Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+8
Mermaid
Gypsy
Mcqueen
Adam Mint
Topdog
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
3rdforum
12 posters

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. Empty Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

Post by 3rdforum Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 8:51

morningall. up and at them!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. Empty Re: Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 16:42

Mcqueen wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:Always been Fridays and Sundays... Dancing
    So what do you do Wednesdays Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3275847336

Same as Monday to Thursday! Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3025408739 Afternoon everyone... Hi
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. Empty Re: Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests.

Post by Mcqueen Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 17:47

Mad as a hatter Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 18:48

Good evening. Heard the news this morning and thought blimey, lots to talk about on the forum. Sadly I can only remember something about 2.7m muslims. Never mind, it will come back to me.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:19

Evening all. long day today.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:25

24 hours long Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 294053457 no sun either Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3913804730
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 19:33

Just about 12 hours of daylight though, its getting better then but I think there is some rain coming from Ireland.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 12 Feb 2015 - 21:14

Getting warmer here
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 0:10

Its nice and warm in my house too Kev, thanks to the kerosene heating oil being half the price it was last year, apparently is cheaper than using gas now but of course thats not an option where I live anyway. I still have gas for the hob though, cant be doing with cooking on electric. My local dealer sells the propane gas in orange bottles with a green stripe. Bigger than the Tenerife silver ones of course and probably about the same price. I have to cook on ceramic hob in Tenerife, it glows red, either glows or not, totally uncontrollable and I hate it. First job if I ever move in permanant? Get a gas hob, I'll find a space in the wardrobe for the gas bottle, after all, I wont need winter clothes will I?  Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 8:13

Good morning members, Another Assembly at Lexies school then down to Morrisons Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3561243520
    So the weekend starts here  Dancing
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 8:59

morning all. Shopping today as Macie is staying again at the weekend.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 17:01

Afternoon all...foggy innit...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 17:20

No Fog here Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3275847336
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:44

Evening all. My dad ok physically. no recollection of falling. The home help lady rang my brother earlier to say when they got him to his feet he was falling against the wall while trying to walk. My brother left his work immediately and drove over to home place. My mother, bless her, said my father was putting it on and nothing wrong with him. I told her to keep an eye on him. I got home a little while ago and rang folks to see that they were ok. My mother had gone out for a walk for an hour ( first time in a year) despite myself and brother telling her to keep an eye on my dad. I asked her why she left him on his own. She said and I quote "to satisfy my vengeance". I hung up. This is the 3rd time that we are worried about my dad's safety ( from her). You know what the worst thing about it all? He adores the ground she walks on. I've called a meeting between my brothers and I week after next. I'm going to push for them to either be made wards of court, or else, that we try to persuade them to sign over Enduring Power of Attorney to me ( or brother). They are no longer capable of independent living. That's not strictly true. My dad couldn't live without her, she'll thrive if she gets rid of him.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:49

Forgot to mention, my dad's speech is very slurred and he is shuffling rather than walking. He was fine last weekend. I think I said before that the local GP had prescribed sleeping tablets at 4 times the recommended dosage for 4 or 5 years. Eileen was saying that the tablets are so strong, they only allow patients to have them for a max of 2 WEEKS ( at 1/4 the strength he is on). Anyway, it is my suspicion that he knows well the effect they have on him and he overdoses when she goes off on one so he can Zone out.  Both my brother and I think she is genuinely psychotic. She said this evening that no one cared when she fell in hospital 2 years ago yet 2 minutes later she suddenly cant remember ever being in hospital. My mother has been "odd" all her life, very anxious person. She is now manically depressed/psychotic/insane imo.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 19:49

Again, sorry for the rant. I'm fuming here. It helps to put it down in words.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 20:06

Rant on, send them to me, I always attract nutters. Anyway, good evening.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 21:08

All sounds familiar D, Who i thought was my father was 100% with me and my family,
    Mother could cause trouble in an empty room, and generally did Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 506932706 I wont go into it all because i wont sleep,
    She is still in the fridge at the hospital and still causing trouble, she always said wait until i go and it will all kick off,
    Mostly people get what they deserve, Get your father to somewhere safe before it is too late,
    one of you needs lasting power of attorney at least, Take advice from a family solicitor,
    But what ever you do dont try to care for him yourself, Nightmare start to finnish Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 1498946960
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 22:07

I do hope you can sort your parents out Dermo. It must be such a worry for you.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 22:34

You and Reg brothers Dermo
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 22:35

Yeah, sounds like it Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 13 Feb 2015 - 23:11

Lovers.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 8:55

Good morning members, Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 294053457
    You are supposed to respect your parents, Some just try your patience,
    Ooo dont speak about your parents like that Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 1498946960 , Go blox, my mother was evil to the core,
    It will have had an effect on me somewhere weather
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 9:20

Reg is right in one thing though Dermo. Don't try and look after them yourself, I watched my mum look after my gran because she didn't want to put her into a home back in the '80s. The extra work nearly did for her. Gran became incontinent and regressed. Feckin' nightmare... Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 1498946960 She didn't want to put gran in a home because papa was put in a home and he died there within a fortnight. He would have died at home just the same but mum felt guilty. Good Morning and Welcome to TFoF members and guests. 3275847336
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 14 Feb 2015 - 11:23

Thanks guys. I gave up worrying about my mam years ago. She said some things while I was standing beside my brother's open coffin that just cut me in two. That was the final straw. Always had a tense relationship with her. Told my brother a few months back that I would do my duty regarding her but that was it. Its my Dad I worry about. Hes very dependent on her and she knows it. If it was 6 years ago, I would tell him to leave her. I think it would be better for them to be apart if I'm totally honest. If it happened know, he would go off a cliff mentally and be dead in a few weeks. She would thrive imo. Anyway, don't worry about me. This situation has been like this for years. I can handle it. I've often said, it wouldn't be the worst thing if an lorry came round  a bend on the wrong side and hit them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 2 May 2024 - 0:11