Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither. Empty Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither.

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 15:56

Things must be getting desperate when 6,000 people in Scotland had to be fed by a food bank after being referred as "emergency" situations. If this is happening in "rich" countries like the UK, what must it be like for poor countries? Canary Islands included? If these unemployed people in the Canaries only get "dole"equivalent to what they've paid in, and unemployment just now is standing at over 30% in the Canaries, they've probably used up by now whatever they put in. How the hell do these people eat?!

BBC Scotland
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither. Empty Re: Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither.

Post by Topdog Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 15:58

I know it doesn't help them food wise, but the people in Scotland need to keep warm too, not so in Canaries.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither. Empty Re: Ever heard of the "Trussell Trust"? Me neither.

Post by Mermaid Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 16:34

you are right there TD. It is so cold up here at times and pensioners sit in there hats and coats because they cannot afford to heat there rooms.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 16:43

Mermaid wrote:you are right there TD. It is so cold up here at times and pensioners sit in there hats and coats because they cannot afford to heat there rooms.
    Still got to buy hats and coats though.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 16:49

Topdog wrote:
    Mermaid wrote:you are right there TD. It is so cold up here at times and pensioners sit in there hats and coats because they cannot afford to heat there rooms.
    Still got to buy hats and coats though.

We have a lot of charity shops up here,some are better than others. It is sad to think they have worked all there lives and have come down to rock bottom
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 16:51

just found this link

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 5:06