Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
Topdog
Mermaid
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
Gypsy
9 posters

Warning: Please dont drink too much

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Warning: Please dont drink too much Empty Warning: Please dont drink too much

Post by Gypsy Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 17:36

A friend of mine died this morning, he was taken into hospital 2 weeks ago with Cirrhosis of the liver, yeah he liked a drink but you could never tell when talking to him. He never missed any appointments and was always great company without being a silly arse.  He was also bipolar so when he went quiet after being a bit hypo nobody took too much notice.  What we didn´t know was being extremely tired is one of the symptoms so he was eventually taken into hospital and fell into a coma.  I don´t know how old he was, mid 50s so no age.  

I am not telling anyone not to drink, but just to know when to draw the line.  I don´t think it applies to anyone on this forum but then I didn´t realise just how much alcohol my friend must have been drinking. Life is precious, take care of yourselves.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Warning: Please dont drink too much Empty Re: Warning: Please dont drink too much

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 18:16

Sorry to hear that Meryl...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Warning: Please dont drink too much Empty Re: Warning: Please dont drink too much

Post by Mcqueen Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 18:59

Yeh bad news, I'm glad i dont need to drink to be giddy, I always know when to stop if i do go out,
    Moderation i think, Luke my youngest drinks too much and i dont like it, But ? his life Warning: Please dont drink too much 1498946960 
    Toby the eldest dosent bother either, I have to keep an eye on Janet, she go's too far sometimes
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 19:21

sorry about your friend Gypsy.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 19:35

Very sad, I like a drink sometimes but do not drink everyday and many days it is just one. RIP
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 21:28

I'm always tired. Warning: Please dont drink too much 3275847336  Already posted a few words on Facebook M.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 22:06

Self moderator I am, wallet says no.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 12:32

I'm a social drinker...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 15:54

Drinking on the street is not social drinking you know,,,,,,,,
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 18:12

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, I too have lost a friend too drink. I can take it or leave it, mind when Im out I do make a pig of myself but not falling over and getting int trouble etc but one good night like that puts me off for a good couple of weeks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 15:07