Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
searcher
3rdforum
Perfectspecimen
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
9 posters

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Empty Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 9:13

Had a lovely stay of 3 nights here. On arrival we were given a log cabin studio style...
    Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5112

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5113

...on first impression it seemed very dark because it was built in the woods, but we soon got used to it and it was very comfortable.

I can't show any pictures of the pool and Sauna etc. as it's not allowed to take piccies when other people are there but we had a great time. Mermaid liked the jacuzzi best. I'd swim a few lengths then get in the jacuzzi and also went in the sauna and the steam room. They also had a hot tub but it was outside in full view of the bar area and I didn't want Mermaid getting embarrassed with all the girls screaming and running over and mobbing me, so I didn't go in there.

Nice log cabin type bar...
    Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5114

Went all that way just to get these...Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 
    Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5115

Only real complaint I had was I thought the meals were too posh. For starters we ordered Wild Mushrooms and Bruschetta in an olive oil sauce, but I didn't realise you also got a taster of everything else on the menu. Here's a photo of a Yorkshire helping of Scallops and Chorizo...Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 
    Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5116

For the main meal I ordered Loin of venison with Potato rostis and some fancy sauce I can't even remember the name of. Only problem was the strips of venison were really rare, I'd say almost blue. I only ate two slice and it put me right off ny dessert so we didn't eat any evening meals there after that. I think that's more a reflection on me rather than the restaurant though.
    Breakfast was excellent! Usual House breakfast od sausages, bacon, eggs done as you like them (poached for me), black pudding, haggis and tomato. Lovely. Plenty toast and marmalade, fruit drinks, yoghurts and cereals too. Drinks in the bar was £9.20 for a bottle of Magner's pear cider and a peach schnapps and lemonade.

All in all we had a pretty good time. Oh! Except for one morning when the hot water to our cabin didn't work. Had to get washed with cold water, but being a tough ex-squaddie it was nothing to me but Mermaid wasn't too happy. (She boiled a kettle! Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 ).
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Empty Re: Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley.

Post by Topdog Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 9:23

only way to eat good meat, we cook it too much in uk, i love raw beef, lamb rare, duck rare and venison bleu.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Empty Re: Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley.

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 9:31

While we were there, we went to a viewpoint at the top of The Chevin where they are repairing dry-stone walls. I love these old skills. I don't think this will ever die out in Yorkshire...

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. Imgp5117

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W210

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W310

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W410

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W510

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W610

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. W710
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 11:17

Haha, they use a dab of cement to hold them together in Tenerife you know. Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 11:21

Thats cheating! Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 15:37

Topdog wrote:only way to eat good meat, we cook it too much in uk, i love raw beef, lamb rare, duck rare and venison bleu.
    Had food poisoning twice ! both times in Tenerife and both times it was carpaccio of beef that caused it, so if you like raw meat make sure it is very fresh :Not me Guv:
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 30 Aug 2013 - 18:29

Topdog wrote:only way to eat good meat, we cook it too much in uk, i love raw beef, lamb rare, duck rare and venison bleu.

I would rather just eat veg then meat that is under done
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 20:11

Is that it ?, My neck of the woods and its dodgy meat and dry stone walls Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 1498946960 
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 20:28

The area was lovely and the hotel was in a lovely bit. It was just the food that I did not like. I am just very hard to please.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 21:19

What about the Eden Military camp! Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 8 Sep 2013 - 21:25

Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 1498946960 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Mon 9 Sep 2013 - 12:54

The Lone Ranger wrote:What about the  Eden Military camp! Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 3025408739 
    Mcqueen wrote:Chevin Country Park Hotel and Spa, Otley. 1498946960 
    Must remember next time I'm in that neck of the woods,,, to give it a miss...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Camp_Museum

:Not me Guv: 
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Tue 10 Sep 2013 - 20:48

Great pics, the accomm looked really nice and clean.

I'm with you with raw meat yuk, I like mine well done, my wife likes hers charcoaled lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 1:15