Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+7
cunningham
Mermaid
Gypsy
Campbell Brodie
Topdog
Mcqueen
3rdforum
11 posters

Lurkers

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Lurkers Empty Lurkers

Post by 3rdforum Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:04

Just thinking about what Jimbo posted regarding the amount of people who don't post (>40 with 10 posts or less, many who don't post at all). I don't understand the reasoning behind the thought that they are all nosey. Surely, you could read the posts as a guest and not bother joining at all if you just wanted to know what's going on here?? Gypsy is right when she says that "more threads = more members". I for one, am always going off topic and this I feel, isn't encouraging for new members to post. Is there any way where us "ordinary" members can move the part of a thread where I start waffling into the "off-topic" area? Also, I think we need more "factual" threads. I'm going to try to add at least 2 per week from now on.
    P.S. Apologies to all if I have spoken out of turn.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Lurkers Empty Re: Lurkers

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:34

Well, On the others, We was just getting into full flow, When it then vanished, What is the most popular thread elswhere, Dungeon ?, Off topic ?, I wonder why this place is popular ?, We rabbit on about anything, And everything, I'm not saying thats the way to go, Its our forum, Lets try anything to make it differant or better, I mean that other place thats stiff as a board, No thanks, Slightest deviation, And ten peole jump on you, how long has that place been going ?,
    Bugger that for me, Anyway , Like i say, I dont know, but it is nice to vear off, And talk nonsense for a bit, Ive had an hair cut, Really what style, Who said anything about style, Ive had an hair cut too, Really, How much was yours, 7s-6d, Wow posh, ? End of thread,
    I may be wrong on this, And dont mind being told so, But i remember elsewhere use to wind me up big time, Port royale dogs, On topic yes, Intresting NO, Ilegal lets, 500 pages of the same conversatiom, From the same people, That didnt post about anything else, I go to bed laughing at the shite on hear, But like i say, Lets try anything, Were in it together
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:52

Very good posts from both and Reg you are so right, many times I chuckle out loud and Mrs T says "what you laff at".
    3F we do need more topical stuff and by all means do as many as you wish.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 19:22

By "factual" I meant stuff to do with Tenerife like more reviews of places not Port Royale dogs Lurkers 3025408739 . I know Queenie does a lot of this anyway. I didn't mean that we should lose the banter etc but on the "Kindle" thread last night, Gypsy pointed out that we went from Kindle to Dynamo's to key cutting. We were actually giving proper answers to the questions but as Gypsy said, it would have been better to have started 3 different threads. Newcomers need to be able to find their way about and its not easy here at times. I probably didn't put it very well in the original post. I don't mind a thread descending into shite but if we start going on about a new subject, maybe another thread would be better.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 19:23

Btw, I didn't realise there were dogs in Port Royale only good looking people??
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 19:23

Topdog wrote:Very good posts from both and Reg you are so right, many times I chuckle out loud and Mrs T says "what you laff at".
    3F we do need more topical stuff and by all means do as many as you wish.

Agreed. 3rdForum add as many topics as you like. If you think we need new categories to accommodate them, give me a shout and I'll add new categories. Reg, I love the way posts go off on a tangent, it's like a normal conversation...ebb and flow innit.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 20:42

I can't stand the way they go off tangent it interferes with what we are trying to say.
    Amazing the amount of people that turned up for Jimmy Savilles funeral today.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 20:57

Topdog wrote:I can't stand the way they go off tangent it interferes with what we are trying to say.
    Amazing the amount of people that turned up for Jimmy Savilles funeral today.

Lurkers 3025408739 Lurkers 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:53

I'l try anything once, Except what go's on in them mens prisons Lurkers 1003453391 Lurkers 3707059870 Bugger that.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:56

Underdog wrote:I'l try anything once, Except what go's on in them mens prisons Lurkers 1003453391 Lurkers 3707059870 Bugger that.
    Don't fancy, a joint then.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:57

I like what you did ther ............ "BUGGER that"! Lurkers 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 22:12

Topdog wrote:
    Don't fancy, a joint then.
    Make me ill them things, And green, Lurkers 878948377
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 22:39

SO JUST BUMMING AROUND
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 7:22

Needless to say I'm with 3rdF on this. I asked a member why they hadn't posted and their comment, every topic goes OT within 5 posts and they lose the plot!!. Says it all really.

I am happy to start moving stuff to new threads or OT thread and adding a message saying it is moved for the lazy buggers who can't be bothered to look for it, I am sure M would do the same but I am not prepared to take sarcastic crap for doing it. The forum either stays as it is with few members or it gets a bit more organised and we can see if it attracts more people. If after say a months trial nothing improves then back to the status quo.

I will start moving stuff next week unless I hear to the contrary.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 7:40

You have my agreement Gypsy. I am not too good on moving stuff. When you get back we will have a talk
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 14:40

3rdforum wrote:Just thinking about what Jimbo posted regarding the amount of people who don't post (>40 with 10 posts or less, many who don't post at all). I don't understand the reasoning behind the thought that they are all nosey. Surely, you could read the posts as a guest and not bother joining at all if you just wanted to know what's going on here?? Gypsy is right when she says that "more threads = more members". I for one, am always going off topic and this I feel, isn't encouraging for new members to post. Is there any way where us "ordinary" members can move the part of a thread where I start waffling into the "off-topic" area? Also, I think we need more "factual" threads. I'm going to try to add at least 2 per week from now on.
    P.S. Apologies to all if I have spoken out of turn.
    what really annoys me about all these lurkers ,is the fact that they sign up we give them all a warm welcome, the very least they could do is acknowledge the welcome, downright pig ignorant in my book.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 15:14

Some input from me .....

Having started several threads on here where I had hoped we could get a bit of a debate going, albeit with the usual banter, I must admit that I was disappointed to see them go totally off-topic within the first half a dozen posts.

As this forum grows in both members and posts, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with any topic, whether sensible or not. I seem to be spending far too much of my time at present looking for topics, rather than posting in them. I dread to think how difficult it will be when TFoF is twice the size regarding members/posts.

Lastly, going back to the OP's question "Surely, you could read the posts as a guest and not bother joining at all if you just wanted to know what's going on here??".

Could it be that some of our members who prefer not post, may also want to keep an eye on our warnings bars for example. Just a thought - there's some strange buggers on tinternet !
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 15:41

Jimbo you are quite right. It is hard to follow a thread when it goes totally off topic. Also you are right in that you can read the posts without registering. When people do this and it shows many guests are looking in they are been called lurkers as well as the ones that don't post.

Admin are taking it on board the comments the members make. Rome was not built in a day
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 16:36

Can we have a poll as to what the members want, ideally multi-choice.

If posts stayed on topic (within reason) would you post more.
    Are you 100% happy that posts are allowed to go off topic
    If not and posts are moved should a note be made as to where the posts have gone e.g. OT or new thread.
    If posts continue to go off topic will you continue to use the forum, or use it less.

You can probably guess my reply to all of the above - having always been spoilt when I want it I want it NOW!!! Angry2

Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 17:22

Jimandsi wrote:
    Some input from me .....

Having started several threads on here where I had hoped we could get a bit of a debate going, albeit with the usual banter, I must admit that I was disappointed to see them go totally off-topic within the first half a dozen posts.

As this forum grows in both members and posts, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep up with any topic, whether sensible or not. I seem to be spending far too much of my time at present looking for topics, rather than posting in them. I dread to think how difficult it will be when TFoF is twice the size regarding members/posts

Hear, hear Lurkers 459784477
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 18:26

I feel there is a bit of correct in all of this. There is quite a bit of fun in threads going off topic and we are the forum of fun.
    Perhaps if they do go off topic we should allow them to do so until end of that day and then move them/ If we could have a complete section for off topic and not only add the ones that are off topic, under their own subject but also add the post before they went off topic. This should help to make people realize the reason behind going off topic.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 18:59

Right. Kev, I'm going to start a new topic called "The Pub. Anything and everything." Lurkers 3430903765 This will be like the "dungeon" or a "lounge" where members can just chat away and reply to each other without having to stay on a particular topic.Lurkers 9
    Don't stay in there all day though and ignore all the other posts! Lurkers 4063104189
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 19:03

The Lone Ranger wrote:Right. Kev, I'm going to start a new topic called "The Pub. Anything and everything." Lurkers 3430903765 This will be like the "dungeon" or a "lounge" where members can just chat away and reply to each other without having to stay on a particular topic.Lurkers 9
    Don't stay in there all day though and ignore all the other posts! Lurkers 4063104189
    hurry up then im thirstyLurkers 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 19:05

cunningham wrote: hurry up then im thirstyLurkers 3025408739

Done it Howard, it's open!
    cunningham
    cunningham