Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mcqueen
Jimandsi
6 posters

Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole .....

Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole ..... Empty Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole .....

Post by Jimandsi Mon 21 May 2012 - 17:09

"The Maldives are known as an unspoilt, paradise island destination for upmarket tourists but the BBC's Simon Reeve has paid a visit to a part of the Maldives that tourists do not see - a huge island waste dump."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole ..... Empty Re: Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole .....

Post by Mcqueen Mon 21 May 2012 - 17:16

Always wanted to go, but Janet said i would be bored silly, I thought i could spend my days swiming and diving, She could read anything that isnt bolted down, But i fear she is right, I cant sit doing bugger all, trained to seek a shilling all the time, An hour maybe then i would be looking around, Sad git i am
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole ..... Empty Re: Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole .....

Post by Mermaid Mon 21 May 2012 - 17:29

after looking at that report no-way would I go
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Mon 21 May 2012 - 18:48

I know its terrible and all, but what are they meant to do? They need tourists to survive, tourists expect their "idyllic" holiday where they have every comfort. All this produces waste. They have no landfill sites and if they built an incinerator, there would be uproar for blighting the landscape?? Catch 22 innit!
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Mon 21 May 2012 - 19:23

They could flog most of it to India, including the plastic bottles.

They will recycle anything. Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole ..... 294053457
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 21 May 2012 - 19:29

If they took the rubbish away everyday it wouldnt mount up.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 21 May 2012 - 19:58

Land reclamation innit, Canvey Island is made from Londons rubbish. Tenerife dosent need more land so it just gets dumped in the hills where you cant see it. Same thing really.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Mon 21 May 2012 - 21:15

Perfectspecimen wrote:Land reclamation innit, Canvey Island is made from Londons rubbish. Tenerife dosent need more land so it just gets dumped in the hills where you cant see it. Same thing really.
    and parts of London sold to the Indians.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Mon 21 May 2012 - 22:16

Hardly any natives left, me included. Dont recognise the place. Cant move for buses everywhere. "Hey, Saeed. Can you drive an automatic car?" "Just about Mr Livingstone Sir." "Get in that big red bus and drive that then." "Ooo, a thousand thank yous kind Sir" replied Saeed. "But dont I need to be a skilful driver to get through London traffic?" "No Saeed, I have made special bus lanes for you so you can sail past all the BMWs and Range Rovers with ease. I have even made one on the M4 so all your fellow countrymen can get to work at Heathrow in good time. Welcome to London."
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Mon 21 May 2012 - 22:25

Anyone been to the Maldives - what a shithole ..... 2485877773 Go on Vince let it out, Sound like a boat innit, But but but but but but

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 2 Jun 2024 - 8:03