Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

2 posters

'Proudest day of my life’ for hero who tackled thug armed with sword

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

'Proudest day of my life’ for hero who tackled thug armed with sword Empty 'Proudest day of my life’ for hero who tackled thug armed with sword

Post by Gypsy Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:29

WEDDING bells rang out as a hero Sheffield dad walked his daughter up the aisle months after nearly losing his arm in a terrifying sword attack on holiday.

Gary Wainwright, aged 53, from Wadsley Bridge, proudly gave away his daughter Leanne, 29, as she tied the knot with childhood sweetheart Paul Clark at St Mary’s Church, Ecclesfield.

The boiler salesman and cafe owner had his arm broken in four places and suffered severe nerve and muscle damage when he fended off a man wielding a three-foot Samurai sword in a bar in Tenerife on New Year’s Day.

Full Story Tenerife News Online
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

'Proudest day of my life’ for hero who tackled thug armed with sword Empty Re: 'Proudest day of my life’ for hero who tackled thug armed with sword

Post by Mermaid Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 21:54

Gypsy wrote:WEDDING bells rang out as a hero Sheffield dad walked his daughter up the aisle months after nearly losing his arm in a terrifying sword attack on holiday.

Gary Wainwright, aged 53, from Wadsley Bridge, proudly gave away his daughter Leanne, 29, as she tied the knot with childhood sweetheart Paul Clark at St Mary’s Church, Ecclesfield.

The boiler salesman and cafe owner had his arm broken in four places and suffered severe nerve and muscle damage when he fended off a man wielding a three-foot Samurai sword in a bar in Tenerife on New Year’s Day.

Full Story Tenerife News Online

I remember that story. I am pleased to hear he is getting his life together.

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 14:54