Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
6 posters

Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops Empty Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 8:18

The mind boggles...BBC Scotland
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops Empty Re: Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 10:15

Never mind, soon be able to stop them at the border Cam. Except the Englishmen in dresses, they will probably get through. Now, whatever happened to all the illegals that were 'expelled' by the French police from the Calais Camp? Are they all waiting for a Southerly breeze to help them across the Channel on their airbeds? What we need is a public spirited bloke with time on his hands, a nice boat and an air rifle to patrol the Kent coast. 

Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 1706419330
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops Empty Re: Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops

Post by Adam Mint Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 16:24

Don't see anything wrong with the guys footwear, when I lived out in tenerife I drank in the row of bars opposite the Arona Grand , daily all you would see were hoards of people passing to head up Mount Gaza, you could tell thats where they were heading cos they were kitted up as if they were going up Everest...
    Decided to do it myself one day, off I set, the kit, one mountain bike (well I was going up a mountain), shorts, t-shirt (tied round handlebars), and of course the essential flip flops, from the base of the path at the El Rincon apartments to the top of the path about fifteen minutes if I recall correctly, carried the bike most of the way up, mainly due to the roughness of the path not its steepness, passed loads of Everest wannabes, seemed to be mainly German, could tell by their comments as to my attire...
    Cycled around a bit when I got up there then headed back down, decent was a bit quicker only hindered by having to negotiate my way around the Everest wannabes I'd passed on the way up...
    Amazing what you can do in a pair of one fifty euro flip flops...
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 19:47

Adam Mint wrote:Don't see anything wrong with the guys footwear, when I lived out in tenerife I drank in the row of bars opposite the Arona Grand , daily all you would see were hoards of people passing to head up Mount Gaza, you could tell thats where they were heading cos they were kitted up as if they were going up Everest...
    Decided to do it myself one day, off I set, the kit, one mountain bike (well I was going up a mountain), shorts, t-shirt (tied round handlebars), and of course the essential flip flops, from the base of the path at the El Rincon apartments to the top of the path about fifteen minutes if I recall correctly, carried the bike most of the way up, mainly due to the roughness of the path not its steepness, passed loads of Everest wannabes, seemed to be mainly German, could tell by their comments as to my attire...
    Cycled around a bit when I got up there then headed back down, decent was a bit quicker only hindered by having to negotiate my way around the Everest wannabes I'd passed on the way up...
    Amazing what you can do in a pair of one fifty euro flip flops...
    well done Adam. Flip flops are great footwear.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:06

Stupid and dangerous  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 506932706 but I remember seeing the photos so overall worthwhile  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:09

I went up there in some serious gear...I used trainers!  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 1483819851  Went all the way to the masts too, had a wee look round at the views then came down again... Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 3025408739 
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:13

Gypsy wrote:Stupid and dangerous  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 506932706 but I remember seeing the photos so overall worthwhile  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 294053457

Yip, all them old Germans with ski sticks but no skis, accident waiting to happen,,, good job they've got an air ambulance out here...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 22:14

The Lone Ranger wrote:I went up there in some serious gear...I used trainers!  Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 1483819851  Went all the way to the masts too, had a wee look round at the views then came down again... Tourist has to be rescued from Aonach Mor range wearing flip-flops 3025408739 

Same here cam, you think someone would have built a bar...
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 22 Jun 2014 - 23:20

I drove round it, up road do a left, pas the turn off for Monkey park, do a right at roundabout, take road for Par Mar.......I had flip flops on too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 4:43