Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mcqueen
Gypsy
6 posters

Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid?

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? Empty Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid?

Post by Gypsy Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 12:11

If so, how? Have the changes been for the better or worse?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? Empty Re: Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid?

Post by Mcqueen Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 13:19

Far worse now, I lived over looking a victorian Square, It had a team of gardeners, everything was spotless, If you got caught damaging anything the head gardener dragged you home for a telling off, 2 minutes walk into the centre of Leeds, Men with wheel barrows sweeping up all the time, Now its a tip, Its very near the hospital so nurses rent the big houses, Nobody gives a toss, Oh, Its a conservation area too, My arse, Such a shame too, it was a lovely place to live, Janet and i sometimes have a drive around reliving things we did there, there was 3 squares, Park square, Woodhouse square, and Hanover square. All still there, But no gardeners,
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? Empty Re: Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid?

Post by Daryn Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 14:58

Our town has changed alot some for the better some for the worst. We have a lovely coastal area with a fair ground etc but our town centre is dying a death, we used to have people come from all over for the nightlife but not anymore, there has been millions of pounds worth of investment hand shake and the old dock yards are to be given a spruce up and made into a leasure area with bars restaurants and shops. Ill be taken some photos of our town soon when I get a chance for my website as a resort review, I done one of the coastal area and parks but not sure if I gave the link already on here, anyway here it is again this is my town. With a little bit of history of where I was brought up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 15:12

I was bought up in Birmingham and have not been back for many years. The last time I was back it had changed and the centre of town was a nightmare. I have no wish to go back there.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 17:40

Looks a pretty neat place Daryn...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 18:23

Nice photo's Daryn , Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? 3318427985 Kev has mentioned fairy's rings in Brighton, Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? 755705644
    I dont think he's on about the same thing. Has your hometown changed a lot since you were a kid? 1293740352
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 19:53

Lovely place Daryn
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 20:11

Good Photo's Daryn.
    My home town has changed a lot. We went through Rottingdean yesterday, this is a well known tourist village and many people get married there. It used to have a well kept stunning pond, came past it yesterday and it is all overgrown with weeds and stinks, why, no money to be made for government.
    Fairy's Ring.......not been there, have you Reg?
    Birmingham, we go there every year and do much of our Christmas shopping. It has had a lot of dosh thrown at it and is fabulous now finished. If you go in late November through to Christmas you will catch the AUSTRIAN markets and they are really good.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 20:41

Topdog wrote:Good Photo's Daryn.
    My home town has changed a lot. We went through Rottingdean yesterday, this is a well known tourist village and many people get married there. It used to have a well kept stunning pond, came past it yesterday and it is all overgrown with weeds and stinks, why, no money to be made for government.
    Fairy's Ring.......not been there, have you Reg?
    Birmingham, we go there every year and do much of our Christmas shopping. It has had a lot of dosh thrown at it and is fabulous now finished. If you go in late November through to Christmas you will catch the AUSTRIAN markets and they are really good.

I have heard that,Also the new bullring shopping centre is suppose to be good. Long way for me to go just to shop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 18:11