Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Mermaid
Topdog
icmeller5
7 posters

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife

icmeller5
    icmeller5

Female Posts : 3

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife Empty Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife

Post by icmeller5 Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 11:52

I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.

I am looking at renting for approx 6 months in South Tenerife from
    January next year., but I have only visited Los Christianos on holiday
    so I do not know much about other resorts.

I would like to be within walking distance of the beach, restaurants,
    shops etc. but in a quiet area, preferably where other Brits stay long
    term or rent rather than in an area where holidaymakers stay as we are
    retired so like the peace & quiet at night.

Any information on resorts which fit my requirements would be welcome and where most long term rental properties can be found.

Look forward to some information.

Thanks
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife Empty Re: Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife

Post by Topdog Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 12:04

icmeller5 wrote:I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.

Any information on resorts which fit my requirements would be welcome and where most long term rental properties can be found.

Thanks

Hi Ich, welcome to the forum. I am sure many of us will be able to give you advice. Why not grab yourself an avatar and have a look around. There is quite a bit of Tenerife info on here already and also quite a lot of fun.

Hope you enjoy and as the day goes by the info you require will come flooding in.

You may want to go on introductions and let us know a bit about yourself, you will find everyone will welcome you with open arms. Enjoy and ask anything you need to know. TD
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife Empty Re: Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife

Post by Mermaid Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 12:06

Welcome to our forum. Our member who can give you this information is out at the moment but when they return they will get back to.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 12:30

icmeller5 wrote:I wonder if anyone can give me any advice.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum. You say you are looking for long term rental within walking distance of the beach, places to eat etc. Any beach worth going to is going to be in a tourist area. Do you want to walk along the prom or swim in the sea and lie on the beach? I ask this as there are other areas with a nice view and seafront but not much of a bathing area. Will you have a car when you are here? What kind of shops are you talking about as yet again this could mean a tourist area unless you are simply talking supermarket and a few small shops. If you give this info we shall be able to help you further. In the meantime here are a couple of websites you could have a look at for long term renals. Good luck...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this helps
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 13:46

We will be doing the same in about a year and our choice as this present time is El Medano. Google maps and use the little gold man. Stunning village, lovely and relaxed. It is used by surfers but plenty of room and quiet.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 13:50

I like El Medano too. Only thing is it can be rather windy and if the OP wants Brits they won't find many there...
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 13:52

Cruella de Vil wrote:I like El Medano too. Only thing is it can be rather windy and if the OP wants Brits they won't find many there...

I will be there.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 13:53

Not in January you won't Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 294053457
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 14:01

Cruella de Vil wrote:Not in January you won't Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 294053457

I will do October till March probably from next October.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 15:54

This is difficult, I like El Medano too I think most people who live here any length of time get to love it and ignore the wind because it is such a laid back sort of place. But Cruella is right, there are not too many Brits around but the locals are very friendly and you can make yourself understood with a bit of mime and the odd Spanglish thrown in for good measure.

Haven´t seen Queenie around for a bit probably because she is too young to add links yet but she also likes El Medano
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Palm Mar is nice, and a lot of Brits stay there, particularly in the winter. Not much of a beach but a nice walk along the seafront, flat and pretty. It has supermarkets, restaurants, banks and a bus service but I dont know how regular that is.

British again, but no beach Costa del Silencio and at the other end of the southern resorts Callao Salvaje.

All British the west Los Gigantes area but while you are retired do be aware that in the winter months the average age for this area is 80+ mentally if not physically. Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 3025408739

As has been said, let us know what sort of things you like to do, whether you will have a car or not and we can probably give better advice.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 15:55

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 2024858757 I should have said :hi: and welcome to the forum. How did you hear about us?
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 16:54

Gypsy wrote: Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 2024858757 I should have said Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 3633523372 and welcome to the forum. How did you hear about us?

I have just emailed Queenie to see if she can pop on and give an imput, I know she is very busy at the moment but hopefully she may be able to spare 5 mins.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 17:39

Hi icmeller5 welcome to the forum. If you are who I think you are then we have been in touch earlier this afternoon and I have sent you information that you will hopefully find useful.

May I respectfully suggest you look at what I sent, and clarify here. The members are nothing if not honest and you won´t go far wrong by listening to their views. By all means if you would rather email me but I think you will benefit from the opinions of several people.

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 18:01

Welcome icmeller5. I like El Medano too, nice sand and at least the wind is warm. Quite a few Brits getting there now and some good little bars.
    icmeller5
    icmeller5

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife Empty Thanks for help

Post by icmeller5 Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 11:38

Thanks to everyone for your welcome & help & advice.
    I am just trying to get used to using the forum & will put on an avatar & further info about myself soon.
    Yes Queenie, I am the same person & it was Queenie who recommended this site to me.
    I am just going through all the information that you have provide to me so far.
    We would like to be near to a beach that we could go on, local shops for groceries etc & restaurants.
    The area does not have to be full of Brits but just where if we needed help with any situation that may arise, we could ask someone to help as at the moment we do not speak any Spanish.
    I am 57 & my husband is 60 but young at heart and in the head lol but not necessarily party animals. That is why we like it quiet at times for living.
    Please feel free to give any other advice or info as all is very much appreciated.
    Thanks Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 1213489636
    P.s. El Medano sounds nice!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 13:08

icmeller5 wrote:Thanks to everyone for your welcome & help & advice.
    I am just trying to get used to using the forum & will put on an avatar & further info about myself soon.
    Yes Queenie, I am the same person & it was Queenie who recommended this site to me.
    We would like to be near to a beach that we could go on, local shops for groceries etc & restaurants.
    The area does not have to be full of Brits but just where if we needed help with any situation that may arise, we could ask someone to help as at the moment we do not speak any Spanish.
    I am 57 & my husband is 60 but young at heart and in the head lol but not necessarily party animals. That is why we like it quiet at times for living.
    Please feel free to give any other advice or info as all is very much appreciated.
    you have done it now, you will get loads of great advice thrown at you. Actually there is so much available via the people on here, I think most of us eitehr live, visit 2 to 3 times a year and or want to end up also being swallows. Great to have you with us, enjoy, make friends and have a laugh.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 12:23

icmeller5 wrote:Thanks to everyone for your welcome & help & advice.

Hi Ich, se you are logged in, have you any thoughts on area's yet or anything you would like to know? When will you next be in Tenerife having a look? Use Tenerifesforumoffun.com, to get your answers.
    icmeller5
    icmeller5

Post by icmeller5 Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:39

Sorry topdog, seems I forgot to log out.
    Got a lot of info to go through as to where we would like to stay then have a look see if we can get somewhere to rent so as soon as we have decided will post message. I don't think we will get out there till we actually come out to stay long term so that is why we have to carefully go through the advice and information that you, Queenie and others have provided to me. Queenie sent me a lot of info but waiting for my son to come today to get the right programme to read them so looking forward to going through it.
    Can't wait to get away from this terrible weather here in the UK and this is Summer!!
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:48

icmeller5 wrote:Sorry topdog, seems I forgot to log out.
    Got a lot of info to go through as to where we would like to stay then have a look see if we can get somewhere to rent so as soon as we have decided will post message. I don't think we will get out there till we actually come out to stay long term so that is why we have to carefully go through the advice and information that you, Queenie and others have provided to me. Queenie sent me a lot of info but waiting for my son to come today to get the right programme to read them so looking forward to going through it.
    Can't wait to get away from this terrible weather here in the UK and this is Summer!!

Come up to Scotland, lovely and warm up here.... Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 997289320
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 14:52

No it has been a terrible summer, even though I am in the South.
    Things get updated all the time on here so keep an eye out.
    I personally will not buy to live initially but rent. This will give me an option to ensure I am where I want to be, not just Tenerife as I know that already but location, property type etc.
    Good Luck and don't worry about not logging out, others don't. :Big Smile:
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 16:42

Remember it's a renters market here at the moment so make sure you negotiate your rental. Also a good idea to get somewhere which includes the bills which makes it much easier for you and you at least know exactly where you stand.

Some areas are shocking for internet connection (if you are looking for that) Some apartments come with British TV included as well (although not internet)
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:21

Cruella de Vil wrote:Remember it's a renters market here at the moment so make sure you negotiate your rental. Also a good idea to get somewhere which includes the bills which makes it much easier for you and you at least know exactly where you stand.

Some areas are shocking for internet connection (if you are looking for that) Some apartments come with British TV included as well (although not internet)
    If you rent near Cruella you get to look after 101 dogs when she goes away.
    Anonymous

Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife Empty Advice on Renting

Post by Guest Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 9:58

Here's some very helpful information about renting on the islands.

Guide to Renting on the Islands
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 10:05

Morning Juba,

I think we should ask LR to move your post and make it a sticky, we need a Help section on the forum where this sort of thing can be easily found. Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 3318427985
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 14:08

Gypsy wrote:Morning Juba,

I think we should ask LR to move your post and make it a sticky, we need a Help section on the forum where this sort of thing can be easily found. Advice on long term rental & areas of South Tenerife 3318427985

Sorry I missed you this morning G. You can use any of the content on the site, no problem, just copy and paste it in its entirety for the forum with a link back if possible.:)
    I hope some will find the articles useful.
    The read-only forum on the site also has some articles you may want to use so worth a look.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 5:40