Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
Adam Mint
Perfectspecimen
7 posters

Grenfell House tower block blaze.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Grenfell House tower block blaze. Empty Grenfell House tower block blaze.

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 12:53

Wow, watched this unfolding on Tele last night. Just on tea-break now so more later although its going to be hard getting fun out of the subject. 6 dead so far....... 6 jumpers then. Grenfell House tower block blaze. 2419626307
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Grenfell House tower block blaze. Empty Re: Grenfell House tower block blaze.

Post by Adam Mint Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:40

Didn't pick up on this story until I looked at BBC news on iPad just before logging on to forum, report says six dead but more expected, reading more of the story I suspect there could be a lot more dead, fire seemingly started on forth floor and quickly spread, building had recently been refurbished and brought up to modren day fire standards (lot of good they are then)...
    Report also says firefighters were unable to use the "dry rising main", this is the pipe they would normall pump water up through the hight of the building to attach their fire hoses to at all floor levels, so basically they had no water to fight the fire with,,, major cockup on someone's behalf there then...

Grenfell House tower block blaze. 1498946960
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:44

I had same thought Vince as they would not have recovered bodies as yet from the blaze. Is it an accident? Looks to me as most persons are of an Asian appearance, many Muslims have been standing against Islamic extremists in London in recent days, just a thought maybe some hell bent extremist has decided to do it for Allah. They are mental like that and it would not surprise me. Very sad anyway and London has had enough bad luck.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 13:53

Got to say when I first came across the story my initial thoughts were is it terrorist related the way it seemed to spread so quick, but then on reading the firemen had no water to fight it sorta thought that probably explains rapid spread...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 23:51

Just watched BBC Newsnight, whole program dedicated to fire, strange thing no mention of what I posted earlier:-

"Report also says firefighters were unable to use the "dry rising main", this is the pipe they would normall pump water up through the hight of the building to attach their fire hoses to at all floor levels, so basically they had no water to fight the fire with,,, major cockup on someone's behalf there then..."

This was a BBC report earlier today but no mention of it on tonight's BBC's program,,, it all revolved around the buildings cladding being the problem,,, the cladding is on the outside of the building,,, fire was raging from inside as well,,, didn't look like anyone was putting it out,,, something not right here...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 1:38

Well its clear to me this fire spread through the outside of the building. The obvious blame is the new cladding, made of plastic? Concrete dont burn too well. Easy for me to say 'after event' as it were but hey ho, its obvious innit? This brings me on to my own apartment in Tenerife. They are intending to cover the exterior in what I describe as 'Rustic Plastic' They have done 4 apartments with this so far, trust me it dont look too clever anyway but after this this event no-way Jose!.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 2:31

Still think firefighters couldn't fight it for some reason, outside was just plastic burning, but what was going on inside, nobody saying...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 2:33

Suspect there's a legal coverup...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 7:22

Talking of cover-ups Mr Tim Farron resigned yesterday. Think we wouldnt notice deary? Guaranteed cock sucker in denial. Not only that but a committed Christian to boot.

Grenfell House tower block blaze. 2485877773
    Vince will take over now. No, not me, the other one!
    marbro8
    marbro8

UK Male Posts : 446

Post by marbro8 Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 22:46

saw this earlier don't know if it's true?

Muslims Celebrate London Tower Fire (Despite Many of the Victims Being Muslim) https://www.infowars.com/muslims-celebrate-london-tower-fire-despite-many-of-the-victims-being-muslim/ … #londonfire
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 16 Jun 2017 - 23:23

Seriously Marb, if you don't know if it's true , don't post it. Might as well say that the Irish were celebrating , you know what we are like, any oul excuse for a pint.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 0:48

One world, one economy...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 1:24

One World yeah but certainly not one economy. This London constituency has narrowly voted in one of the new Labour MPs. No idea who it is cos they are keeping their gob tight shut. Probably well over 90% of the inhabitants were what I would describe as immigrants, and the white English, my age or older probably were apparently all on the top floors. Grenfell House tower block blaze. 2419626307 Feck knows what the rent is, probably approaching 1K a month. Or possibly even more! I was shocked to discover a council flat in Peterborough is about 400 quid a month.  Grenfell House tower block blaze. 1498946960  Of course the vast majority pay feck all anyway cos they will be on Housing Benefit. Anyway feck all will change, the cladding was the cause of this, without a shadow of doubt. The refurd allegedly cost 10m quid. What a fecking disgrace.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 11:42

cladding supplied by a company who give money to the Tories......errrrm, I think this could be starting to get very covered up and quickly squashed.
    marbro8
    marbro8

Post by marbro8 Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 12:01

3rdforum wrote:Seriously Marb, if you don't know if it's true , don't post it. Might as well say that the Irish were celebrating , you know what we are like, any oul excuse for a pint.
     sorry. it was all over the internet and on twitter? but it could have been posted by any right wing nutter i suppose? Grenfell House tower block blaze. 755705644
    marbro8
    marbro8

Post by marbro8 Sat 17 Jun 2017 - 12:05

Perfectspecimen wrote:One World yeah but certainly not one economy. This London constituency has narrowly voted in one of the new Labour MPs. No idea who it is cos they are keeping their gob tight shut. Probably well over 90% of the inhabitants were what I would describe as immigrants, and the white English, my age or older probably were apparently all on the top floors. Grenfell House tower block blaze. 2419626307 Feck knows what the rent is, probably approaching 1K a month. Or possibly even more! I was shocked to discover a council flat in Peterborough is about 400 quid a month.  Grenfell House tower block blaze. 1498946960  Of course the vast majority pay feck all anyway cos they will be on Housing Benefit. Anyway feck all will change, the cladding was the cause of this, without a shadow of doubt. The refurd allegedly cost 10m quid. What a fecking disgrace.
    The social housing company that i work for have over 22'000 properties, and charge on average about £400 a month, but there are some poor areas. we have also got what we call market rent properties that we charge £500-£600 a month, but they are fully furnished and have white goods installed.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 18 Jun 2017 - 15:56

This guy is now blaming the council, governments and politicians for the fire,,, wait a mo, what did you do for eleven years prior to becoming mayor of London,,, mmmm let me thing, got it, you were a MP for a London Borough,,, so what did you do to prevent it happening...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40320459

Another overpaid mouthpiece...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 18 Jun 2017 - 19:57

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40319207

This is another thing that annoys me a bit when events such as this fire happen, Teresa May has pledged five million of public money in to the emergency fund, I'm not saying it's wrong to help people out in these circumstances but what about all the other people who were burnt out/killed by fire that day, what do they get,,, they are having their own personal hardship/loss but get nothing...

Bit more of a level playing field required in these matters...

It was the same when that helicopter crashed in to the bar in Glasgow a couple of years back, there was Surgon all over the papers/TV donating public money to the fund,,, how many other people were killed that day in accidents leaving their family's in tragic/dire circumstances, yet they get nothing...

Yip the fire is a major incedent and headline news but should that mean the victims get preferential treatment as to others who suffered the same fate on that day or any other day...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Jun 2017 - 20:56

Ah but we are talking about immigrants, special treatment thats how they got a council house in the first place, try getting a member of your family a council house, Grenfell House tower block blaze. 1498946960
    So now they will all get a nice new house and millions of pounds compensation each, that was just one block of flats, nobody from this country by the looks of the news,
    sure nobody likes to see a disaster but it is very rare that happens to white UK born, harsh but true
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 16:03

I'm more on about building regulations than the fire here, BBC report below says about 600 buildings with the same cladding...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40366646

What I've noticed in recent years they throw up these new apartment blocks built to so called modren standards, then two/three years later the buildings surrounded by scaffolding getting something put right...

Apartment block opposit a pub I frequency called Skyline Central, fancy building, purpose built for renting only, penthouse gym/swimming pool, about ten years old I recon, month or so back they start removing all the cladding, some people who live in it drink in the pub, story is major damp issues, first picture below shows building with most of original cladding removed, they start attaching new cladding, went past it last night on way to pool match, the new cladding they had started to fit has been removed ??? So I do a Google search to see what's going on, all I came up with was planning application, mmmm see what the new claddings made of (second picture), timber composite,,, wonder if someone's having a rethink...

Grenfell House tower block blaze. Image205
    Grenfell House tower block blaze. Image62
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 18:04

I had to take my wall apart to prove to a building inspector a 4.5 foot rsj had been fireproofed before he pass my building alteration, crazy one rule eh.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 22 Jun 2017 - 22:11

i noticed the same on a block in galway recently. the building is only about 6 or 7 years old and about 6 month ago, a load of scaffolding went up around it. wonder is it for the same reason?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 2:01

Think six months or so back water ingress or damp, this cladding issue is new since fire...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 2:32

Insulation approved by the global warming fanatics. Bet it turns out this sort of stuff has been used in all the 'eco' homes. Of course nobody worries too much about a two storey house but 20 storeys high? No, no, no. In my house which is ancient I have about 3 inches of insulation in the loft. Totally inadequate but the joists up there are only 3" so banking it up over them isnt really practical. Best thing would be putting 1" fibre boards over the top but not exactly a good thing from a fire point of view. I must confess I converted some attic space into two bedrooms in part of my house many moons ago, although it was only a one storey high attic. Between the roof and plasterboard what did I install? 2" polystyrene. Grenfell House tower block blaze. 755705644 Well, its cheap and very effective.  Grenfell House tower block blaze. 3025408739  In my life time have have experienced 4 house fires, all put out by me. First 3 were when we lived in a tower block in Chingford, long since demolished, probably cos none of us ever paid the rent.......... Luckily for me we were only on the first floor, of 20, and luckily for the other residents if something fecks up I set about fixing it! We had a tele that caught fire in turn setting the curtains alight, some peeps said I should have pulled the plug out of the tele before dousing area with much water but hey-ho, fire put out. Another one was Patsy left frying pan on hob, smoke everywhere but no actual fire. Worst one was my darling oldest son, a toddler at the time. We had just acquired a new bed so the old mattress was in the hallway waiting for me to dispose of it. Patsy was asleep as usual being a teenager at the time and luckily as it turned out I was in the bath. Suddenly I can smell smoke, jumps out the bath and the little fecker had set light to the mattress with some matches he had found. Well alight it was so I dragged it out of the flat, totally naked into the communal hallway and then went back inside flat for bowl getting water from bath, handy eh? to douse mattress. I do remember the cheeky feckers sent me a bill for scorch marks in the corridor, needless to say I never paid but they were saved a devastated flat............ Last one was in this house about 20 years ago, same moron kid decided he would set light to toy box. By the time I discovered it carpet and curtains were alight as well so I kicked window frame out, old time sash at the time, grabbed toybox and suffering minor burns chucked it out through window. Screamed to Patsy to ring fire brigade as all sorts alight but managed to put it out before they turned up. Fecking hero I am am yeah? No not really. To poor/mean to buy insurance.  Grenfell House tower block blaze. 3025408739
    Shame we cant get a professional firefighters view on this subject really. Howard was one but I think there was another as well. Would be nice if Howard came back, you know you belong here mate. Grenfell House tower block blaze. 294053457
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 14:27

I suspect Howard's lurking around somewhere, 15 guests iooking in on us as I type this...

Grenfell House tower block blaze. Image10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 1 May 2024 - 22:33