Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+6
Mermaid
Gypsy
Cruella de Vil
cunningham
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
10 posters

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Empty TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:45

As per the title really. If you aren't going abroad, where would you suggest to fellow members as a good day out to visit in the UK.
    Me and Mermaid went to the Falkirk Wheel a few weeks ago, where they have the World's largest rotating boat lift to carry barges/boats from the Union Canal to the Forth and Clyde Canal. Excellent few hours spent in the sunshine.

Falkirk Wheel Link.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:38; edited 1 time in total
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Empty Re: TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:32

Wells-next-the-sea on the north Norfolk coast. This is where I moor my boats but havn't got one there this year, so I'm missing the swallows swooping over the water and watching the Sea Bass swimming by, ignoring my bait haha. Timothy Spall was there last month filming an episode of his 'All at Sea' adventure where he's sailing round the uk in an old converted barge called Matilda. He makes me look a competent sailer lol! but at least his wifes up for it. Some lovely walks all along the coast there too if thats what floats yours.

Heres a little linky.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Empty Re: TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:37

Perfectspecimen wrote:Wells-next-the-sea on the north Norfolk coast. This is where I moor my boats but havn't got one there this year, so I'm missing the swallows swooping over the water and watching the Sea Bass swimming by, ignoring my bait haha. Timothy Spall was there last month filming an episode of his 'All at Sea' adventure where he's sailing round the uk in an old converted barge called Matilda. He makes me look a competent sailer lol! but at least his wifes up for it. Some lovely walks all along the coast there too if thats what floats yours.

Heres a little linky.

Great stuff Vince! That's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for on this thread. And the link is icing on the cake! Thanks mate. TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3318427985
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:37

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3711883763
    Perfectspecimen wrote:Wells-next-the-sea on the north Norfolk coast. This is where I moor my boats but havn't got one there this year, so I'm missing the swallows swooping over the water and watching the Sea Bass swimming by, ignoring my bait haha. Timothy Spall was there last month filming an episode of his 'All at Sea' adventure where he's sailing round the uk in an old converted barge called Matilda. He makes me look a competent sailer lol! but at least his wifes up for it. Some lovely walks all along the coast there too if thats what floats yours.

Heres a little linky.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:48

The Lone Ranger wrote:

Great stuff Vince! That's exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for on this thread. And the link is icing on the cake! Thanks mate. TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3318427985

Cheers Cam, most welcome. And my Paypal account is..............
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 16:59

Vince you are get so good at all this TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 2908439648
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Empty York City

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:01

Me and Mermaid went to York earlier on this year for a 3 day B&B break. We had an absolutely brilliant time (though it was a bit cold in March!). The "Shambles" was great, it looks like a film set for a medieval theme. Walked round the walls, went to The National Railway Museum, York Castle and Prison and not to be missed was the Minster! Awe inspiring! Stand under the central tower and look up and be amazed at how this place could be built with the technology they had then.
    It was too cold to do the river trips but it looks beautiful and I'll go again in a warmer month!

York City Link.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:15

Hawkstone Park and Follies - a fantasyland of cliffs, crags, caves, deep woods and a series of extraordinary monuments built more than 200 years ago. After years of neglect, the magical landscape was lovingly restored and reopened in 1993.(Not my words) but there is also a maze and a grotto. It is fabulous. There is a lot of scrambling around you can do and if you complete the whole course you can get a certificate. Our dog got one :Big Smile:

HAWKSTONE Some nice photos here.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Empty The Minack Theatre,Cornwall

Post by Mermaid Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:41

We went to this place in 2009. It was a sunny day and there was a puppet show on. I have never laughed so much and was joining the youngsters shouting their responses. It is an amazing place and a definite place to visit if in Cornwall.
    On the website there is a web-cam link.

Minack
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:55

I saw a Punch and Judy show a couple of years ago on a beach somewhere. Sausages, crocodile, policeman and Mr Punch beating his wife with a stick while holding the baby.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 427302201 Kids didn't seem that impressed but I was rolling up, TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 must have thought I was some kinda nutter.
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:57

Heres a little linky.

Have some great memories of the Crown Inn on the green and time spent cockling on the sands
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 17:58

Perfectspecimen wrote:I saw a Punch and Judy show a couple of years ago on a beach somewhere. Sausages, crocodile, policeman and Mr Punch beating his wife with a stick while holding the baby.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 427302201 Kids didn't seem that impressed but I was rolling up, TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 must have thought I was some kinda nutter.
    thats the way to do it.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 506932706
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:47

Mermaid wrote:We went to this place in 2009. It was a sunny day and there was a puppet show on. I have never laughed so much and was joining the youngsters shouting their responses. It is a amazing place and a definite place to visit if in Cornwall.On the website there is a web-cam link.

Minack

Here are some piccies I took while there...

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Min110

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Min210

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Min310

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. Min410
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:51

Sunny too LR, very nice. TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 997289320
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:58

Might I suggest that as you can get a return flight with Ryanair to Ireland from the UK for less than 20 quid return, we might also include attractions in Ireland to go and see?
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:03

3rdforum wrote:Might I suggest that as you can get a return flight with Ryanair to Ireland from the UK for less than 20 quid return, we might also include attractions in Ireland to go and see?

. I have been to the west coast will look out some info.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:11

No need, I actually live there. Will post a few places as soon as I can post vids and photos.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:17

3rdforum wrote:No need, I actually live there. Will post a few places as soon as I can post vids and photos.

I know you live there TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 4248600970 I will leave it for you then TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 1554180325
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:20

How many €s a pint now then.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:22

Mermaid wrote:

I know you live there TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 4248600970 I will leave it for you then TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 1554180325

I'm going to have to work out how you know I live here! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 1510611536
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:25

Perfectspecimen wrote:How many €s a pint now then.

Depends where, pints are much dearer in Dublin than the rest of the country. You would be looking at 4.80 to 5.00 euro a pint ( Carlsberg, Heinekin etc) in Dublin and about 3.60 to 3.90 most other places (about 3.15 to 3.25 sterling)
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:36

Thought so, thats why I just paid £92 for Tenerife trip. €1.50 a pint and sunny too. Sorry, no contest.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 120275
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:37

Went to the West coast of Ireland about 5 years ago. Flew from Prestwick to Shannon, bought a cup of coffee in the plane and we were landing before I had finished it! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 Stayed in B&B the first night in Bunratty and went to "Durty Nellie's Pub" and then the castle and folk museum. It was great! (Wasn't too impressed with Durty Nellie's though). We drove round the Ring of Kerry and went to Dingle (An Dingean) to see "Fungi" the dolphin. Went to the Cliffs of Moher, couldn't see them for mist and rain! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 Went to "The Burren" and Aillwee cave, got soaked in there too with the water dripping through the limestone but it was great! Went to Cong (Quiet Man country) and the "Rising of the Waters". Lisdoonvarna and the "Matchmaker's" festival.
    We actually hired a cottage for the week near Scariff on Lough Dearg in County Clare, I had to get the landlady to show me how to light the "turf" fire...the shame!
    Overall, I would say Ireland is fantastic...except it's like Scotland and pisses down all the time!TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 1
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:45

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 Well that's after covering all the places I was going to mention! Not much point in me adding any contribution to the rest of this thread!! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 3025408739
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 19:47

Perfectspecimen wrote:Thought so, thats why I just paid £92 for Tenerife trip. €1.50 a pint and sunny too. Sorry, no contest.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. 120275

Yep, now you know why I holiday in Tenerife!!! :Drink:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 19:59