Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
zdeekie
Topdog
Mcqueen
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
9 posters

Monarch has gone bust.

innit
    innit

Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 Empty Re: Monarch has gone bust.

Post by innit Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 14:37

innit wrote:Claim for refund  just gone in will be 7 to 10 days before I hear anything back. I am number 1438365 on the list Reg is no 2. Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 3025408739

Just had a text from LLoyds bank to inform me a temporary credit has been placed on my card so things are on the way. You heard any news yet Reg??
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 14:44

Janet has filled in 1 or 2 forms and replied to various emails, I tend not to get involved with anything that may annoy me which is quite a lot, Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 3025408739 I will inquire as to how far we have got,
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 16:41

Just been today to try and claim for our Non-visit to India.  It looked straightforward until we started completing the paperwork.  It seems that we could need a boarding pass for flights we didn´t take!!!  And discharge papers from a hospital are not good enough, we might need our doctor to complete a medical questionnaire although the sickness occurred in the UK.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 16:49

They'll weasel out of it...betcha! Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Mon 16 Oct 2017 - 17:40

Brings back the memories of when Annie took ill in Tenerife, hospital were wanting about £10,000 after she had only been in a few days (ended up being 17 days) as her insurance company were dragging their heels, we refused to pay and insurance company eventually accepted it was a legitimate claim but to do so we had to get a report from her uk doctor, then when she was discharged from the hospital they (the insurance company) did not fly her home straight away, they put her up in a hotel on a daily basis meaning every morning hotel asked her to leave, so we would have to phone the insurance company to see what was happening, she was told that her case was due to be discussed at a meeting they had once or twice a week,,, so they just kept booking her back in to the hotel, Annie just wanted to get home, so we searched out flights ourselves, phoned the insurance company and told them what we were doing and that we intended to claim back cost of flight...

Back in the uk we start claim, lot of phone calls and form filling, insurance company dealt with hospital bill direct, so basically what Annie was claiming for was flight home and her insurance cover gave her something like £50 a day for every day in hospital, which Annie split with everyone who had ran up costs to do with incident, which included:-

Couple of nights hotel bill for two daughters who stayed on in a Tenerife until we rented an apartment.

Apartment No1 rental for over a week.

Her son and my flight costs out from the uk.

Once she got out of intensive care and was on the mend flight costs for two daughters and son back to uk as two older ones had work commitments.

Rent of second smaller appartment that I move in to for a week.

And eventually my flight home, note, none of flights were cheap as they were booked last minute.

So although Annie was insured it don't cover the knock on costs...

Keep at them Gypsy and get what your due...

Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 506932706
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 17 Oct 2017 - 21:05

They will try wear ypu down
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 17:18

At long last the airfares are getting back to normal again. Just grabbed a couple from Luton for me and Jack for 7th November. £72 each. Now thats more like it Mr Tui. Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 3:06

Heyup Kev if you need stuff bringing over give me a shout, only about 17 sleeps.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 11:43

going back on 11th
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 18:24

Thats handy, you only got to suffer my drunkeness for 4 days then. Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 3025408739  Monarch has gone bust. - Page 2 2084528412

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 3:21