Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
zdeekie
Topdog
Mcqueen
Perfectspecimen
Campbell Brodie
9 posters

Monarch has gone bust.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Monarch has gone bust. Empty Monarch has gone bust.

Post by Campbell Brodie Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 6:48

BBC News

Monarch has gone bust. _9810010
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Monarch has gone bust. Empty Re: Monarch has gone bust.

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:11

You beat me to it, I was going to call thread Monarch Crash though. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739 Reg will be OK though because of course Jan would do the sensible thing and pay with credit card.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:12

Still need flights tho Monarch has gone bust. 2419626307
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:16

If you buy them now you will pay extra so wait a month til it gets sorted. Dont Panic!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:39

Ian who lives opposite my daughter works at Luton, Monarch engineer. Close to my age so it looks like scrap-heap for you pal. Now you have a choice. You could get some more of those wonderful foster kids to annoy your neighbours or slip the moorings of that giant canal boat tied up outside your house and go cruising to Hull, where he hails from, and please the neighbours. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:42

Monarch will rise from the ashes (again)
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 8:48

Easyjet will be snapping some routes
    zdeekie
    zdeekie

UK Female Posts : 4841

Post by zdeekie Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 9:07

Sad day great airline but the warning was on the cards last year x
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 11:01

Flight I had my eye on for 7th November has gone from £89 to £182. Bad time to look for flights then. Monarch has gone bust. 3913804730  Crew cant go to Ryanair either, Airbus mainly at Monarch, Boeing at Ryanair. Be like me trying to use an AppleMac.  Monarch has gone bust. 3095951175
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 11:08

I had booked with Monarch and just had to rebook but I am not too unhappy. Should have gone with BA in the first place saved myself £30 and now have a extra day in the sun and better flight times. Monarch has gone bust. 3442450755 Just sorry for those who have been caught in it all and cannot change dates ect.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 11:38

Re booked with Jet 2, during the process the price was about the same. hit the buy it now button and it came up these flights are sold but for another £190 they can be unsold and you can have them Monarch has gone bust. 1498946960 cheeky bleeders, anyway job sorted , Barclay card will be the next to go bust then.
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 13:22

Glad you have it sorted Reg and as the wife keeps telling me you cannot take it with you and as far as I know there is not much opportunity to do any wheeling and dealing in the cemetery. Monarch has gone bust. 294053457
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 14:43

Perfectspecimen wrote:Ian who lives opposite my daughter works at Luton, Monarch engineer. Close to my age so it looks like scrap-heap for you pal. Now you have a choice. You could get some more of those wonderful foster kids to annoy your neighbours or slip the moorings of that giant canal boat tied up outside your house and go cruising to Hull, where he hails from, and please the neighbours. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739

One of my mates works worked in their maintenance department at Manchester airport, he's a number cruncher nothing to do with spanners so can pick up work in almost any type of industry so don't think he'll be out of work for long, that said he'd been with Monarch for a couple of years, the longest I'd known him stay in a job, said they were good to work for...
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 20:05

Claim for refund  just gone in will be 7 to 10 days before I hear anything back. I am number 1438365 on the list Reg is no 2. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 20:29

Who's before me  Monarch has gone bust. 16779677
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Mon 2 Oct 2017 - 21:16

innit wrote:Claim for refund  just gone in will be 7 to 10 days before I hear anything back. I am number 1438365 on the list Reg is no 2. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739

Got stuck in Tenerife for a couple of weeks back in 2010 when the Icelandic volcano blew it's top, when planes did start flying again it was impossible to get in touch with the airline (can't recall which one it was), phone just rang and rang, website directed you to a help page which only gave a message saying it was overloaded, we opt to find our own flights back and sort out refund later,,, easier said than done, we didn't have internet in apartment so we're relying on Internet shops as are thousands of others to source flights and print of boarding passes etc, took us about three days to sort out flight, flights would show as being available so you type in all your data, make to pay only to be told flight has sold out, even when back home it was a good few days before we managed to access airlines website and organize refund for original flight...

Monarch has gone bust. 1913075024
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 1:28

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41477267

£60 million to bring home 110,000 stranded holiday makers,,, that's £545 per scull, must be flying them business class...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 12:27

Yeah, Harrods fly from Luton, they have their own terminal as well. Limos pull up, punters go inside, for refreshments I guess, and cases get put on little learjet thingies. Wonder if you can stand up in the toilets? Anyway, someones making some fecking wonga. Monarch has gone bust. 1498946960  Maybe Jet2 will take the Luton jets from Monarch but just a word of warning to management, its where I usually fly from. Why? Cheap innit, they cant fill the planes.  Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 12:29

Oh, and Monarch dont fly from Stansted so the prices should be the same as last week. Monarch has gone bust. 506932706
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 12:30

Gets me the aircraft are still there and so are crew so why cant it be sorted that the administrators or caa pay for stranded to come home that way
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 3 Oct 2017 - 14:24

Read somewhere that when a couple of airlines went bust one in America and one I think it was Germany they kept flying until the mess was sorted out, but seemingly the rules in UK are your bust, your grounded... 

To be honest I think it's a good idea, don't really fancy being flown by a flight crew who are wondering where the next mortgage payment is coming from...

Monarch has gone bust. 1498946960 Monarch has gone bust. 1913075024  Monarch has gone bust. 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 0:46

Adam Mint wrote:
    Perfectspecimen wrote:Ian who lives opposite my daughter works at Luton, Monarch engineer. Close to my age so it looks like scrap-heap for you pal. Now you have a choice. You could get some more of those wonderful foster kids to annoy your neighbours or slip the moorings of that giant canal boat tied up outside your house and go cruising to Hull, where he hails from, and please the neighbours. Monarch has gone bust. 3025408739

One of my mates works worked in their maintenance department at Manchester airport, he's a number cruncher nothing to do with spanners so can pick up work in almost any type of industry so don't think he'll be out of work for long, that said he'd been with Monarch for a couple of years, the longest I'd known him stay in a job, said they were good to work for...

Just back from pool night, mate mentioned above is there, I say bit of a bummer with job any plans,,, he looks at me confused, he says how you know about me falling out with my boss,,, now I'm confused,,, turns out he works with Thomas Cook not Monarch,,, oops, knew it was something to do with aeroplanes...

Monarch has gone bust. 2839888827
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Oct 2017 - 0:51

Oh, turns he and boss kissed and made up so still in employment...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 1:49

Turns out Monarch maintenance was separated from monarch Airlines some time ago, makes a profit innit, so Ian is still at work but they have still lost a whole lot of aircraft to maintain.......
    Air Berlin went bust but they are, illegally, being bank rolled and kept flying by Angela Merkels communist regime.
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Fri 6 Oct 2017 - 14:12

Sad ending that has so many sinister misgivings, Monarch had been flying on borrowed time for the last year. It was common knowledge in the airline industry that Monarch had to be sold before the 1st of October 2017 due to it's debts and it's commitment to purchase 46 Boeing 737's before that date, numerous carrier's showed interest, Easy Jet, Norwegian, and B.A..  B.A. were very close to saving the Airline and asked the government for a bridging loan of one hundred million (small change in big business) the government refused for underlying sinister reasons, 75% of *british* airlines & holiday companies are GERMAN OWNED putting coffers into German pockets every time a 'Brit' goes on holiday. The majority of airlines throughout the world are financially unstable and are being 'propped up' by their relative governments for political reasons, Air Berlin were in deeper financial shit than Monarch but the German (European) government have kept them flying the German Flag, in secret Brexit negotiations the British government promised the Germans they would not intervene and would allow Monarch to go bust putting yet more money into the German coffers with a large majority of the 750,000.00 passengers re-booking with Tui (who have now shed the name Thomson) and Thomas Cook.  Ryan Air were fully aware 6 weeks ago that our government was going to allow Monarch to die and cancelled thousands of non-or-low profit routes in preparation to soak up a proportion of cancelled pax desperately seeking new seats, they and the 2 remaining British carriers Jet 2 and Easy Jet have all hyked up their prices which in the short term may benefit them but in the long term 'Brits' will realise they are being ripped off and opt to stay at home. One hundred million pounds would have kept one of GREAT BRITAIN'S airlines flying, would have saved 3000 hard working people from losing their jobs, and SIXTY MILLION POUNDS in chartering Turkish and several Arab State owned airlines to re-patriate  stranded passengers, a sick sad and sorry week for ENGLAND.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 13:04