Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Lord wont you buy me.........

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Lord wont you buy me......... Empty Lord wont you buy me.........

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 19:26

.............a Mercedes Benz. So the song goes.
    Well I already have one of them so I think I will ask the Lord for a Sat-nav. Yesterday I had to collect ebay stuff from various locations in East Anglia. All went well with the first two and then I had to get from Clacton to Lowestoft, easy enough, straight up the A12. However I found myself in Felixstowe Docks.  Lord wont you buy me......... 2419626307  WTF I thought, have I been asleep? Or was it that blond bird in the Porsche that distracted me? U-turn back to A12 and get to Lowestoft now late. I had instructions written down, over the dock bridge, bear left at the roundabout, second road on the left. Simples. Except no fecking roundabout! I decide to take ever increasing circles until I discover the road as no 'locals' appeared to know. Half an hour later I find another bridge also going across the docks. Oh dear,  Lord wont you buy me......... 1498946960  never mind, only one hour and 10 minutes late now.
    Managed to find the final pickup in Fakenham without a problem. 281 miles google said the round trip would be, I clocked up 334............Also, next time take reading glasses so I can see a bleeding map. Sometimes I think I'm just too 'old skool' for my own fecking good.  Lord wont you buy me......... 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Lord wont you buy me......... Empty Re: Lord wont you buy me.........

Post by Mcqueen Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 19:30

Ah Felixstowe docks, Lovely industrial area, Lorry loads of containers all over the place,  Lord wont you buy me......... 1498946960 
    Cant see it being a tourist area anytime soon  Lord wont you buy me......... 1498946960 When you do get a satnav dont rely on it too much, take a compass too,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 21:35

Bloody bus service
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 21:44

You will be fine with a sat nav, as long as you make sure a woman is giving the directions.   Lord wont you buy me......... 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 8 Mar 2014 - 23:08

I had a built in one on a car once, woman kept telling me to turn, put me right off.  Lord wont you buy me......... 3025408739  Car even had a telly, trouble was it kept letting me down. Sold it on ebay in the end as a non runner, some muppet paid £500 for it. Jeez was I glad to see the back of that. Rover 75 it was, mainly BMW bits on it. Dont ever buy one.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 9 Mar 2014 - 12:04

Deaf that's why. "in 100 yes turn left," "eh" " turn right"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 16:44