Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
3rdforum
Gypsy
7 posters

Be careful you could end up with a bill

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Be careful you could end up with a bill Empty Be careful you could end up with a bill

Post by Gypsy Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 10:07

A new law which came into effect on the 1st July means the families of anyone who dies in the Canary Islands during a rescue from, or as a result of injuries sustained in accidents involving so-called extreme sports, are still liable to pay for the cost of emergency services and medical attention provided. Full Story

The last paragraph is a bit of an eye opener !!!
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Be careful you could end up with a bill Empty Re: Be careful you could end up with a bill

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 10:19

Hiking!!!
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Be careful you could end up with a bill Empty Re: Be careful you could end up with a bill

Post by Topdog Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 10:50

Bondage
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 12:50

And your insurance wont cover you if you're pissed either, becoming pointless going. Wonder what Skeggy's like this time of year.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 13:45

Don´t know about Skeggy but steer clear of Cleethorpes, they have people bombing around in those wally scooters. Transport

I told OH just as he was going horse riding that if he fell off not to send me the bill.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 14:47

How come they moan about the cost of rescue services being called out to the likes of sporting event accidents etc, then this is big news, its quackers...

Hope they had the correct training and certificates to carry out such a daring rescue... So proud of them, heroes they are.................

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-18693255

Be careful you could end up with a bill 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 15:10

“What did you do today daddy”

“I went to work, sat around for a while playing cards and pool with my mates, then I put on full length waders, high vis safety jacket, a hard hat, full safety harness, safety gloves etc, and got in our big red fire engine and went down the pond, we then blew up our rubber boat and saved a duck”

“What did you do with the duck daddy”

“Stir-fried it with some chillies, garlic, veg and noodles in soya sauce”

“Aw, I’m so proud of you daddy”

“Yeh, here’s a picture of me and my mate with the duck”

Be careful you could end up with a bill Captur41

“Who’s the blond lady daddy?”

“It’s your bed time”...
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 16:54

Adam Mint wrote:“What did you do today daddy”

“I went to work, sat around for a while playing cards and pool with my mates, then I put on full length waders, high vis safety jacket, a hard hat, full safety harness, safety gloves etc, and got in our big red fire engine and went down the pond, we then blew up our rubber boat and saved a duck”

“What did you do with the duck daddy”

“Stir-fried it with some chillies, garlic, veg and noodles in soya sauce”

“Aw, I’m so proud of you daddy”

“Yeh, here’s a picture of me and my mate with the duck”

Be careful you could end up with a bill Captur41

“Who’s the blond lady daddy?”

“It’s your bed time”...

Be careful you could end up with a bill 2485877773 Be careful you could end up with a bill 2485877773
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 16:55

Your story is funny Adam. Re the report I wonder how much it all cost just to get the duck free? You soon will be charged for walking down the road and falling due to a pothole.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 17:07

Nothing, they were sitting around doing F all waiting for the next training exercise...

Be careful you could end up with a bill 577704309
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 17:19

Don´t you let my lad hear you talking like that.

It might be true a lot of the time but I don´t envy them one little bit when they do get a call they don´t know whether they will come back home in one piece or not. Very brave men and women.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 17:48

Fair comment, but it’s a bit like the army etc, you know what you’re getting in to when you join, so don’t moan about it when your expected to do what your paid for.

My main gripe is about the continual whinging about the costs when they are called out to do something, be it the army at war or the fire brigade to a rescue, that’s what they are there for, they are being paid anyway, so may as well work for their money rather than it be spent on shooting at targets or saving plastic dummies...

Be careful you could end up with a bill 577704309
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 18:00

I agree I think many in the careers you have mentioned would rather be doing what they are paid to do, however I don´t think they are paid nearly as much as they are worth and all the talk about how much it costs certainly doesn´t go to the people doing the job it is spent on equipment, backroom jobs and pushing paper.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 18:12

Agreed, but on the subject of the topic, the equipments there anyway, yes when you use it there are costs involved, fuel, maintenance, replacement of product used etc, but the base costs of providing the service be it staff or equipment are there already, why provide a service then whinge when its use is called upon.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 18:21

I don´t think the whinging is when it is necessary but there are so many 'dickheads' out there that think they can go hiking in 30+ degrees wearing flip flops, or ride a quad bike with no training and no HELMET. The level of the tax IMO should be based on the level of stupidity of the person being rescued.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 20:07

This is me getting ready for my Masca walk

Be careful you could end up with a bill Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM5lcENZuW5uvYQdl6alnq45nucQVYQQCq0zbbr08S3VTqfqnu-g
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 20:17

3rdforum wrote:This is me getting ready for my Masca walk

Be careful you could end up with a bill Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM5lcENZuW5uvYQdl6alnq45nucQVYQQCq0zbbr08S3VTqfqnu-g

Watch out for them prickly pears...vicious they are!
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 20:20

Love the color of the swimming trunks
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 20:34

and this is D after passing the last house before the main trailBe careful you could end up with a bill Man-on-his-knees
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 4:47

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18715684
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 4:49

You want words now, fu#k and off come to mind.......................................

Be careful you could end up with a bill 65-6
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 5:47

So while other lifeguards are phoning the emergency services and beachgoers are pulling the guy to safety...........

Be careful you could end up with a bill 65-6...Be careful you could end up with a bill 65-6...Be careful you could end up with a bill 65-6
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 6:01

Posted this one some time back;

Just read the report on the lake drowning Mcqueen was on about, absolutely ridiculous. Some years back I was down at the local pond, there was a kid (a girl) of about twelve years old with a toddler in a pushchair, the toddler got out of the pushchair and fell straight in to the pond, I expected the girl to do something but she just stood and looked, there was no one else in the immediate vicinity, I immediately stopped what I was doing, ran twenty yards or so to the scene of the incident and jumped straight in, as it turned out the water was only about three foot deep but I did not know that, I grabbed the toddler and climbed out of the pond. The toddler was crying but ok, just as well as I had no idea as to resuscitation methods being only twelve or so myself at the time, I collected my toy yacht and went off home somewhat wet and cold to get changed, day at pond ruined.

Thank f#ck I had no training or toddler would probably have drowned...

Thought about posting this one at same time, but didn’t;

Another incident many years later, we were on holiday mainland Spain, lying at the pool I was watching a guy playing with his small kid which would have been less than a year old, the child was in one of those kiddie rubber rings that have a built in seat with two holes for the kid to put its legs through. The father was standing at the edge of the pool dropping the kid/rubber ring in to the pool, the kid seemed to enjoy, several times the father picked the kid up and drop it in, I noticed each time he was doing this he was dropping the kid from a bit more height. Dropping the kid one time the rubber ring upturned, the kid slipped straight out in to the depths of the pool, note it was the deep end, six foot plus deep, the father jumped straight in but it was immediately obvious he could not swim, and he also started to drown. The pool area was busy, but no one seemed to be aware of what was happening, the kid was under water and the father was just someone else splashing about! I immediately dived in from the opposite side of the pool, came up below the kid and basically deposited the kid basketball style on the side of the pool, I then turned and got hold of the father, he was a bit more of a fight, he kept grabbing hold of me pushing me under the water, I ended up under water standing on the floor of the pool pushing him to the edge, the child’s mother was there by this time, rescue over I about turned and disappeared while the commotion for a want of a better word took place, both were ok and there was no need for resuscitation, the mother (I suspect Spanish) was in a worse state than those involved. I got back to my sun-bed, wife looks up from her book, says where you been!

PS; any complexes out there need a part time lifeguard, no qualifications but a fast learner!

And who the fu#k trained the trainer..................
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 10:54

Fair play to you Adam. Be careful you could end up with a bill 3318427985
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 13:47

Medano Windsurfer First To Fall Foul Of Extreme Sports Law by Peter Jay News in the Sun

A 45-year-old El Medano windsurfer may be the first person in Tenerife to fall foul of the new extreme sports bailout charge.

According to data to a spokesman for the Emergency Coordination and Security Center (CECOES) the windsurfer got in to trouble when he was unable to get back to the beach under his own steam on Tuesday.

A Marine rescue boat, Emergency helicopter as well as Granadilla local police and Guardia Civil officers were all mobilised.

The helicopter winched the windsurfer out of the sea and he was transferred to Tenerife South airport, fortunately unharmed.

However, given that windsurfing is one of the sports listed as hazardous under Law 4/2012 of 25 June, this rescue could be the first one to be charged to the person concerned.

The cost would be quite high, just for helicopter use, 2,000 euros, plus 300 euros per hour for the marine rescue boat and crew, resulting in an total of of around 2,500 euros.

However, it seems unlikely the windsurfer will actually sanctioned – at least for the moment.

In typical Spanish bureaucratic fashion, it still remains to be decided which official body will instigate sanction procedures.

A spokeswoman for the General Directorate of Security and Emergency confirmed decisions concerning administrative procedures have yet to be finalised.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 10:28