Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Mermaid
Mcqueen
Topdog
7 posters

Friend died

Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Friend died Empty Friend died

Post by Topdog Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 23:03

Real Great bloke I worked with for seven years before coming here, died at the weekend. Harold (H) one of lifes real nice geezers, early forties...........worked on my team for last few months, such a laugh and real kind guy. Brain Tumour.............whats going on, looks like a funeral in UK as all old mates will be there.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Friend died Empty Re: Friend died

Post by Mcqueen Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 9:43

Sorry Kev.  Friend died 3913804730 
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 10:16

sorry to hear that Kev. So young as well.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 10:38

How sad, I know this is a little off topic, but I recently shared my friend Kelly's blog, today she writes that it has been looked at by some 15,000 people so her message about brain injuries is getting out there.  For anyone interested this is the link but there are a couple of graphic images. Walk and Die
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 11:37

What a great story and outcome, I have read it before but just read it again.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 13:03

Sorry to hear the news Kev. I had similar news last week. Same age as well.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 13:24

Gypsy wrote:How sad, I know this is a little off topic, but I recently shared my friend Kelly's blog, today she writes that it has been looked at by some 15,000 people so her message about brain injuries is getting out there.  For anyone interested this is the link but there are a couple of graphic images.  Walk and Die
    Thats pretty much exactly how my brother died. Weird that we're talking about this, it's his anniversary is this week. We found out all the details after his death, Dave never told anyone that he was terminally ill.  His tumour was very slow going and he could have been expected to live a further 15 to 20 years unless there was a bleed. He went back to work after 6 months off and died less than a fortnight later. 6 days before he died, he got headaches and went to hospital. Following a CT scan, they discovered a bleed but nothing could be done ( had they operated, he would have been a vegetable and he didn't want that ). The night before he died, I actually took him out of the hospital for a few pints. I should have known with hindsight, that no person would normally be allowed to leave to go to the pub, but he was such a charmer, I though he gave the medical staff a nudge and a wink to let him go. Instead, he instructed them not to tell anyone that he had a matter of days or hours. That night, the bleed got worse and he had a major ( and his last) seizure. 2 days later, I gave permission to switch off his life support ( after being given conflicting info that it was up to the medical staff to decide and then told it was up to the family ). The pressure inside the tumour caused it to swell and eventually burst. The night before he was singing along to the band in the pub and I looked at him inquiringly ( not like him to sing along, he was normally the one on the stage singing with his band ). He said "Its just great to be able to remember the words" and yet still the alarm bells didn't go off in my head. His peripheral vision has also gone. In hindsight, all the warning signs were there but I didn't allow myself to see them. Actually, the previous Tuesday,he rang me from the hospital to make sure I was coming down to see him the following weekend. I was sitting on the stairs and when I came off the phone, Eileen asked how he was. I said to her there and then "Dave is going to die". Don't know why I said it but I think deep down I knew. Anyway, the point is that right up until his last seizure even though his brain was swelling, he was still lucid and in great humour. I'm going to stop now, getting teary eyed.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 16:26

I had read gypsy's link before and re read it. What a story. So sorry about your brother Dermo.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 16:53

Sorry to hear of your loss Kev, and Dermo, life's a crock of shit mate. Make the best fist of it you can! Go out and enjoy yourself to the max and if a doctor tells you you've got weeks to live, spend everything on the credit card!  Friend died 3025408739 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 17:20

Few years back lad I worked with had been diagnosed with cancer, we always had a Christmas boys night out but we didn't do it that year,  he got out of hospital, still very ill, so we decided to have our Christmas night, may have been about February by this time, we went for a meal down where the guy lived as he was not up for town, then on to a bar that was showing the football, it was a week night, but there was a big match on, mainly guys in the bar we were in, two females came in, ok looking, late thirties I would say, I got speaking to them, conversation came round as to why we were there, I told them story, turned out they were nurses who worked with cancer patients, they couldn't understand why we were having such a boring night, there view was get your mate hp to the lap dancing bars and give him a good time,,, I was on there side, but our work mate was just for calling it a night after match. After the game our party of people started to break up and head home, it was midweek and we were all working next day, the two girls were heading in to town, I thought stuff it I'm going with you, left pub expecting to get a taxi, no they had a car, let me tell you I was drunk, but was scared, the girl driving was mad, speeding, all over the road etc, I say take it easy you'll loose your licence, two of them in fits of laughter, "who the fu#k cares" was the answer, a wild night followed...

Work mate died a couple of months later...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 21:35