Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
Topdog
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
Mermaid
Cruella de Vil
9 posters

What are your in-laws like?

Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

What are your in-laws like? Empty What are your in-laws like?

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 8:45

Following on from another thread I was wonder how everyone gets on with their in-laws?

I never knew my father-in-law as he had passed before I met the boys dad, however my mother-in-law is lovely, she would give you the shirt off her back and do anything for you (well me) lol sadly she now has dementia and is going downhill rapidly at the age of 86, bless her.

My present OH has lost both of his parents so I never knew them either, or his brother.

What about you folks? What are your in-laws like? 2839888827
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

What are your in-laws like? Empty Re: What are your in-laws like?

Post by Mermaid Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 9:16

I no longer have in'laws or out'laws as some people call them as they have now passed on.
    They would also have done anything for us and did quite often.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 10:07

Mermaid's mum is still going strong at 86. I like her, we've visited her a few times in Burnham on Sea in Somerset.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 10:11

My in laws What are your in-laws like? 16779677 Put it this way, they didnt deserve 3 daughters like they had, How they dare preach to anyone after what has surfaced since they departed this planet, Well its beyond me,
    I never say anything because they are still Janets parents, So to answer the question, Pair of shits,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 12 Nov 2011 - 10:11

Father in law lives with us coz he had a stroke and subsequently got dementia and now Bladder cancer. He is a bit of hard work, but harmless. Mother in law is an old battleaxe, I tolerate her, she is 80 and still a bloody bully.
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 20:20

been living with mother in law and OH's stepdad (although OH would say they have lived with us) for last 2 and a half years and we get on ok but can't wait to move on friday!

his dad is a nice guy but don't see him very often
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 16:55

We were going to see Mother in Law in 2 weeks time but she has got all stroppy because I said I had to come in my days off and she wanted me to come at the weekend. What does it matter to 2 bloody pensioners who do nowt different day to day but to me it means using holiday, cobblers.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 16:57

You may interupt their routine, perhaps it will be washing day on your day off What are your in-laws like? 2419626307
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 17:47

Blox to them Kev, Why bother, Unless its Jan that wants to go, Then your fecked,
    We used to visit mine in Bridlington 60 miles away, After an hour they use to start fidgiting, So we use to bog off into town, Cheeky bleeders, Then when they wanted anything we tear over pronto, I'm glad there stiff to be honest,
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 17:55

in laws into their 80's . Father in law is hard work, stubborn as a mule. Mum in law is a dote. not as mobile now, but still insists on making a cup of tea and scones for me.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 21:06

Underdog wrote:Blox to them Kev, Why bother, Unless its Jan that wants to go, Then your fecked,
    We used to visit mine in Bridlington 60 miles away, After an hour they use to start fidgiting, So we use to bog off into town, Cheeky bleeders, Then when they wanted anything we tear over pronto, I'm glad there stiff to be honest,
    No Reg Jan is the one standing her ground this time, I wanted to come up to see you and Janet.
    Same old routine each time I drive to her house of a morning and we must be there by 9.00 am. We have a cuppa then we go to a local town, where she goes to Poundland, Aldi and Edinburgh woolen shop. We then have luch which she always moans about. We then drive back to her village wher she goes and buys stale white rolls and cheap ham. We go back and she makes about 30 ham rolls and wants me to eat the bloody lot. They then talk about bleeding knitting, her step dad is blind and deaf so no good talking to him, he is OK though. She then says around 6pm time you went now as I have to ring my sister (yeah to feckin moan about us), BE HERE AT 9AM IN THE MORNING AND WE WILL DRIVE TO ANOTHER TOWN. Yeah to do exactly the same apart from Aldi will be substituted for LIDL. Blox
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 21:20

Nice folks long gone.........Patsy is just like her Mum.........gormless
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 22:12

Topdog wrote:
    No Reg Jan is the one standing her ground this time, I wanted to come up to see you and Janet.
    Same old routine each time I drive to her house of a morning and we must be there by 9.00 am. We have a cuppa then we go to a local town, where she goes to Poundland, Aldi and Edinburgh woolen shop. We then have luch which she always moans about. We then drive back to her village wher she goes and buys stale white rolls and cheap ham. We go back and she makes about 30 ham rolls and wants me to eat the bloody lot. They then talk about bleeding knitting, her step dad is blind and deaf so no good talking to him, he is OK though. She then says around 6pm time you went now as I have to ring my sister (yeah to feckin moan about us), BE HERE AT 9AM IN THE MORNING AND WE WILL DRIVE TO ANOTHER TOWN. Yeah to do exactly the same apart from Aldi will be substituted for LIDL. Blox

Just because their your parents, You dont have to get on with them, Or even like them, I have no time for people like that, Do unto others, I dont lose sleep over twats, their loss not mine, No need for it,
    I like to jolly myself up and surround myself with the likes, Nock about with misrable types you end up one, Feck em
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 20 Nov 2011 - 22:18

Totally agree I only go for Jan's sake but looks like she says feck em too.
    She was horrid to her as kid anyway, bullying bitch.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 19:11

First time I saw Patsys Dad he was laying on the kitchen floor, her Mums saying dont let him see, too late, hehe. Patrick did like a drink, Dubliner.
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 19:24

First time I saw my FIL was with blood running down his face claiming he had been shot the truth was he had fell of his bike after one too many at Saturday lunch time. Rest his soul. :Drink:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 22:26