Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Topdog
3rdforum
Gypsy
7 posters

Be careful you could end up with a bill

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Be careful you could end up with a bill

Post by Mermaid Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 13:53

Bet he hopes he will not be charged.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Empty Re: Be careful you could end up with a bill

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 15:15

Quiz.

Study below article then:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18719962

Q1. How many police vans and cars.

Q2. How many fire engines.

Q3. How many ambulances.

Q4. How many helicopters.

Q5. How many emergency service personnel, including dogs.

Q6. How much will the total cost be to the tax payer.

Q7. How many bombs.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 16:30

Gypsy wrote:I don´t think the whinging is when it is necessary but there are so many 'dickheads' out there that think they can go hiking in 30+ degrees wearing flip flops, or ride a quad bike with no training and no HELMET. The level of the tax IMO should be based on the level of stupidity of the person being rescued.

Explain the difference:

Scenario 1.

Dickhead gets in his car, drives down the TF1 or any other road in Tenerife to fast and crashes, he requires airlifting to hospital. “No Bill”...

Scenario 2.

Dickhead on holiday pays in to the Canarian economy by renting a quad bike, parasailing trip or the like, has an accident, needs airlifting to hospital. “Gets Billed”...

Scenario 3.

Dickhead gets on his bike wearing shorts and flip-flops, rides up to the top of Guaza volcano via path adjacent to El Rincon apartments to take photographs for this wonderful forum, breaks toe strap on flip-flop and requires airlifting home. “Should he be billed”...

Photos

Fish farm.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur23

Los Cristianos harbor, sorry about tower block spoiling picture.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Costam12

Los Cris harbor again, bloody tower block again.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur25

Argghhh can’t get rid of that efing tower block.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur26

Shit, nearly fell off leaning out from cliff to get this one of harbor minus tower block.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur27

Gave up on sea views to fecking dangerous, here’s some volcanoes.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur28
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 16:37

Would Donald Duck get a Bill.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 17:01

They ate him...

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur43

burp.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 17:15

Adam Mint wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:I don´t think the whinging is when it is necessary but there are so many 'dickheads' out there that think they can go hiking in 30+ degrees wearing flip flops, or ride a quad bike with no training and no HELMET. The level of the tax IMO should be based on the level of stupidity of the person being rescued.

Explain the difference:

Scenario 1.

Dickhead gets in his car, drives down the TF1 or any other road in Tenerife to fast and crashes, he requires airlifting to hospital. “No Bill”...

Scenario 2.

Dickhead on holiday pays in to the Canarian economy by renting a quad bike, parasailing trip or the like, has an accident, needs airlifting to hospital. “Gets Billed”...

Scenario 3.

Dickhead gets on his bike wearing shorts and flip-flops, rides up to the top of Guaza volcano via path adjacent to El Rincon apartments to take photographs for this wonderful forum, breaks toe strap on flip-flop and requires airlifting home. “Should he be billed”...

Photos

Fish farm.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur23

Los Cristianos harbor, sorry about tower block spoiling picture.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Costam12

Los Cris harbor again, bloody tower block again.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur25

Argghhh can’t get rid of that efing tower block.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur26

Shit, nearly fell off leaning out from cliff to get this one of harbor minus tower block.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur27

Gave up on sea views to fecking dangerous, here’s some volcanoes.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur28

Great pics Minty! Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 3318427985
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 17:44

Was just out on the bike one day and decided to take it with me up Guaza so I could explore a bit when up there, as said I was wearing flip-flops and shorts as had not planned journey. Some of the looks I got going up and down were amazing, especially from the “professional” hikers who had obviously planned their assent for months in advance, some of them had more kit than Hillary. Took me 15 minutes from bottom to top, partly cycling and partly with bike over shoulder, decent was faster!

By chance I had my phone with me and took a few pictures when up there, there was a bit cloud on the day in question hence the differing quality of photos.

Done Teide as well, bus up and rolled down, well the first 7km is up hill, no up a effing mountain, after that never touched the pedals untill back at sea level, was traveling light so no camera or phone with me that day.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 18:20

I walked up from Los Cris and it took me 40 mins to get to the masts. You got an engine on your bike? Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 3025408739
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 18:37

Those piccies could have been taken today it looks like we are in for another calima as the horizon is all misty just like those with the bloody tower block in the middle Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Smiley_0086
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 19:12

Sorry Cam, when I said top I meant from basically sea level to the plateau, the steep bit of the climb.

Gypsy, think the poor quality is also down to it being a basic phone camera, was mainly just clouding over with the sun breaking through occasionally, as for the tower block, yeh your right, but where would Cam & M stay?

Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 21:11

I agree it is a blot on the landscape,It is only because it is a private rental that I stay there and the charge is reasonable
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 21:57

IMO it is part of the landscape, we would miss it if it wasn´t there, one of the first complexes to be built for tourists so a part of our relatively recent history which we should hang on to.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:03

Mermaid wrote:I agree it is a blot on the landscape,It is only because it is a private rental that I stay there and the charge is reasonable

Tenerife is beautiful wherever you are Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 4248600970 enjoy xxxxx
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:11

Just to clarify AM, you cycled back from Teide to Los Cris??
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:23

No, freewheelrd
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:25

you been on one, just of phone from friend in Moy
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:29

Adam Mint wrote:you been on one, just of phone from friend in Moy

??? Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 3275847336
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:30

I didn't realise you were online now. I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm fecked. Goodnight mate.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 3:32

3rdforum wrote:Just to clarify AM, you cycled back from Teide to Los Cris??

36 miles, top speed 36mph, could have went faster but would have haved to have pedaled.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 4:54

Done the Teide thing about two years ago, back then “one” bus left PDLA bus station about 0900, I got on plus bike in boot at Los Cris 0910 and by then bus was full !!! Started decent at Teide cable car base, brilliant, downhill and across the caldron no prob, then the “hill” will be honest, I walked 50% cycled 50% that bit, took about half an hour, then,,,,,,, RoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Weather up there can be iffy, but I got a good day, only time I put on t-shirt was when I went through thin cloud on way down, only because wind effect due to speed I was doing chilled me.

I know you have kids and are down at Los G, but seeing the pictures of your kids and getting the feel they are adventurous, it could be a goer for you, as said the hill is an half hour walk, but bus will stop and let you of wherever you want so can get off pre top. Again as said I done it on a day with very little cloud so got great views of Gran Can etc, if I recall correctly Villa Flora was first civilisation I hit, nice bar on right hand side of road, but knowing you don’t drink !!!, there were a few picnic spots on the way down.

And I am genuine when I said after the first uphill bit no need for pedals.

Know it maybe a problem due to your location, but if you can hire bikes PDLA or preferably LC early enough to catch the bus and go “prepared” well worth it.

Gypsy can probably give you more up to date info on bus times and bike hire etc.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405 Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405

Last edited by Adam Mint on Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 5:20; edited 1 time in total
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 5:10

PS, dont do Los Cris to El Medino via Las Galletas and Los Abrigos etc, 36 m round trip as well, but for each downhill, there’s two up, and in 30 odd degrees, I was sweating,,,, beer................

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 737901405
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 5:44

Route in blue (roughly, I had a drink, not then now), hilly bit in black circle.

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Vvvvvv10
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 16:18

Adam Mint wrote:Quiz.

Study below article then:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-18719962

Q1. How many police vans and cars.

Q2. How many fire engines.

Q3. How many ambulances.

Q4. How many helicopters.

Q5. How many emergency service personnel, including dogs.

Q6. How much will the total cost be to the tax payer.

Q7. How many bombs.

ANSWERS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18738402

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur29
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 16:31

Adam Mint wrote:
    ANSWERS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18738402

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur29

all because of a electronic ciggy
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 16:43

I don t smoke, never have, good to see the law enforced, money well spent...

Be careful you could end up with a bill - Page 2 Captur46

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 12:41