Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

On your bike or maybe your feet.

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

On your bike or maybe your feet. Empty On your bike or maybe your feet.

Post by Gypsy Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 10:58

They are at it again! I read recently that the council in Puerto de la Cruz is planning to embark on the next round of road closures and traffic calming. This time they have sought the advice of a world renowned urban transportation consultancy company.

The council wants the town to be even more pedestrian friendly. Their latest aim is to get people back onto their feet, or on bicycles. In a town with so many hills, I can’t wait to see their plans. They claim that the current traffic problems can’t be allowed to continue but surely the congestion is of their own making. Haven’t recent road closures and the closure of the bus station been the prime causes of traffic queues and delay?
    Not that the closure of the bus station was a bad thing. Buses now operating from the road are far better than from that dark concrete bunker, even if the road is a main thoroughfare. It is somewhat ironic that the bus station is now used as an unofficial car park; perhaps the council should take heed. A huge multi storey car park on the site could well keep the cars out of the centre of the town and solve their traffic calming problem.
    Long term visitors will know that road closures and creating pedestrian walkways in Puerto is by no means a new idea. They have witnessed them for years and with each new walkway they have seen the resulting business closures. I wonder which streets are next in line to receive the concrete tile treatment, and which businesses will be the next victims?

The above is taken from the local newspaper Tenerife News Online edition 438 - What are your views or don´t you go to Puerto?
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

On your bike or maybe your feet. Empty Re: On your bike or maybe your feet.

Post by Topdog Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 13:44

We parked in the big car park on the beach, walked through town and Jan to our friends past the Lovely municipal pools. I said I will go back and get the car and meet you at the end of the Pedestrian bit. Jan knew where I meant but thought she had got it wrong. It took me 10-15 to walk back and another 40 mins to drive through. In the end I went out of town and drove back in from the other direction, easier and quicker.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 17:55

Used to go there often, nice place. Town planners want shooting, buggered up my local town, traffic lights all over the place. Now we have congestion and you can safely cross the road anywhere cos nothings moving. On your bike or maybe your feet. 16779677
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:13

I don't drive on holiday...On your bike or maybe your feet. L
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:17

Get yourself a bono card and grab a fast bus.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 18:23

Perfectspecimen wrote:Get yourself a bono card and grab a fast bus.
    Always get the bus from the airport.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 10:36