Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Honister slate mine,

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Honister slate mine, Empty Honister slate mine,

Post by Mcqueen Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:26

Just watched a programe about the guy who reopened the old slate mine, Must have made a few quid out of it, He wanted to open a zip wire so people could hurl themselves off the moutain, And wizz down to the bottom about a mile, Seems like a good plan to me, Folk go to the lakes for a bit of adventure Once on our way up janet and me decided to stop and take in the view, This couple turn up in a vw van, He gets out and starts putting together a big kite, you know the one you get strapped in and throw yourself off the mountain Honister slate mine, 1695130124 Wifey sat watching him, So i said to Janet hey up Loony going to kill himself, This should be intresting, Gets it all together, His wife straps baby to her front, climbs in said contraption and throws herself off the mountain, Hubby gets in the van and chases after her, So there is a market for this sort of thing, Anyway owner buys himself a helicopter to get to work in, And kills himself, Then planning permission is refused anyway, National park didnt like the idea, Said some plants may get destroyed, Dont suppose they noticed how many sheep eat green stuff all day,
    Ive done a few walks up there, Theirs hundreds of people walking up and down them mountains, tramping on plants ?. The national parks need to move with the times, Ever been to conniston in winter, There is nobody except the visitors looking for something to do, Oh and honister mine is the only major employer around there ?, Silly people.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Honister slate mine, Empty Re: Honister slate mine,

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:31

Sheep, love it Reg. Honister slate mine, 3711883763
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:32

I think I remember something about that. Didn't the owner start working the mine( or showing it to visitors) all by himself and people thought he was nuts?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:38

3rdforum wrote:I think I remember something about that. Didn't the owner start working the mine( or showing it to visitors) all by himself and people thought he was nuts?
    Yeh thats the one, He also had his mother showing people round, Anybody that flys a helicopter is nuts, Ask Colin McCrae, Oh you cant, Next doors dad had one, We go up in his plane, but my neighbour wont sit in the chopper, Not safe he says,
    Good enough for me,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:42

I'd forgotten about Colin McCrae. That Matthew Harding fella, the guy who bankrolled Chelsea before Abramovich, I think he was killed in one as well.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 23 Oct 2011 - 22:46

Your right he was, Happens all the time, But planes, Large or small dont crash that often. Toni my neighbour says, If the engine packs up, theres always somewhere to land, In a chopper, Goodnight nurse, Richard hammond off top gear has just got one, Remember this conversation,
    silly boy,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 3:36