Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+8
Mermaid
Jimandsi
Daryn
cunningham
BobMac
Campbell Brodie
Mcqueen
Gypsy
12 posters

What do you expect from a forum.

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

What do you expect from a forum. Empty What do you expect from a forum.

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 17:37

It looks as if we have only had 16 visitors today so far and out of those only 7 posted so if you are one of the people looking in and the majority of you look in at least once if not several times a day

What would make you answer a post.

What topic are you interested in and if it hasn´t been mentioned why don´t you start your own thread.

If you can´t tell us what would grab your attention and make you post, tell us why you DONT post.

We don´t bite, we don´t mind if you tell us we don´t have stimulating threads, every thread goes off topic within a couple of posts, we talk a load of rubbish (shite), it has been said before but it would be nice for people to give us their thoughts
    If you don´t like what is said here, tell us if we don´t know your feelings, how can we match your expectations and improve. What do you expect from a forum. 3275847336
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

What do you expect from a forum. Empty Re: What do you expect from a forum.

Post by Mcqueen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:01

Eye, Its a mystery What do you expect from a forum. 3275847336, I think we tried staying on topic, We also tried a female only place ?, Conversations do drift off but thats real life, So i dont dont know, Anybody that wants to drive for a bit get on with it, Anyone that feels somebody is responsable for it tel them in a PM, Say take a hike for a month i can do better, I would,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:12

Nice post Gypsy. No takers yet though. Maybe later...
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:21

Thanks Gypsy

Interesting post but the problem doesn't seem to be on this forum in particular. One of the other Tenerife forums is only managing between 15 & 20 posts a day at the moment.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:37

Thanks for your input Bob, hope others come along and have their say.

Not really interested in the amount of traffic elsewhere but having said that, would be interested to know why their new members always do an intro and ours can´t be bothered. Do other places not allow them to see posts until the have said something about themselves. Do we not ask them (I realise I should know the answer to that bit) but have not seen our welcome email - if we have one
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:49

Gypsy wrote:It looks as if we have only had 16 visitors today so far and out of those only 7 posted so if you are one of the people looking in and the majority of you look in at least once if not several times a day

What topic are you interested in and if it hasn´t been mentioned why don´t you start your own thread.

If you can´t tell us what would grab your attention and make you post, tell us why you DONT post.

We don´t bite, we don´t mind if you tell us we don´t have stimulating threads, every thread goes off topic within a couple of posts, we talk a load of rubbish (shite), it has been said before but it would be nice for people to give us their thoughts
    If you don´t like what is said here, tell us if we don´t know your feelings, how can we match your expectations and improve. What do you expect from a forum. 3275847336
    hello mum,and all.What do you expect from a forum. 1293356558 maybe its because people dont want to post on here for fear of upsetting people elsewhere. feck em all.What do you expect from a forum. 3417148095 i see we have quite a few new members,only to contribute feckall.What do you expect from a forum. 1498946960
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:50

ohhhhhhhh where did my post go lol
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:53

Daryn wrote:ohhhhhhhh where did my post go lol
    hope there wasnt a cheque in your post.What do you expect from a forum. 3025408739
    Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Post by Daryn Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:55

LOL Im not writing all that again lol
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 18:59

Daryn wrote:LOL Im not writing all that again lol
    mmmmm, big cheque eh?What do you expect from a forum. 2931609686
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:08

I think Howard has a point, Quite a few have joined from elsewhere only to vanish, I wonder if they get the HM treatment like make your mind up where you want to be, What do you expect from a forum. 3275847336, We know for certain they was reading PM's, Vince got the boot for talking to me for one,
    Quite a few big hitters joined up, Then buggered off back, Did they get the hard word, A lot depend on other places for work, so they will continue to wear brown polo necks,
    Also a lot feel sorry for those that back something with large amounts of money so they can rule the roost, Only for it to go tits up, People are like sheep and lemins, follow me - Oh crickey that went badly,
    Who knows, I dont for sure,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:09

Gypsy wrote:Thanks for your input Bob, hope others come along and have their say.

Not really interested in the amount of traffic elsewhere but having said that, would be interested to know why their new members always do an intro and ours can´t be bothered. Do other places not allow them to see posts until the have said something about themselves. Do we not ask them (I realise I should know the answer to that bit) but have not seen our welcome email - if we have one

Here's our confirmation e-mail...
    What do you expect from a forum. Captu447
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:11

Gypsy wrote:It looks as if we have only had 16 visitors today so far and out of those only 7 posted so if you are one of the people looking in and the majority of you look in at least once if not several times a day

I would have thought that was self-explanatory Gypsy.....

They have joined TFoF just to lurk and report back to you know who. What do you expect from a forum. 1554180325

or

They have joined and don't like what they read. :pc2:

Simples. What do you expect from a forum. 294053457

cunningham wrote:
    hello mum,and all.What do you expect from a forum. 1293356558 maybe its because people dont want to post on here for fear of upsetting people elsewhere. feck em all.What do you expect from a forum. 3417148095 i see we have quite a few new members,only to contribute feckall.What do you expect from a forum. 1498946960

Hiya H,

Your first post for ages and once again - you've hit the nail on the head. Bravo. What do you expect from a forum. 3318427985

Now feck off ! What do you expect from a forum. 3025408739
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:28

It seems strange to go to the trouble of registering and activating the welcome email and not come back and post. Some do log back in,but do not post maybe because they feel they have nothing to contribute. Some people do not post often and that is ok but it would be nice if they popped in and posted. Their are many reasons as to why it is quiet at the moment. Sports,football,golf now the olympics. Summer holidays. The nice weather so people are outside and not stuck indoors on here. Many work remember.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:43

And some look in just so they can have a nose around and report supposedly racial comments - all I can say is that I cannot see anything racial about telling people a black family has moved to your village and that you are still seen as an outside after 22 years because you are a cockney.

Well to my mind the people who are doing the reporting are pretty sick if they think that comment is racial or they are out to try and cause trouble? People have been banned from other forums as being undesirable I just hope this joker doesn´t join here as IMO this sort of person is truly undesirable.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 19:56

Me personally??

I joined for a bit of craic,fun,arguments....and to meet friends.
    I think to much emphasis is put on other forums and their members,tbh...not by everyone I must add.
    IMO this is the best spot at the minute if only people would forget about other places.
    Only my opinion.What do you expect from a forum. 294053457
    sgd
    sgd

Scotland Male Posts : 36

Post by sgd Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 20:36

Mmmm, where to start ;)

Forums are strange places, many are set up to be a place where people can get a lot of information on a particular subject and a lot of their members will be casual who dip in and out as they need to find details about whatever the Forum 'expertise' is. These are only as good as the 'core members' of the Forum are in either posting information on a regular basis or answering queries from searching members.

Sometimes these 'core members' forget why the Forum was set up and it becomes a bit of a 'community/coffee' place for them just to chit chat amongst themselves and so the information flow slows or stops.

Sometimes it can even get to the point where they get upset by 'newbies' daring to ask or question something ;) then the fun can start as people think that there are 'clicks' (or is it 'cliches' - you know what I mean!) and then toys get thrown out of the pram, then there is a clear out of members to try to get the place back to how it was and the circle starts again.

Other Forums are just set up as an on-line chat place for a bit of banter between like minded individuals and generally, I believe, these do not grow massively from the core members that set them up. It can be more interesting than the tele and of course cheaper than going out to the Pub. People will often hear about these places and sign up to see what they are all about, lurk for a while and then decide if they want to stay. I don't think I know of anyone that has ever cancelled a membership of a Forum, usually they just stop signing in and the membership becomes dormant and one of many.

The internet has developed massively over the past few years and I guess you can sort of liken it to the South of Tenerife ... there are still the same amount of people visiting its just that they are spread out over a larger area now. Some go to 'All Inclusive' and never go outside to see what else there is. Others prefer 'Self Catering' staying somewhere they feel at home, but going out now and again to try different places (am I making sense or just rambling now?).

With Social Media today, you have Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, You Tube and thats only the 'English' language ones, what about Tuenti and all the others that have cropped up. People chat on Facebook much more than they used to do, and they can set up Groups on there too (just look at the recent Groups that sprung up about the Fires we just experienced here on the Island). Add to that Skype or even 'free calls' on landlines that some providers allow and you can begin to see how everything can be diluted.

I check 4 forums most days, however do not necessarily contribute to any one of them, I tend to glance at the titles and only open a post if it catches my eye. I may or may not even read it right through if it is not what I expected. If it looks like I can add something useful or help someone then I will put my two penneth worth in (although on some Forums I have used PMs for this to avoid any backlash or sarcky (is that a word?) comments from others!).

I have to say that I tend to be posting here more than the others recently, although that is still not often. I have looked at some of the threads on here sometimes however and the sense of humour just isnt the same as mine and so I do not join in. Not everyone is the same, and thank goodness for that too :)

Whenever I do post here though I am ALWAYS made to feel a part of the Forum, sometimes even made to feel guilty for not participating more, but I know that I can post when I want to do. I don't think I will ever be joining in with all the 'fun and frolics' that go on here, but just because it is not right for me doesn't mean its not right for someone else.

I do reccommend this Forum now and there is a link from The Beach to here, whether anyone views or follows it is another matter, but its there!

Blimey, how much have I written? Well, I will just say in my opinion, unless you are looking for World domination (and I am sure there will be a few quips at that comment!) just enjoy your Forum for the place it is and if people join and stay then great, as long as it works for the regular members (not members that are 'regular') that should be all that matters.

What do you expect from a forum. 903464087
    sgd
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 20:44

What a great reply Sgd, I wish we could have more than one thank you button because I would certainly be pressing it now. Great input...... Thank You. What do you expect from a forum. 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 20:47

Very nice post Steve. Thanks for that pal. Once you start a blog, nothing less than 5,000 words is good enough eh? What do you expect from a forum. 3025408739
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 20:51

a great epic post Steve What do you expect from a forum. 3318427985
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 21:15

I thought i could yap What do you expect from a forum. 3025408739 Well put Steve, I thought of that but ive been too busy to post it, What do you expect from a forum. 871748619,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 21:29

Jeez, more in one post than I write in a week. What do you expect from a forum. 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 21:36

Gypsy wrote:And some look in just so they can have a nose around and report supposedly racial comments - all I can say is that I cannot see anything racial about telling people a black family has moved to your village and that you are still seen as an outside after 22 years because you are a cockney.

Well to my mind the people who are doing the reporting are pretty sick if they think that comment is racial or they are out to try and cause trouble? People have been banned from other forums as being undesirable I just hope this joker doesn´t join here as IMO this sort of person is truly undesirable.
    I got barred from a forum for calling myself a Romany and I didn't even report myself, HMMMMMMM What do you expect from a forum. 3275847336 What do you expect from a forum. 1498946960
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 21:50

Hey .....

Anyone heard from SusieF lately ?

I used to give her some stick elsewhere because she had a rusty old caravan on camp Naughty.

She used to get so wound up !

What do you expect from a forum. 2485877773
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 25 Jul 2012 - 21:55

I was pissed when I wrote that Gypsy, I am now sober. It could get worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 8:34