Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Train strike

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Train strike Empty Train strike

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 1:45

Southern Rail...... Striking to protect their jobs allegedly but management have already said that no redundencies will result from the modernisation program. I have no sympathy with them whatsoever. My sympathies lie with the punters who commute daily with this so-called service who are regularly not just minutes late but often hours! What a bloody shambles. Just out of interest because I had to go to Glasgow last week I had a look on thetrainline.com to see how much it would cost from Peterborough. Bear in mind I live 25 miles from there as well and my destination was a couple of miles outside of Glasgow the cheapest advance ticket was in excess of £50 and it takes 5.5 hours at the very least! Its 350 miles so 10 gallons of diesel (35mpg) and I know a lot of cars will use less, @ £5 a gallon....... Yep, £50. And of course I have more than one seat in my car. Actually its not a car but a motorhome, seats 5 very, very comfortably with toilet, shower and cooking facilities, and beds you can lay on. Even with the discount ticket its not competitive is it? Talking of trains, HS2. Another fecking expensive white elephant which a) doubt I will ever use but I (via taxes) am expected to pay for and b) could not afford to use it anyway! All to save 20mins off journey time apparently. Assuming its on time anyway that is.......... Nah, total waste of time and billions of wonga. Compare that to a flight to Tenerife and back I have booked in January, best part of 2000 miles each way.... £56 return. Bit risky cos its Monarch. Train strike 2419626307  But my mate who works for them fixing the planes (engineer) thinks his job is safe, as well as the planes.  Train strike 3025408739 
    Post Office workers are going on strike as well. Er, did you not notice we have email now? And Christmas cards are going out of fashion? And Argos delivery folk have jumped on the bandwagon too.  Train strike 1498946960  Who the feck goes to Argos? I know, peeps who cant trust their neighbours to accept their ebay stuff.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Train strike Empty Re: Train strike

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 19:01

Perfectspecimen wrote:Southern Rail...... Striking to protect their jobs allegedly but management have already said that no redundencies will result from the modernisation program. I have no sympathy with them whatsoever. My sympathies lie with the punters who commute daily with this so-called service who are regularly not just minutes late but often hours! What a bloody shambles. Just out of interest because I had to go to Glasgow last week I had a look on thetrainline.com to see how much it would cost from Peterborough. Bear in mind I live 25 miles from there as well and my destination was a couple of miles outside of Glasgow the cheapest advance ticket was in excess of £50 and it takes 5.5 hours at the very least! Its 350 miles so 10 gallons of diesel (35mpg) and I know a lot of cars will use less, @ £5 a gallon....... Yep, £50. And of course I have more than one seat in my car. Actually its not a car but a motorhome, seats 5 very, very comfortably with toilet, shower and cooking facilities, and beds you can lay on. Even with the discount ticket its not competitive is it? Talking of trains, HS2. Another fecking expensive white elephant which a) doubt I will ever use but I (via taxes) am expected to pay for and b) could not afford to use it anyway! All to save 20mins off journey time apparently. Assuming its on time anyway that is.......... Nah, total waste of time and billions of wonga. Compare that to a flight to Tenerife and back I have booked in January, best part of 2000 miles each way.... £56 return. Bit risky cos its Monarch. Train strike 2419626307  But my mate who works for them fixing the planes (engineer) thinks his job is safe, as well as the planes.  Train strike 3025408739 
    Post Office workers are going on strike as well. Er, did you not notice we have email now? And Christmas cards are going out of fashion? And Argos delivery folk have jumped on the bandwagon too.  Train strike 1498946960  Who the feck goes to Argos? I know, peeps who cant trust their neighbours to accept their ebay stuff.

You think you're hard done by! It doesn't even run in our country but we're expected to chip in for it too! Train strike 16779677

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 19:09; edited 1 time in total
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Dec 2016 - 19:04

I think the UK should build a tunnel from liverpool to Dublin. Save us ferrying over all the EU nationals when Brexit happens Train strike 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 10:11

I noticed yesterday that Ireland is included in ITV weather, BBC only reports Belfast. 50/50 chance you will be joining us soon then by my reckoning.......... Train strike 3275847336
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 10:17

Heyup, just noticed my signature has moved to the centre of the page. Twice I tried to do that when I changed it but to no avail. Train strike 3275847336 Train strike 3275847336 Fairies I guess, or leprechauns. Train strike 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 16:54

...or me... Train strike 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 15 Dec 2016 - 16:56

Whay you do is put the signature between these... Train strike Captur34Train strike 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 17:52

Oh, thats as clear as mud then.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 17:59

Type this [centre], stick your message in, then type this...[/center]. Done!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 16 Dec 2016 - 18:16

Well I can move it along with the space bar so it should bloody well stay there. Train strike 1483819851
    Baggage handlers and check in monkeys are going on strike now, 23rd and 24th of this month. Sack the twats. I just take hand luggage and you print your own ticket now anyway so do we need them? No, not really.
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Sat 17 Dec 2016 - 9:07

Yes sack the bloody lot of them they want to try being self employed & paying for everything themselves  Train strike 3607570916  x
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 17:36

Yip, son just left to head Edinburgh for a few days with his mates then due to fly Shetland Friday but with this strike don't know what's happening, he's then due to fly Shetland Glasgow on the 30th and then Glasgow to Ozz on the 31st restarts work on the 2nd, so it's all a bit tits up at the moment...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 19 Dec 2016 - 17:57

I'm staying put, me... Train strike 1483819851
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 20 Dec 2016 - 18:22

I aint going anywhere either. Campervan has broke down now. No brakes. I have spotted some fluid on the inside of the rear wheel so ordered a new cylinder. Spent a fortune on car stuff from ebay this month. Train strike 1498946960

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 12:07