Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+7
Topdog
Perfectspecimen
searcher
Gypsy
Campbell Brodie
Adam Mint
Silverfox67
11 posters

Silverfox Newbie

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty Re: Silverfox Newbie

Post by Gypsy Mon 29 May 2017 - 17:40

Diana's email is help@diana-mcglone.com  she does all legal paperwork, never needed to know about importing cars etc but if you send her a message she will tell you whether or not she does it.
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

UK Male Posts : 47

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty Many thanks

Post by Silverfox67 Mon 29 May 2017 - 18:02

Many thanks Gypsy
    marbro8
    marbro8

UK Male Posts : 446

Post by marbro8 Mon 29 May 2017 - 18:20

Silverfox67 wrote:Hi all

A quick hello after joining the forum recently.  We have just found a lovely place in Armarilla golf which we will complete the sale at the end of this month.  Needs a clear out of some of the furniture and bit of TLC to bring it up to a good standard, including skimming the walls and ceilings.  Once finished we hope to split our time between Tenerife and the UK. 

Hobbies include a little bit of golf,  plenty of property developing and as much power boating as we can manage around Tenerife.  My wife loves gardening and looking forward to growing some exotic plants.

We have just sold our place in Cyprus after spending almost 23 years living there part time. 

We are shipping our LHD car and boat from there once we get sorted.  So if you have any advice about registering the car and boat or mooring advice I would appreciate your comments.  We would also appreciate some advice on buying a new bathroom suite from somewhere around Las Chafiras or Santa Cruise.

Many thanks for looking and look forward to plenty of helpful adviceSilverfox Newbie - Page 2 4226408756
    hi silverfox, how come you are relocating from Cyprus to Tenerife? that is my wife's first choice to retire to, mine being Tenerife
    marbro8
    marbro8

UK Male Posts : 446

Post by marbro8 Mon 29 May 2017 - 18:26

Silverfox67 wrote:There are plenty of horror stories from Cyprus.  Many people have paid cash for properties and years later are still waiting for title deeds.  10-15 years is quite quick for them.

Then they find that the developer has taken out a mortgage on the land, gone bust and cannot pay the mortgage.  Banks put a memo on the properties, meaning that they cant get their title deeds until the owners pay off a proportion of the developers debt.  That's the tip of the iceberg
    So would you advise not to buy in Cyprus then? you know what is going to happen now, you will be asking everyone about advice on the pitfalls of living in Tenerife, and i will be asking you all about Cyprus Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 3025408739  we may as well rename this the Tenerife v Cyprus thread now Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 3025408739
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

Post by Silverfox67 Mon 29 May 2017 - 18:30

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 4226408756
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 29 May 2017 - 19:20

very different here to Cyprus, multiply by ten. Honestly sell the the car and buy Spanish version here as it will be far less and less hassle. Dianne McGlone fabulous, top of the pile, I should know I have them
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Mon 29 May 2017 - 22:22

Bought in Paphos 1983 off Constantinou Bros there was nothing there then really only one hotel Paphos Beach on the front , had no problem at all with the purchase . Lovely place only problem they don't get the weather like Tenerife does in the winter x
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty IMPORTING A CAR & BOAT TO LANZAROTE

Post by Silverfox67 Tue 30 May 2017 - 11:52

Hi Topdog

I had seriously considered selling the Meganne and buying here but wasn't offered very much for it even though its only done 30,000 miles.  Then cars in Tenerife that are reasonable seem to be a lot more expensive for anything decent.  It also has a good UK towbar fitted and electrics for towing the boat.  So decision made even though there is going to be a load of hassle and expense.  But on balance I think it was our better option of the two.
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty Cyprus

Post by Silverfox67 Tue 30 May 2017 - 11:58

Hi Zdeekie

That was exactly our reason for selling in Cyprus after 23 years.  We were out doing the final completion of the sale in March & it was absolutely freezing in the house at night. heating on & 2 13 tog duvets & don't bother getting up for the loo during the night.  It was warmer in our garage than the house. 

So we are under no illusions about the cold in Tenerife during the winter but at least the outside temperature seems fairly constant.  We are looking forward to our first Christmas & New Year in Tenerife.
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Tue 30 May 2017 - 13:16

I am sure you will absolutely love it good x
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 May 2017 - 15:03

get the matriculation done as soon as possible then as it will save you being pulled
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty Matrication

Post by Silverfox67 Tue 30 May 2017 - 16:09

How much does it cost for Matrication then?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 May 2017 - 16:25

I think it varies but a friend had a Cavalier from UK and cheapest worked out 1100 all sorted
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 May 2017 - 16:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    But this was 4 years ago
    Silverfox67
    Silverfox67

Silverfox Newbie - Page 2 Empty Matrication

Post by Silverfox67 Tue 30 May 2017 - 16:44

Great link
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Tue 30 May 2017 - 16:51

Thank goodness we have never had to do it but this might help, info starts halfway down the page Changing to Spanish Plates

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 19:26