Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Scots booze policy

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Scots booze policy Empty Scots booze policy

Post by Mcqueen Tue 1 May 2018 - 9:10

Scots booze policy 1460810463  Me personally i think crime will increase, try telling a Scot or anyone that they cant afford their fix of the day Scots booze policy 3561243520
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Scots booze policy Empty Re: Scots booze policy

Post by Adam Mint Tue 1 May 2018 - 15:55

Yip, will be interesting to watch sales figures of these products to see if they drop, or if sales of products of a better quality rise as punters may as well purchase the "quality" product as the previously cheaper one is now the same price.

The shop owners mast be laughing, extra money goes in their pockets,,, but will black market cheap booze become the thing...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 1 May 2018 - 17:39

Mmm i did wonder who got the extra money ?
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 1 May 2018 - 18:11

I think it's a good thing. Jaikie feckers are buying 6 cans of super-lager at 9 in the morning for £2 and can't walk by lunch time...
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Tue 1 May 2018 - 18:21

Did a quick recce today around town and the whole lot of thieving swine have put up prices across the board ,I thought it was only cheap stuff that was going up but every beer in every shop has gone up today
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 1 May 2018 - 18:45

Who gets the price increase? Found it..."Pubs, clubs and restaurants are unlikely to be affected by the law as they would have to be selling a pint of lager for about £1.14 or a large glass of wine for £1.50.

The new law is not a tax and any extra revenue from higher prices will go to the supermarkets"
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 1 May 2018 - 19:09

Thats a first innit ?, Imagine being told to put your prices up Scots booze policy 3275847336
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 1 May 2018 - 19:41

Well it's law now. Scots booze policy 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Tue 1 May 2018 - 19:45

It wont make that Kranky little MP popular
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 1 May 2018 - 20:37

Campbell Brodie wrote:Who gets the price increase? Found it..."Pubs, clubs and restaurants are unlikely to be affected by the law as they would have to be selling a pint of lager for about £1.14 or a large glass of wine for £1.50.

The new law is not a tax and any extra revenue from higher prices will go to the supermarkets"

Mcqueen wrote:Thats a first innit ?, Imagine being told to put your prices up Scots booze policy 3275847336

Campbell Brodie wrote:Well it's law now. Scots booze policy 294053457

And wrong, it's price fixing...

I'm sure I posted this before on a thread where we were on about this subject...

Industry I worked in at one time suppliers  of a product we used were being squeezed out of business due to being paid a low price for their product, to the point their product was becoming short on supply,,, so the three big uses of their product got together and agreed to pay the suppliers more, there was no profit in this for the users, it was necessary cost to maintain supply,,, we were fined by the office of fair trading for price fixing...

We weren't fixing prices, we were just maintaining supply of product to the industry we were in, no product, no business...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 1 May 2018 - 20:59

Campbell Brodie wrote:I think it's a good thing. Jaikie feckers are buying 6 cans of super-lager at 9 in the morning for £2 and can't walk by lunch time...

I don't think it's a good thing, it will not in any way affect what I spend on alcohol even if it were introduced in England, I pay well over this minimum price for a pint I buy in a pub, and in the house I drink wine, again priced well above the minimum price, but, my scots mate who you have met Cam, he ain't skint, had own business, own house, cars, motorbikes etc, but is tight when buying booze, he buys the cheap stuff, because he's a tight Scottish git,,, he did buy the cheap cider but gave up on that because he decided it was causing him to put on weight, hence he now cycles about thirty miles a day,,, but his tipple now is Vodka and orange, like me as I am having a glass of vino as I type this he will be having a vodka as he reads or watches tv, difrence is £3:13,,, I happened to speak to him tonight, subject of booze price came in to conversation, would seem his £10 bottle of vodka has gone up to £13:13,,, will it stop him drinking, No, he's loaded, but why should he pay more... Personally I find it strange, to much sugar in a drink we tax you, alcohol to cheap, give the supermarkets more profit...

Scots booze policy 878948377

Last edited by Adam Mint on Wed 2 May 2018 - 14:51; edited 1 time in total
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Tue 1 May 2018 - 21:13

Slightly off track of topic,,, Asda is local supermarket to me so most shopping done there, regular as hell, Muslim types with trollies full of booze being loaded in to vans, must be cheaper than cash and carries for their shop shelfs...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Tue 1 May 2018 - 22:29

Same as minty. It's a feckin nanny state scenario
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 2 May 2018 - 0:56

Cheers Dermo , Hic Scots booze policy 1696878685 ...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 2 May 2018 - 8:18

I dont care because i dont need to drink everyday and hardly ever in the UK, i may go mental in Tenerife but never do i notice what price it is, same as petrol i need it and just fill up, i would never go somewhere else to save 20p, im too busy to feck about usually, Scotch piss heads will always be piss heads and the price wont stop them even if the are on the benefits, Scots booze policy 1483819851

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 5:38