Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Gypsy
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
Hayzer
8 posters

We're all going on a summer holiday

Hayzer
    Hayzer

UK Male Posts : 114

We're all going on a summer holiday Empty We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by Hayzer Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 9:33

Although we enjoy Tenerife for us it has mainly been a winter sunshine destination, our real love is for Mallorca. These days it is almost an automatic choice for us for our main holiday. We have spent many hours trawling the internet and assessing our options and have finally started booking things up.

The first problem is flights, costs and availability of direct flights from Aberdeen are so poor it makes it impossible to fly direct these days, indeed we couldn't get a flight from Aberdeen for a 3 week holiday. The next option is to fly from Glasgow or Edinburgh which adds to the cost and hassle. Even doing this flight prices are very expensive.

We finally decided to fly from Aberdeen Via Heathrow to Mallorca with BA which is cheaper and much quicker than travelling south to catch a flight. We also booked a car hire through BA at an unbelievably low rate.
    We have also booked a small "Cassita" with a pool for the first 2 weeks. It is nice and secluded on the edge of the town of Soller but within a 10-15 minute walk into the town itself. So we need to decide where we are spending the third week which is proving tricky as we have an idea of what we want but just can't find a perfect match.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

We're all going on a summer holiday Empty Re: We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 10:08

I'm in Dunfermline Hayzer, and I know what you mean about the flights. Edinburgh is my ideal choice but Glasgow usually has better times or cheaper prices. If it's only £100 or so difference though then I'll opt for Edinburgh as it's only a 20minute journey.  We're all going on a summer holiday 294053457 
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

We're all going on a summer holiday Empty Re: We're all going on a summer holiday

Post by Topdog Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 10:13

Swim
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 11:19

Sorry can´t help as I know nothing at all about Mallorca, never been but it is on my list for short hops. So would be interested to read what you get up to once your hols are over.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 18:19

I like Majorca, some real nice bits
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Sat 18 Jan 2014 - 21:41

Were the same The Rock is winter sun and for is possibly at its best then 'far away from the madding crowd' pretty much guaranteed good weather,

We like Majorca many great family holidays in lovely Cala d'Or, had a great weekend in Santa Ponsa last May despite iffy weather love the Island.

But if a choice of summer holiday (June-September) would choose Turkey any time, really fallen for the place. Already booked to return to wonderful Dalyan 3rd year running same hotel same its family run and they give us the same room now real one big family feel to the entire holiday great atmosphere generated around the place pool bar is buzzing every time its like walking into your local.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 0:05

Would they have 2 bed apartments in that hotel Blyth?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 1:22

Cam aint Scottish, he could save a hundred quid............
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 10:03

Gypsy wrote:Sorry can´t help as I know nothing at all about Mallorca, never been but it is on my list for short hops.  So would be interested to read what you get up to once your hols are over.

I have in the past posted daily updates of my holiday on the Majorcaforum, here is a link my last one from 2012 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will probably do the same this year, might post it on both forums
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 11:56

Don´t take special time out of your hols, but if you want it would be good to read and appreciated.   We're all going on a summer holiday 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 13:41

Take time out, helps you escape......Mrs getting ready, internet for 20 with a cold one.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 13:57

We're all going on a summer holiday 2419626307  Riddles  We're all going on a summer holiday 1498946960 
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 14:41

Friigin hell Reg. Whilst the wife is putting on her make up, jewellery and doing her hair, take ones self off. Have a cold beverage whilst browsing the internet.
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

Post by Hayzer Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 12:47

Topdog wrote:Take time out, helps you escape......Mrs getting ready, internet for 20 with a cold one.

20  We're all going on a summer holiday 2419626307  not a chance make that about 60  We're all going on a summer holiday 3025408739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 1:06