Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Jimandsi
3rdforum
Topdog
Campbell Brodie
8 posters

HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy?

Anonymous

HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? Empty HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy?

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:58

I have been looking after a friends son since early afternoon and he has just gone home and I am absolutely shattered.

His mum has gone to the UK with his two little brothers and he has stayed behind with his dad as he was there just a couple of weeks ago. I have him again on Saturday and he is sleeping over as his dad is working so how do I keep him amused and me sane.

I am not used to boys having only daughters and grand-daughters who are easy, but today we have painted space marines, played a computer game, he helped make a jam sponge for dinner and looked at a large book we have on the Wild West. He is very good but everything is a million questions, why, what, how.

Please please give me some ideas of how to keep him amused for several hours. We will go to the beach at some point and walk the dogs but I hope not to have to resort to switching on the TV.

(I would have liked to get involved with the AI thread but my brain is frazzled) so I think a relatively early night. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 588840738

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? Empty Re: HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy?

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:59

Queenie wrote:I have been looking after a friends son since early afternoon and he has just gone home and I am absolutely shattered.

His mum has gone to the UK with his two little brothers and he has stayed behind with his dad as he was there just a couple of weeks ago. I have him again on Saturday and he is sleeping over as his dad is working so how do I keep him amused and me sane.

I am not used to boys having only daughters and grand-daughters who are easy, but today we have painted space marines, played a computer game, he helped make a jam sponge for dinner and looked at a large book we have on the Wild West. He is very good but everything is a million questions, why, what, how.

Please please give me some ideas of how to keep him amused for several hours. We will go to the beach at some point and walk the dogs but I hope not to have to resort to switching on the TV.

(I would have liked to get involved with the AI thread but my brain is frazzled) so I think a relatively early night. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 588840738

A gallon of gripe water should quieten him down...
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? Empty Re: HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy?

Post by Topdog Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:06

Take him to monkey park. The key to boys is letting them beat you at things,perhaps find out where he normally goes on a Saturday, perhaps he will have mates there that he normally plays with. You could sit and have coffee read the paper with one eye.
    Also ask him what he fancies doing, you may be surprised at the answer.
    Hope this helps your day go easier.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:14

Topdog wrote:Take him to monkey park. The key to boys is letting them beat you at things,perhaps find out where he normally goes on a Saturday, perhaps he will have mates there that he normally plays with. You could sit and have coffee read the paper with one eye.
    Also ask him what he fancies doing, you may be surprised at the answer.
    Hope this helps your day go easier.

Yes I was surprised when he asked if he could help me make the pudding, after dinner he declared it crackin and he wrote the recipe down so he could make it when his mum comes home next week as a surprise HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 838965131 I love Monkey Park so we may do that, but don´t really want to get involved with friends especially if it's something like football I might be expected to be goalie HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 3913804730
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:25

Very surprising how many young males enjoy cooking and especially baking, even better if you let them lick the bowl.
    Good luck.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 20:33

Bring him to the cinema or let him choose a dvd to watch. I know you said you wanted to keep him away from the TV but everyone deserves some chill out time
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:07

Give him some bits of wood, a hammer and a few nails and ask him to make you a garden ornament.

Boys love building.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:10

Take him to the pool, he will burn off all his excess energy and sleep like a baby HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 294053457
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:11

Get him insured first, boys love bruising!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:49

Perfectspecimen wrote:Get him insured first, boys love bruising!
    6 PINTS OF BEER.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:07

We have been playing Battle Ships and I won so the boys have now gone to the park with the dogs - Boys hate to be beaten by girls HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 3025408739

He is making a chocolate cake for pudding when they get back and when he goes home is taking half for his Dad. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 294053457

So far so good and not as worn out as in the week. :Happy:
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:29

Queenie wrote:We have been playing Battle Ships and I won so the boys have now gone to the park with the dogs - Boys hate to be beaten by girls HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 3025408739

He is making a chocolate cake for pudding when they get back and when he goes home is taking half for his Dad. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 294053457

So far so good and not as worn out as in the week. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 2133634253

Haha! What's it like being a mum again? HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 2133634253
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:36

Queenie wrote:We have been playing Battle Ships and I won so the boys have now gone to the park with the dogs - Boys hate to be beaten by girls HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 3025408739

So far so good and not as worn out as in the week. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 2133634253

This could be your new Job looking after boys. HELP! what do I do with a 9 year old boy? 2501716212
    innit
    innit

Post by innit Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 15:39

So far so good and not as worn out as in the week. :Happy:

You must be a lot fitter now,better and cheaper than a gym.He will have to teach you how to do this next Birds
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Sat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:43

Foster Carer training available.................................................. :Big Smile: :Big Smile:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 4:52