Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
Daryn
7 posters

Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone

Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone Empty Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone

Post by Daryn Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 15:19

Not sure if this is any good to anyone but it could stop you getting ripped off. Samsung tv's have a manufacturing fault on them. Symptoms are switching on or off on there own, popping noises or just no screen at all. Its a well known fault and its mostly down to the capacitors. If your handy with a soldering iron it could be an easy cheap fix. Ive just done one for my mother- in- law but it still didn't work and I had to buy an eprom and solder that in as well which did do the trick. Anyway here are some photos showing you how its done. This was a fix I done as I dabble with bits and bobs ,mostly radio's. So if your unsure don't touch your set as its dangerous but at least you have an idea incase your repair man wants you to buy a full board, or two full boards which will run into 100's of £'ssssss. Hope its of use to someone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone Empty Re: Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 15:29

Daryn wrote:Not sure if this is any good to anyone but it could stop you getting ripped off. Samsung tv's have a manufacturing fault on them. Symptoms are switching on or off on there own, popping noises or just no screen at all. Its a well known fault and its mostly down to the capacitors. If your handy with a soldering iron it could be an easy cheap fix. Ive just done one for my mother- in- law but it still didn't work and I had to buy an eprom and solder that in as well which did do the trick. Anyway here are some photos showing you how its done. This was a fix I done as I dabble with bits and bobs ,mostly radio's. So if your unsure don't touch your set as its dangerous but at least you have an idea incase your repair man wants you to buy a full board, or two full boards which will run into 100's of £'ssssss. Hope its of use to someone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm crap at that stuff...don't even have a soldering iron. Thanks for the info though Daryn. Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone 3318427985
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone Empty Re: Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone

Post by Mcqueen Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 15:29

Thanks Daryn, Always good to know, I'm a sony man myself, Though i have two LG teles in tenerife, Queer set up there, You have to have the original box to take it back in ? Or they tell you to go forth,
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 15:39

You must love tinkering
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 16:55

I do but dont tell the wife Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone 3077217049
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 29 Oct 2011 - 20:00

Get yourself down the local Tip lad and set up an ebay account, better than sitting on yer ass in that cab doing nowt.........
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Sun 30 Oct 2011 - 4:54

Your right there lol
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 30 Oct 2011 - 12:01

4:54am, a right party animal you are.........
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Sun 30 Oct 2011 - 13:02

Hahaha I wish its the bloody job
    Thrillseeker
    Thrillseeker

Post by Thrillseeker Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 21:11

Daryn wrote:Not sure if this is any good to anyone but it could stop you getting ripped off. Samsung tv's have a manufacturing fault on them. Symptoms are switching on or off on there own, popping noises or just no screen at all. Its a well known fault and its mostly down to the capacitors. If your handy with a soldering iron it could be an easy cheap fix. Ive just done one for my mother- in- law but it still didn't work and I had to buy an eprom and solder that in as well which did do the trick. Anyway here are some photos showing you how its done. This was a fix I done as I dabble with bits and bobs ,mostly radio's. So if your unsure don't touch your set as its dangerous but at least you have an idea incase your repair man wants you to buy a full board, or two full boards which will run into 100's of £'ssssss. Hope its of use to someone. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Are you saying all samsung TVs. I have one in the kitchen that I bought about 6 months ago and it's great. No trouble with it at all and I'm not expecting any!
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 21:17

Hi Thrillseeker, lovely to see you posting.
    Samsung is a massive Korean company and we make a lot of Vacuum pump systems for the production of their goods. Our UK work is all being moved to CZech and Korea. These TV's are a particular batch that were made and it is not all TV'S. I will try to source some more info.
    It would appear this is a separate incident to the 2 year capacitor issue they have, which is in many TV's.
    Thrillseeker
    Thrillseeker

Post by Thrillseeker Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 21:24

good
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 0:39

Wow its that bloody Giraffe again. How many times do you need to be told to keep your head down? Wind that bleedin neck in.......Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone 811500621 Nice to see you back again...Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone 1293356558
    Thrillseeker
    Thrillseeker

Post by Thrillseeker Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 16:49

Why thankyou P.S.

I'm watching you too! lol!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 16:51

Good evening Thrillseeker, nice to see you back again. Samsung tv common fault/hope this helps someone 1293356558
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 19:25

If you are going to have an affair with an animal make it a Giraffe, It can keep a look out so no one finds out.
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 5:12

Not actually sure but there is alot of publicity about them on line. I know of a few personal friends that have had the problem on the 40'' LCD tvs which is what this paticular one is. As topdog said they seem to last about 2 years then break down.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 8:33

Daryn wrote:Not actually sure but there is alot of publicity about them on line. I know of a few personal friends that have had the problem on the 40'' LCD tvs which is what this paticular one is. As topdog said they seem to last about 2 years then break down.
    Hi Daryn, you are right lots of adverse publicity, to me non British, poor standard on many things. It is not the manufacturers but most of the time the components they are using are made cheaper.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 14:14