Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Campbell Brodie
Mcqueen
6 posters

Heart warming story

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Heart warming story Empty Heart warming story

Post by Mcqueen Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 18:55

Sunday afternoon layed out chilling when all of a sudden shouting outside Heart warming story 2419626307 Jumped up and a woman was charging about shouting Jessie Jessie,
    A small child was missing, the father was running up and down shouting into the shops, Heart warming story 3913804730 , it seemed to go on for ages but it lasted maybe 20 minutes,
    Police arrived and left Heart warming story 878948377  WTF i thought, get on the beach either end and walk it Heart warming story 16779677  Nah they were worse than useless,
    I was boiling mad, meanwhile the woman was just screaming her voice had gone, the the dad was beefing and helpless, Janet just stood holding her mouth, tears flowing, i wasnt far behind, Harrowing to say the least, Then a big roar and people clapping and whooping, she was found safe further down the beach, Janet burst into tears, i just held her and the relief was just major, never come across anything like that before.
    Turned out Jessie was from a traveler family, She was dressed in lime green with a big lime green flower in her hair, how she got lost i dont know,
    But i thought afterwards how great it was everybody joined in looking and cheered when they found her, bet she got belted later on Heart warming story 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Heart warming story Empty Re: Heart warming story

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:22

What a fright! You can just imagine the woman's terror if you thought you'd lost a child in a strange place. Yeah, I reckon she would have got a slap if it wasn't so public. By the time they got home they maybe all calmed down a bit!
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 19:52

Our Toby vanished one day Heart warming story 2419626307 Found him asleep under his bed  Heart warming story 506932706 Same again everybody was looking for him
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 5 Jan 2016 - 22:13

Think I may have posted this before...

Was down the Cornwall/Devon area on holiday, kids were about one and three years old, we're having a day at a very busy beach, can't remember exactly where, can only remember access to the beach was only  from one end as cliffs prevented any other access,  when  it's coming to the end of the day, lots of people heading in one direction, we decide to to call it a day as well, beach is still reasonably crowded, we start to pack up getting dressed etc, next thing we realise our daughters dissapeared, what I have not mentioned, on the nation news a week or so  before we left Scotland was a big headline about a kid, think it was a boy, being abducted from a beach in the area we were heading to, to this day I don't know what ever became of the kid, being on holiday we lost touch with the news, would have been about thirty years ago, but back to the story, so daughters nowhere to be seen, first thing that comes to mind is the news story, we're calling out her name much like how McQueen describes, someone seeing our distress says to me get up to the lifeguard point they've got a tannoy system, so I do, next thing they're calling out her name and description, me and a couple of lifeguards head back to our spot on the beach, I see a woman with my daughter in hand heading towards my distressed wife, she'd heard the tannoy call and recognised my daughter playing in a rock pool which I'd been playing with her earlier in,,, rock pool was only ten yards or so from us,,, we had only taken our eyes of her for a second, that all it takes, but I'll admit we just went in to a massive panic, hearing what we had on the news your mind just goes in to overdrive, probally as those peoples did based on the Madeline McCann case...
    At least a good outcome, any historians throw any light on to that kid some thirty years back in England...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 9:11

The police response to that little girl missing was shambolic, If she had been abducted she could have been in Santa Cruz on a yacht heading anywhere, Heart warming story 1498946960 Heart warming story 1498946960 Heart warming story 1498946960
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 9:35

You could have been a lookout and found her with your special lenses you use for eyeing up totty.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 10:08

Yeh but i had no idea what she or he looked like or what age, plus beach full of kids too,
    Plus the blady palm trees want trimming Heart warming story 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 10:10

Way things are these days you would probably have got done for looking at kids on the beach, bad sate of affairs
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 12:02

Clue, you don't go to the beach in Scotland in feckin January...

Come to think of it you don't go in feckin August either...

Weather
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 12:42

Mcqueen wrote:The police response to that little girl missing was shambolic, If she had been abducted she could have been in Santa Cruz on a yacht heading anywhere, Heart warming story 1498946960 Heart warming story 1498946960 Heart warming story 1498946960

What brought our nightmare to a speedy end was the beach tannoy system, getting a description of her out to the hundreds of people  on the beach worked...
    As previously said she was found only ten yards or so from us, the woman who returned her to us was probably in earshot of us calling out her name but did not respond to that, but when she heard the message "Lost child, three year old girl, blond hair, red swimsuit" coming over the tannoy she like everyone else hearing the message looked around her and sure enough playing in a rock pool on her own in front of her was a girl meeting the description...

As for her parents, your brain just goes in to overdrive, in my case I can still recall the scenario, she's been abducted was the first one due to the recent news story, she's in the sea drowning, she's got caught up in the crowd leaving the beach,,, not she's close by just playing, that one don't come in to your mind...

Those parents will remember the event the rest of their life's, I still do, I can remember the exact second I realised she wasn't there, my wife was strapping my son in to the buggy, I was getting dressed, then I realised she wasn't in my vision,,, it only took a second,,, she, oh these two are boring, oh that was fun in that rock pool earlier today, I'll go there...

Simple innit...
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 18:41

Adam I recall my daughter disappearing at a market.I was screaming her name,asking people have you seen a little girl etc. Eventually I can see her in the distance, The little madam would not turn round. Someone stopped her and I caught up with her. It happened so quickly. This was 30 odd years ago. My daughters would hide from me in shops,I hated going into town with them. They are so protective with their own kids now though.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 19:01

I offered to get the grandkids sat nav watches, both said we wont wear them, Think there called kidnav or the likes, you can find where they are on the computor, same as petnav chips for cats and dogs, I said you could wear them under your socks, both looked at me like i was mental Heart warming story 2419626307
    Blox then get lost  Heart warming story 1483819851
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 6 Jan 2016 - 22:51

Mermaid wrote:Adam I recall my daughter disappearing at a market.I was screaming her name,asking people have you seen a little girl etc. Eventually I can see her in the distance, The little madam would not turn round. Someone stopped her and I caught up with her. It happened so quickly. This was 30 odd years ago. My daughters would hide from me in shops,I hated going into town with them. They are so protective with their own kids now though.

My grandson was like that, always running away any chance he could get,  feckin little nuisance, couldn't take him anywhere, I'd have had the shit knocked out of him but his parents just chased around after him like eejits,,,  remember taking him to one of them kiddies play places, full on ball pits, climbing frames, etc, something all kids love, he even tried to escape from there...
    I say to my daughter set it up with two or three of your mates that he don't know, take him out  for a burger or to the park, have your mates around and let him run away with them discretely following him and you dissapear,,, scare the shit out of the little pest when he realises mummy ain't chasing him and he's lost,,, but she wouldn't do it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 0:13