Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

New Van Prices

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

New Van Prices Empty New Van Prices

Post by 3rdforum Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 12:30

I'm looking for a new crew van ( i.e. a van that has 5/6 seats at the front and a "van boot" at the back). As I have bought our last 3 cars in the UK, I thought I would have a look at some vans there. New Van Prices 2419626307 The price is huge. There is defo an opportunity for an enterprising businessman to import vans from Ireland to the UK. Irish prices are at least 25% cheaper than the UK

We have to pay Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) on ALL imported vehicles. It is 13.5% for commercials and up to 33% for cars of what Revenue deems the vehicle is worth on the open market here. We can access a VRT calculator for cars ( so at least you'll know the ball park figure to be paid ) but not all vans are covered by this calculator (which leaves it in the laps of the gods a bit).
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

New Van Prices Empty Re: New Van Prices

Post by Topdog Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 13:42

Have you considered Leasing D.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 13:45

Can't afford to lease Kev, it would cost 250 - 350 per month. I'd have the price of a new ( 2nd hand) van in less than a year ( and I have 2 brothers in law who are mechanics)
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 13:50

You can get great deals tho and all included, tax deductable mate.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 14:20

North or south Ireland ?, 2005 I was put in touch with a guy at donnely van centre, They did Volkswagon, Cant think where it was now, Something like Ballykenny or the likes, He priced a Vw Transporter up for me, There was a differance in price to here, Must have been the north because i asked him how he could do it for the price, He said the brittish goverment payed them a subsidy for doing business, So we get the van at cost and he got a bung, If there was that much money to be earned some bugger would be at it i'm sure, Heard the same about Gurnsey i think, I kept coming across pre registered fords ?, From there, Looked into that too, It was a closed shop, i rand one of the garages to ask what the script was, Oh thats just certain companys that have more than one garage, they just get moved about he said, Blox i thought, So i dont know Dermo, I do know that them crewcab pick ups are used as private cars, And you can claim the vat and the tax back, But there not a van, innit
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 19 Mar 2012 - 19:30

Pie-keys always have nice vans, go and nick one of theirs. Make a refreshing change.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 13:04