Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+7
Daryn
innit
zdeekie
Gypsy
Mcqueen
searcher
Perfectspecimen
11 posters

Scottish Independence

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Scottish Independence - Page 14 Empty Re: Scottish Independence

Post by Adam Mint Sat 27 Mar 2021 - 22:50

Adam Mint wrote:Also the 16 year old vote thing was that only for the independence referendum vote, or for all votes in Scotland,,, and what age to vote in UK general election ?

I've googled that as well, 16 year old thing only works Scottish elections...
    angusjim
    angusjim

UK Male Posts : 877

Post by angusjim Sun 28 Mar 2021 - 7:45

I have made the same offer to my children as last time  if any of them want to emigrate in the event that Scotland vote yes to Indy I will fully fund their move and all expenses for the first year away, lot of money but would be money well spent I think.
     Interesting that the polls that the SNP had been setting so much store by are now a lot closer now and also now seem to show that the SNP would have to guarantee that we would have to get back into the EU right away even the liars in the SNP know that's not happening
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 28 Mar 2021 - 8:50

Minty, The D'Hondt system or Additional Member System or 2 vote system or whatever you want to call it, is used in Scotland for Parliamentary elections to the Scottish Parliament. Anyone living in Scotland legally and 16 years old can vote in all the Scottish elections. This was the syatem that we were given when the Scottish Parliament was opened in 1999. It's purpose is to stop a single party gaining a majority.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 22:54