Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
cunningham
Cruella de Vil
scottishshiv
7 posters

Desperately needed, camping stove

scottishshiv
    scottishshiv

England Posts : 123

Desperately needed, camping stove Empty Desperately needed, camping stove

Post by scottishshiv Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 2:31

Im not sure how many members live in Tenerife and i couldnt find a thread for WANTED, so forgive me but i have posted it here. Has anyone got a camping stove they could sell. The volunteers that live at the Live Arico refuge have no cooking facilities, its coming into the cold weather and they are living on cheese sandwiches. As much as I like cheese sarnies, i wouldnt want to eat them every day. Please PM me if you have something suitable you could sell us, so they could at least get a hot meal, thank you x
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Desperately needed, camping stove Empty Re: Desperately needed, camping stove

Post by Cruella de Vil Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 8:21

Do you want something like a two plate gas thingy? If so they have quite a good selection in Afortunada in Las Chafiras. We bought a single camping one there for under €20 in case of power cuts. Otherwise you could look on Tenebay. Hope this helps Desperately needed, camping stove 2908439648
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 9:41

scottishshiv wrote:Im not sure how many members live in Tenerife and i couldnt find a thread for WANTED, so forgive me but i have posted it here. Has anyone got a camping stove they could sell. The volunteers that live at the Live Arico refuge have no cooking facilities, its coming into the cold weather and they are living on cheese sandwiches. As much as I like cheese sarnies, i wouldnt want to eat them every day. Please PM me if you have something suitable you could sell us, so they could at least get a hot meal, thank you x
    what is the problem with the electrics in the charity shop? the power has been off for weeks now.
    scottishshiv
    scottishshiv

Post by scottishshiv Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 10:44

cunningham wrote:
    scottishshiv wrote:Im not sure how many members live in Tenerife and i couldnt find a thread for WANTED, so forgive me but i have posted it here. Has anyone got a camping stove they could sell. The volunteers that live at the Live Arico refuge have no cooking facilities, its coming into the cold weather and they are living on cheese sandwiches. As much as I like cheese sarnies, i wouldnt want to eat them every day. Please PM me if you have something suitable you could sell us, so they could at least get a hot meal, thank you x
    what is the problem with the electrics in the charity shop? the power has been off for weeks now.

Which shop, the San Eugenio shop has never had lecky...its all about saving pennies haha, we dont need it, its a small shop.
    The Los Cris shop is a pain in the bum....The electric company, wont put the electricity back on until the landlord upgrades the electrics, and said landlord has not done it yet. They need it because its so dark in there...but this is Tenerife, mabey in 2013 x
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 10:51

scottishshiv wrote:
    Which shop, the San Eugenio shop has never had lecky...its all about saving pennies haha, we dont need it, its a small shop.
    The Los Cris shop is a pain in the bum....The electric company, wont put the electricity back on until the landlord upgrades the electrics, and said landlord has not done it yet. They need it because its so dark in there...but this is Tenerife, mabey in 2013 x
    yep i was refering to the los cris shop,my wife is a regular visitor there and she says its like the black hole of calcutta.could you not scrounge a generator,like the market traders use?or look out for one at the right money?do you pay a rent?who is the landlord rixby?Desperately needed, camping stove 3025408739
    scottishshiv
    scottishshiv

Post by scottishshiv Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 10:58

Yeh the ladies there hate it, its so dark, i did suggest wearing a miners helmet with a light but i just got the evil eye haha. they keep getting told manana, manana so i suppose thats why they havent made efforts to get alternative lights.yes they pay rent but...its tenerife
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 11:53

A camping stove is not the sort of thing I have, but what about a BBQ, you could get a charcoal one cheaply and at least they could have some hot food.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 16:59

Gypsy wrote:A camping stove is not the sort of thing I have, but what about a BBQ, you could get a charcoal one cheaply and at least they could have some hot food.
    any more bright ideas mumDesperately needed, camping stove 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 17:07

BBQ on the street, er they may get away with it at Fiesta time,..........
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 17:30

cunningham wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:A camping stove is not the sort of thing I have, but what about a BBQ, you could get a charcoal one cheaply and at least they could have some hot food.
    any more bright ideas mumDesperately needed, camping stove 1498946960

Perfectspecimen wrote:BBQ on the street, er they may get away with it at Fiesta time,..........

Are you two related??? Desperately needed, camping stove 506932706 Live Arico has land up above the TFS airport so they are not 'on the streets'. They could have a bonfire if they wanted but thats a bit dangerous with all the animals around, I am sure they have a shelter of some sort - if not then the dogs are doing better than the helpers because the last I heard they were building like crazy to make sure the dogs were getting the best they could offer.

So ........ a BBQ is feasible and better than cheese sandwiches all the time. They could have a Desperately needed, camping stove 277101_280344345310221_1951381555_n
    or maybe a Desperately needed, camping stove 111_mustard

Shiv - I have some stuff for the shop, is it best to now leave it until after Xmas and NY??
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 17:56

Chillies, hot food that.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 18:30

Gypsy wrote:
    Are you two related??? Desperately needed, camping stove 506932706 Live Arico has land up above the TFS airport so they are not 'on the streets'. They could have a bonfire if they wanted but thats a bit dangerous with all the animals around, I am sure they have a shelter of some sort - if not then the dogs are doing better than the helpers because the last I heard they were building like crazy to make sure the dogs were getting the best they could offer.

So ........ a BBQ is feasible and better than cheese sandwiches all the time. They could have a Desperately needed, camping stove 277101_280344345310221_1951381555_n
    or maybe a Desperately needed, camping stove 111_mustard

Shiv - I have some stuff for the shop, is it best to now leave it until after Xmas and NY??
    of course we are related mum, its the BOOZE brothers innit, Desperately needed, camping stove 3077217049 Desperately needed, camping stove 3077217049 Desperately needed, camping stove 3077217049 Desperately needed, camping stove 3077217049 .Desperately needed, camping stove 1199265026
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 18:49

Yep, talking of booze just 17 hours to go..........Desperately needed, camping stove 2908439648
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:01

Perfectspecimen wrote:Yep, talking of booze just 17 hours to go..........Desperately needed, camping stove 2908439648
    good day yesterday vince, watched all three matches in the club,Desperately needed, camping stove 2084528412
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:08

Remember much?
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:34

Perfectspecimen wrote:Remember much?
    Desperately needed, camping stove 3979496955
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:53

Thanks Siobhan, I've started a "Wanted in Tenerife" topic and a "For Sale" topic and moved your thread. Desperately needed, camping stove 294053457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 16:13