Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+6
Mermaid
Gypsy
Cruella de Vil
cunningham
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
10 posters

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 Empty Re: TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:03

3rdforum wrote:TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 Well that's after covering all the places I was going to mention! Not much point in me adding any contribution to the rest of this thread!! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739
    I've lost all my photos though 3rdforum, so once you can upload...fill your boots! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 Empty Re: TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK.

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:22

You forgot about the Giants Causeway!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:28

Perfectspecimen wrote:You forgot about the Giants Causeway!

We've got the other end of the "Giant's Causeway" in Fingal's Cave on the Island of Staffa!

Fingal's Cave
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:39

Only been to Scotland once, place called Dunfermline, wet and cold. Edinburgh Festival sounds good.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:42

Perfectspecimen wrote:Only been to Scotland once, place called Dunfermline, wet and cold. Edinbrough Festival sounds good.

Haha! You forgot "nothing to do"! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739

PS EdinBURGH! (They're touchy about that over there) TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 2501716212
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 20:54

Yep, it looked wrong!
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 21:51

I've been to Edinburgh several times ( mostly for rugby) and I've got to say that it is one of the world's great cities. It has everything, history to museums,great pubs, wonderful shops (if you're into that) and to top it all off, the friendliest people on earth ( Irish excepted of course!). Tbh, this is typical of most Scottish people. Must be their Irish ancestry!! :bigsmile:
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:01

3rdforum wrote:I've been to Edinburgh several times ( mostly for rugby) and I've got to say that it is one of the world's great cities. It has everything, history to museums,great pubs, wonderful shops (if you're into that) and to top it all off, the friendliest people on earth ( Irish excepted of course!). Tbh, this is typical of most Scottish people. Must be their Irish ancestry!! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 1510611536

You forgot a sodding great castle in the sky above you as well! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739

If it weren't for the Scoti tribe... TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 13:18

Great Thread this..... Apart from Gatwick Departure lounge being a very nice place there are so many.
    To 3F, you keep plugging your homeland mate, nice place.
    One of my great local ones is Cuckmere through to Beachy head.

Cuckmere Valley.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:19

Might rain a lot in Scotland but if you get a Crisp winters day in some areas it is stunning. The Ed Fest is also great and not been for years but the grassmarket and up around there and Rose street used to be great.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:22

Topdog wrote:Might rain a lot in Scotland but if you get a Crisp winters day in some areas it is stunning. The Ed Fest is also great and not been for years but the grassmarket and up around there and Rose street used to be great.

Rose Street is great for bars! There's loads of them down there, all waiting to take your money! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3430903765
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:21

Belfast is well worth a trip, you wouldn't even have to change your money! The Titanic quarter is good ( you can go up to the top of "Goliath" the crane in the Harland and Wolfe shipyard). Plenty of pubs ( a lot of them have live music with excellent bands and cover acts )shops. If you go, a tour/trip down the Falls road and the Shankill road is a must. It is a complete eye opener. We drove down the Shankill last time in 2 southern reg cars. Nothing happened but I kept my foot hovering above the accelerator all the same!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:24

3rdforum wrote:Belfast is well worth a trip, you wouldn't even have to change your money! The Titanic quarter is good ( you can go up to the top of "Goliath" the crane in the Harland and Wolfe shipyard). Plenty of pubs ( a lot of them have live music with excellent bands and cover acts )shops. If you go, a tour/trip down the Falls road and the Shankill road is a must. It is a complete eye opener. We drove down the Shankill last time in 2 southern reg cars. Nothing happened but I kept my foot hovering above the accelerator all the same!

Mmmm.....been down there in my squaddie uniform in the 70s. Eye-opener right enough. TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:28

3rdforum wrote:Belfast is well worth a trip, you wouldn't even have to change your money! The Titanic quarter is good ( you can go up to the top of "Goliath" the crane in the Harland and Wolfe shipyard). Plenty of pubs ( a lot of them have live music with excellent bands and cover acts )shops. If you go, a tour/trip down the Falls road and the Shankill road is a must. It is a complete eye opener. We drove down the Shankill last time in 2 southern reg cars. Nothing happened but I kept my foot hovering above the accelerator all the same!
    Wouldn't want to go in a cocktail bar there though and ask for a molotov. :Big Smile:
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:34

Well you could but they might actually give you one :Not me Guv:
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 22:18

Another suggestion would be Brighton. I lived there for a while many years ago. There's loads to see and do from the "palace" in the centre of town to quirky lanes and cafes, not forgetting the beachfront.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:42

Scottish beaches I've been to this summer.

Blacksands beach-Aberdour, Fife.

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 AberdourBlacksands

Silversands beach-Aberdour, Fife.

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 SilverSands

Blackwaterfoot beach-Isle of Arran.

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 WildandEmpty

Mermaid on Shiskine beach-Isle of Arran.

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 PeachyBeachAlone

Blackwaterfoot beach again...

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 BeachHola

Limekins beach-Fife.

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 Beach2
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:49

Not much swimming going on there LR.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 1288754030
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:55

Perfectspecimen wrote:Not much swimming going on there LR.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 1288754030

too bloody cold to swim TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 973229389
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 20:56

Perfectspecimen wrote:Not much swimming going on there LR.TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 1288754030

Well, as Billy Connolly says..."the North Sea is the Arctic ocean on holiday!"... TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 7 Sep 2011 - 21:19

Nice photos but they have been digitally enhanced ...... that Mermaid is wearing trainers !!! :What?:
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 14:32

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 Image011

Giants Causeway
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 14:37

Carrickarede rope bridge ( a few miles away from the Giant's Causeway )

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 Image012
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:16

i could not stand on that bridge. TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3707059870
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Sep 2011 - 19:19

TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739 The guy holding both sides is my business partner. It took a lot of coaxing to get him to do it! TFoF Members suggestions of where to visit in the UK. - Page 2 3025408739

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 22:10