Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+8
Mermaid
Adam Mint
cunningham
Perfectspecimen
Mcqueen
3rdforum
Topdog
innit
12 posters

Logging in as hidden

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 Empty Re: Logging in as hidden

Post by Adam Mint Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:13

Topdog wrote:
    I might start a thread about Lurking outside estate agents offices, now that should get some coverage. Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739 Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739
    Thanks Vince but it is not well done to me mate. Reg prompted me then Gypsy and Cam along with a Mermaid swimming in to do the leg work for us and without all you good people we would be down the pan.
    I truefully believe we now have the best Admin team of the 3 main forums, perhaps none of us are computer geniuses (well Cam gets by Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739 ), but we pull together and any issues we seek advice.
    Nice to see Howard back, yes H you were 3rd, after lurking for a while Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739
    Now you can see with our new google status the importance of these bots and Lurkers.
    Lets keep going peeps Tomorrow the World, they are all doomed, as quoted by Sir Reg McQueen.

On first joining this forum I could not but note it’s interest in Lurkers, there were couple of Lurker threads running, plus the digs in the ribs I got in a few posts over my “Lurker” status, but if anyone had read my intro, I was up front as to my forum interests.

I took the pokes in the ribs as per the title of the forum “The Tenerife Forum of Fun” and by Jimandsi’s motto “If you can’t take a joke - you shouldn’t have joined”.

I did however look in to the “Lurker” issue, I took a couple snapshot views of the statistics of the three Tenerife forums, total number of members, members viewing, guests viewing, members actively posting etc. Given my degree in Lurking I knew statistics showed most forums were made up of, 1% active posters, 9% occasional posters, 90% lurkers, these statistics have previously been stated on this forum (not by myself).

Given the info I gained from my research, one forum clearly came out on top for:-

a.. The lowest number of guests (lurkers) viewing (proportion to total membership).

b.. The highest number of members viewing (proportion to total membership).

c.. The highest number of viewing members actually posting within the previous hour, (in one of the snapshots this was not even proportional to members viewing at the time, just straight forward more actively posting).

The forum in question “This One”.

I could not be bothered collating my number crunching crap and posting it, but thought what the f##k are you lot complaining about...

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 2761542443

On a more serious point, should Jimandsi’s “If you can’t take a joke - you shouldn’t have joined” become the official motto for the forum, and possibly the first song I posted on the forum its anthem ...

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 2908439648
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:20

Jimandsi wrote:
    I prefer to stay hidden due to all the stalking Estate Agents who seem to follow me around.

As for the lazy lurkers who refuse to contribute, well, not many at present, so well done TD.

This forum takes a bit getting in to, the way threads go off topic and turn in to a rant about something completely irrelevant to the original subject can be confusing (not complaining, I do it), just saying for a newcomer it can be hard to follow if you are unfamiliar with the traits of those posting.

As I said in my intro, I felt I knew you lot by your posts elsewhere, but on joining this forum I will admit I was lost for a bit of time until I got a grip of it, some posts still go well over my head.

What I’m basically saying is, give the lurkers a chance, I don’t know if TD actually got rid of lurking members or just totally inactive ones. (Head office is investigating past data)

Who would you have a go at if all lurkers were banned, (stupid me, estate agents)...

Hang on in their lurkers, you have rights...

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 2761542443

PS: I have a personal interest in this as I am in negotiations for a full time paid position at head office, so please keep sticking the knife in, plus give it a twist every now and again...

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1554180325

<p>
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:32

Hang on a moment in line with the forum's employment procurers all these paid jobs must be advertised not handed out and a rigorous selection criteria adhered too. 🤣
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:39

Think we have enough chiefs already, hows about some Indians.
    tonto
    tonto

England Posts : 26

Post by tonto Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:44

Perfectspecimen wrote:Think we have enough chiefs already, hows about some Indians.

Somebody call?...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:48

I was waiting for comments from Reg really if you get my drift.........Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739 I have been called a cowboy in the past though Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1554180325
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:05

innit wrote:
    Hang on a moment in line with the forum's employment procurers all these paid jobs must be advertised not handed out and a rigorous selection criteria adhered too. Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3077217049

Lurkers union head office !

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1498946960 Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1498946960 Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1498946960

PS: Also it would be against policy to advertised.

<p>
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:09

Do we think we would have more posters if we stuck to the on topic rule,?, Who went on others to stay on topic, Would it be fun still if we stayed on topic ?, I dont know, Do i miss elsewhere ?, Not one bit, Do i come on here for information and education, Not one bit,
    But i'm a bit odd, I know most of you are seeking stimulation of some sort, Information etc, Football - Logging in as hidden - Page 2 111348722 Even, Not me, But i will go with the flow, What ever, Think we had a pole on it, But that died a death, I never looked at numbers of lurkers, Or whatever, Not bothered, I peek elsewhere, Thats dead in the water, Less and less each time, Unless you count games, So ? I dont know, If it aint broke dont try to fix it,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:18

Firstly great number crunching AM. Yes they were just totally inactive members, if they lurk they do not do it by logging in.
    Going off topic, I sort of took a subject off topic last night, Fish and chips, it started OK because i was about buying things but ended in chaos. We have a very easy going but good pair of female cleaners on here (sorry GYPSY and MERMAID), they go rund doing a great job of leaving things if not too far off or subject matter is exhausted but if a lot is still to be said, they do what they did yesterday, start a new thread. Brilliant really.
    This is a forum of fun and a lot of nonsense but there is also an awful lot of great info available in one form or another. We do have the great option of anyone needing to know anything, just asking, look at "places to take kids"
    Me as a co owner, I just do as Gypsy, Mermaid and Cam tell me.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:21

Just checked elsewhere Reg, nowt. A normal conversation will often go off topic. Now that Tracy in Coronation Street, yes, I would.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:25

Not sure if my posts have been taken out of context, I'm late for pub, will review on return !

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1460810463
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:32

Ive booked Goodwood this year, Missed the last 2, Blady kids etc, Sod it, I'm going,
    Vince, You would have done Betty too. But its too late now, Well maybe not,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:37

Right I'm going for a bath to warm my feet up, I will try not to think of Betty, talk tomorrow.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 23:31

Beer and dinner after then Reg.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 5:32

Adam Mint wrote:Not sure if my posts have been taken out of context, I'm late for pub, will review on return !

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1460810463

OK, was getting ready to go out last night when posting / reading posts, after deliberating what has been said since, still not sure, (thought with a drink in me things would be clearer)...

Of the two posts I made, I would say 80 to 90 percent was being serious as to "innit’s" topic, the rest, well, “The Tenerife Forum of Fun”....

From the first few words of TD’s reply I hope the gist of where I was coming from was accepted, and M’Q, I did put a bit in (brackets) about going off topic.

( Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3979496955 )
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 5:36

Betty!!! I done a bit voluntary work with the Necrophilia Society, and if......................

Logging in as hidden - Page 2 1498946960
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 13:00

Topdog wrote:Firstly great number crunching AM. Yes they were just totally inactive members, if they lurk they do not do it by logging in.
    Going off topic, I sort of took a subject off topic last night, Fish and chips, it started OK because i was about buying things but ended in chaos. We have a very easy going but good pair of female cleaners on here (sorry GYPSY and MERMAID), they go rund doing a great job of leaving things if not too far off or subject matter is exhausted but if a lot is still to be said, they do what they did yesterday, start a new thread. Brilliant really.
    This is a forum of fun and a lot of nonsense but there is also an awful lot of great info available in one form or another. We do have the great option of anyone needing to know anything, just asking, look at "places to take kids"
    Me as a co owner, I just do as Gypsy, Mermaid and Cam tell me.

Hey, going off topic and asking for information - that's for me. Logging in as hidden - Page 2 294053457

So .....

What's the first thing you do in the morning ?

Me - I either scratch my balls or fart. Logging in as hidden - Page 2 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 13:15

AFTERNOON Jim, First thing I do is shout at the alarm clock, then scratch the dogs balls (well half asleep) too worried to fart half asleep.
    AM you posted OK don't threat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 2 Jun 2024 - 1:25