Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+9
Mcqueen
Adam Mint
Jimandsi
Joel David
Perfectspecimen
3rdforum
Gypsy
Topdog
Hayzer
13 posters

The Countdown Begins

Hayzer
    Hayzer

UK Male Posts : 114

The Countdown Begins Empty The Countdown Begins

Post by Hayzer Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:18

Well its just over 4 weeks until we fly out to Tenerife for 2 weeks at the Coasa Adeje Gran. Can' wait for some wonderful winter sunshine and get some heat in my winter chilled body. Not sure what we will get up to when we are over there, last time we just chilled and completely relaxed for our 10 days. It will depend on the weather, if it looks like we might have a poor spell of weather we might hire a car for a couple of days.

Last time we hired a car in Tenerife was from Autoreisen, the service was good but the car was old and battered which at least meant we didn't need worry about getting it dented or scratched. Any car hire recommendations welcomed.

It will be my Birthday when we are out there and we will be looking for somewhere nice to eat out in the evening so again any suggestions welcomed. last time we went to an, at the time, new restaurant across the street from Coeur de Filet which was very nice but not exceptional.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

The Countdown Begins Empty Re: The Countdown Begins

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:43

For a great night but food only ok Vivos Decades. For excellent food Lazy Daze, read the reviews on trip advisor. Also see Redqueenmusings. Great entertainment is available everywhere say what you like and we can advise. Car hire, autoreisen great price and no extras and as you say a bit battered, they have some newer ones now. If you want to know nice drives tell us what you like and again some great suggestions will be made.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:55

Agree with TD, Vivo is a fantastically funny night out, and you don´t have to have a meal which IMO is good value especially if you like a drink a the drinks are AI. Currently I am into Mickey Glam a talented entertainer who does everything from Marc Bolan to Wizard to Slade so if you see him advertised check him out.
    Vanessa always puts on a good show but she is 'blue' so if you are easily offended avoid at all costs.

I don´t tend to eat in the resorts so difficult to recommend but if you get a taxi which shouldn´t be too expensive you can go up to Azulon [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is up in Roques del Conde for something a bit special. If you hire a car and want to leave the resorts then let us know there are some good places around, especially in the hills.

I would stick with Autoreisen WYSIWYG they don´t look like hire cars as they have as many bumps as locals so less likely to have a break in!!

And did I just see you this morning on TA????????
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 10:57

Sounds as if we could be having the start of a get together,

TD, me, Searcher and now Hayzer........ wouldn´t mind betting PS will also be around then, and possibly Carol and Ben. Looking good.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 11:11

Gypsy wrote:
    And did I just see you this morning on TA????????

Yes you did, I post mostly on the Mallorca forum but try give advice for anywhere we have been.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 11:12

Maybe one hoof too
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 11:15

Gypsy

That restaurant looks the bizz, defiantly on our short list.

We will probably eat out on a few occasions, buffet food gets a bit tedious every night.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 11:20

Get together sounds interesting, did I tell you I was an axe wielding psychopath   

nosey
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 12:19

On the right forum then
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 12:59

Hayzer wrote:Get together sounds interesting, did I tell you I was an axe wielding psychopath   

nosey

Topdog wrote:On the right forum then

The Countdown Begins 3025408739  The Countdown Begins 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 13:03

Hayzer, I used to use CICAR for car rental. Never had any problems and cars were always good. However, about 5 years ago, we gave Autoreisen a go and have used them ever since. Cars may not be brand new ( quite often are close to it ) but they operate a no frills, highly efficient service at roughly 60% the cost of other companies. With regards to restaurants, I have never stayed ( not this century) in the south so cant advise, but if you want to head up to Los Gigantes/Puerto Santiago for a spin, I can give you the name of a few there.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 15:09

Hayzer wrote:Get together sounds interesting, did I tell you I was an axe wielding psychopath   
     nosey

Doesn't bother us, we have had a couple of those on the island and seen them off.

There was the guy who decapitated a woman a few years ago and then someone went off his head with a machete in a bar in LA but apart from that the only person you have to worry about is TD if someone tries to rip him off.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 15:10

nosey
    Yeah but how tall are you? The three founders on here are little more than dwarfs, they are looking for 4 new members so they can start a comedy routine. Obviously being of normal size I cant join in but dont mind helping out with the Cinderella auditions.  The Countdown Begins 3025408739 
    Auto Reisen every time would be my recommendation, book it on line for the best price. And if you dont turn up it costs nowt too. I have often been up-graded to a bigger car and most are completely acceptable anyway. Too many car snobs on here, and bus snobs. The bus service is good if not very punctual and cheap as chips with the Bono card.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 17:07

You are not normal size Vince, well not round
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 17:21

Hi 'Guys', don't know if you've looked recently but Autoreisens prices have gone daft....300 euros next week for 7 days. May be something to do with TUI as they are sending all their pax to them, I have been using them every six weeks for 10years now and they have always been between 85 to 100 euros, when I came down the last week in November the price was hyked up to 200 euros for 7 days, when I arrived at the desk there was a tail-back of about 20.. (all Fritz's, Helmut's and Adolf's). I am down next week but booked 2 months ago and i'm still paying 160 euros, same again for the last week in Feb so it aint the usual half-term rip-off.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 17:57

Thats weird, I booked a station wagon for 2 weeks next July, 230 euros. Dont know what might have caused the spike now.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 17:59

Just got a quote for a C3 from 12 Jan to 19th for 117.60 euro. Joel, clear your cookies or open a "private" window and see if the prices change.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 18:53

3rdforum wrote:Just got a quote for a C3 from 12 Jan to 19th for 117.60 euro. Joel, clear your cookies or open a "private" window and see if the prices change.

Thanks for the tip 3 F, but due to recent past events I always clear cookies and use the 'net' cloaked, I have just tried again for 5th until 12th Jan and i'm being quoted 265 euros, the feb one has come down a little...129 euros for 8 days.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 18:57

5th and 6th is Kings (Spanish Xmas) so they are probably expensive because a lot of people will be visiting relations that week from the mainland.

PS: How is Mrs D - give her a hug from me xx
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 19:08

Gypsy wrote:5th and 6th is Kings (Spanish Xmas) so they are probably expensive because a lot of people will be visiting relations that week from the mainland.

PS: How is Mrs D - give her a hug from me xx

You are right Gypsy, the price halves on the 7th but I am down on the 5th.  Mrs D is doing well thank you and looking forward to coming down on Sunday, we will be at 'Chirringo Atlantico on Sunday night for three kings eve and I hope to play Placeres on Thursday the 9th.  A very happy, healthy and peaceful new year to you and hubby and to the members and readers.xx
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 20:51

And to you Joel, perhaps Gypsy and her toyboy might bring me to see you perform.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 21:24

TD, when you pop round to me over the weekend we will make arrangements to go and see Joel.
    Joel David
    Joel David

Post by Joel David Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 21:37

Topdog wrote:And to you Joel, perhaps Gypsy and her toyboy might bring me to see you perform.

It would be a real pleasure to see you T.D. and to see the lovely Gypsy and Mr Gypsy again.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 2 Jan 2014 - 23:31

You too Joel and its Mrs Gypsy's toyboy.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Fri 3 Jan 2014 - 17:22

4 weeks today, can't wait it's  weather here

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 14:31