Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person?

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? Empty Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person?

Post by 3rdforum Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 21:14

Was watching a documentary on Jack Charlton. What great memories. He was without doubt, THE most popular Englishman of all time here. We loved his no bullshit approach to everything. He still has a house here on the west coast for when he goes fishing and we even made him an Irish citizen, which he said , along with his world cup medal, was his two greatest treasures in life. Rumour had it that he was as tight as a ducks arse in a rainstorm. If he was buying a drink, he always paid by cheque, knowing that the chances were good that the barman would frame the cheque and hang it on the wall.

Anyway, who is your favourite person? You can't choose someone from your own country.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? Empty Re: Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person?

Post by Gypsy Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 21:43

My favourite Scotsman is A J Cronin.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? Empty Re: Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person?

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 21:52

Horatio Nelson, Ist Viscount Nelson. Feisty little git.

Nelson
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:09

My hero is Campbell Brodie, He dosent say a lot, or get involved with lifes little squabbles, But you know he's in the back ground, Pressing buttons, And researching Christmas scenes for our benefit,
    Without a shadow of a doubt we wouldnt be the forum we now are, No1 slot not far off, Bit bleeding obvious innit.
    My favourite little scotsman, Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:24

Underdog wrote:My hero is Campbell Brodie, He dosent say a lot, or get involved with lifes little squabbles, But you know he's in the back ground, Pressing buttons, And researching Christmas scenes for our benefit,
    Without a shadow of a doubt we wouldnt be the forum we now are, No1 slot not far off, Bit bleeding obvious innit.
    My favourite little scotsman, Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? 294053457

I'm so feckin' embarrassed...Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0hRj0FqZwzfvSOsBkl24H_R0RArhVUlogb0caaMiW8BjzaSuGXw
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:29

Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? 3077217049 We cant see you,
    Besides, it was you or him out of the great escape,
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:35

Underdog wrote:My hero is Campbell Brodie, He dosent say a lot, or get involved with lifes little squabbles, But you know he's in the back ground, Pressing buttons, And researching Christmas scenes for our benefit,
    Can't disagree with that Reg. Hooray for King Brodie.
    3rd F, I thought Henry V111 would have been Favourite in The Emeralds.

Mine is Me Dad.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:40

Nothing against Henr, it was his daughter wot did the damage.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 8 Dec 2011 - 22:41

Topdog wrote:

3rd F, I thought Henry V111 would have been Favourite in The Emeralds.

Mine is Me Dad.

Or maybe Oliver Cromwell...not a feckin' chance!Who is your favourite Irish/English/Welsh/Scottish person? P0203

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 10:38