Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+5
cunningham
Gypsy
Joel David
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
9 posters

Alleged abuse at Live Arico

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Alleged abuse at Live Arico Empty Alleged abuse at Live Arico

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 8:59

There's a real brouha starting on another forum about Eugenio "allegedly" punching and kicking his dogs. Someone posted a pretty compelling video and put it on youtube...

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Alleged abuse at Live Arico Empty Re: Alleged abuse at Live Arico

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 9:08

Oh dear, All about Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2472758156 I remember reading stuff about that place a few years back, Hope somebody knocks seven shades out of him one day,
    Seems to happen alot with animal places, That elephant getting beaten, And donkeys all mistreated,
    They may start off meaning well but seems like it wears them down, No excuse though, Pack it in if it becomes too much,
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 9:32

Too many dogs on the island already, But you read posts like "How can i bring my dog from the UK he dont like flying" ?WTF ? Its always skint members that have a pack of dogs with them, Start again i say, Round all the strays up and eat them that should calm things down a bit, Who remembers the Port royal thread ?, FFS its a pack of wild dogs and some pillock is at the bottom of the mountain trying to round them up ? Why, If you want a dog or even two look after the bleading things, dont let them run aroung shiting all over the place, That row of bars opposite the Arona Gran the pavement outside is covered in the stuff, All the Nesbits from los angelis let there dogs out to crap all over, Never seen anybody clean it up, Irisponsable owners thats the dog problem, Soon as they run out of money and head for the Uk its goodbye dog, Simple thing is there are too many dogs, And some people are making money out of it, Charitys my arse,
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 9:56

I am personaly sickened by that video, i had heard about it and have to admit to not truly believing it as there are people who have their own agenda in mind when posting video's that could be misconstrued or taken out of context, this one appears not so to be.Whenever i have performed either at Aries Bar on the Amarilla or Placeres restaurant in Abrigos I have personaly given several hundred euros raised from giving away my albums in exchange for donations to both L.A and K9, and i know that Suzi Q has worked tirelessly to raise funds to keep the unfortunate creatures sheltered from harm after being abandoned by callous insidious "owners" the word used very loosely. It must be a very difficult job trying to look after so many dogs especialy when they are alltogether, they will fight amongst themselves and often try to kill each other because that's what dogs do in a pack, it is possible that one dog was being attacked by several others and the man was trying to prevent it? i have been in a situation when my own dog was being attacked by 3 dogs whilst out walking, i love animals of any creed and would never deliberatly hurt them but to stop my dog from being killed i had to 'kick' the attacking dogs. I pray that this is what occured in this video however i fear that it may have been gratuitous cruelty. I do hope that this does not deter people from helping the unfortunate creatures in donating and L.A. need to make a full statement very quickly to salvage their credibility. It really is not the fault of the dogs for being in the situation that they are and i totaly agree with M.Q. about dog crap but that really is down to the crettins that allow them to do it, and there are some shadowy bods who purport to run charities for their own selfish gain and it's sometimes difficult to differentiate between the good and the bad but without them the world would be a much worse place. A very sad situation.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:17

Well said that man Alleged abuse at Live Arico 3318427985.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:33

As you know I love dogs (probably more than people) but I do not believe it is good to keep so many together in one place. I have always gone along with the putting to sleep of those that are dangerous and cannot be re-homed or those who are too old or ill to have a quality life. From this basic principle alone, (which is the direct opposite of LA) while supporting on occasions with donations I have never become involved.

I heard a long time ago about the cruelty but have only now seen the video on this link there are more but I could not bear to look at them as I know it would be too upsetting.

We now have to move forward this afternoon I will be at a charity event in Costa del Silencio to raise money to send 6 dogs to the UK where they have homes. Don´t really understand why people would say they will have them but don´t pay for their transport - but hey that's just me if you are going to take on an animal you do whatever it needs. I just hope they go to good homes. I also hope that the new rescue get's its act together quickly and those that did great work for LA will continue with the fund raising and not let personal issues override what is important which is the dogs and their well-being.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:36

Another great post from somebody that knows, Alleged abuse at Live Arico 4248600970
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Post by cunningham Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 10:48

Mcqueen wrote:Well said that man Alleged abuse at Live Arico 3318427985.
    well that's put the cat amongst the pigeons reg . tell you what reg that bloke has a good right foot and a great left hook, he would have made a good footballer or boxer, as for a fecking dog lover.Alleged abuse at Live Arico 3707059870 what a twat. i wont be donating any more money to that lot,i just banned my wife from the charity chop in los cris. put the lot down, best end to it.Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2839888827
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 11:07

cunningham wrote: well that's put the cat amongst the pigeons reg . tell you what reg that bloke has a good right foot and a great left hook, he would have made a good footballer or boxer, as for a fecking dog lover.Alleged abuse at Live Arico 3707059870 what a twat. i wont be donating any more money to that lot,i just banned my wife from the charity chop in los cris. put the lot down, best end to it.Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2839888827

That's not the way forward son, there are other animal charities that desperately need your money I will always take it for K9, there is also the Cat's Aid You have to think about the animals involved not the people otherwise you would do nothing.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 14:41

Gypsy wrote:

That's not the way forward son, there are other animal charities that desperately need your money I will always take it for K9, there is also the Cat's Aid You have to think about the animals involved not the people otherwise you would do nothing.
    sorry mum but where there are charities you will always have people that cant wait to con you. just been reading some very interesting posts on tf,some people are so predictable.lol. i believe in the policy adopted by the r.s.p.c.a. i think they no what they are doing dont you mum? been around long enough eh? thats the way foward mum.
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Spain Female Posts : 3067

Post by Cruella de Vil Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 15:07

Well a statement has been made as to the way forward for Live Arico, however there is no mention of reducing the numbers. If these dogs are living in squalor because there is not enough money to go around, this in itself is abuse!!
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:34

Gypsy wrote:As you know I love dogs (probably more than people) but I do not believe it is good to keep so many together in one place. I have always gone along with the putting to sleep of those that are dangerous and cannot be re-homed or those who are too old or ill to have a quality life. From this basic principle alone, (which is the direct opposite of LA) while supporting on occasions with donations I have never become involved.

I heard a long time ago about the cruelty but have only now seen the video on this link there are more but I could not bear to look at them as I know it would be too upsetting.

We now have to move forward this afternoon I will be at a charity event in Costa del Silencio to raise money to send 6 dogs to the UK where they have homes. Don´t really understand why people would say they will have them but don´t pay for their transport - but hey that's just me if you are going to take on an animal you do whatever it needs. I just hope they go to good homes. I also hope that the new rescue get's its act together quickly and those that did great work for LA will continue with the fund raising and not let personal issues override what is important which is the dogs and their well-being.
    sending dogs to uk, ffs that's the most ridiculous thing i have heard, tell the nobheads to nip round to the rspca,before they put there unwanted dogs down. have you lost the plot mum?Alleged abuse at Live Arico 1498946960 how much is it per dog to be flown to uk?
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 16:56

After reading various comments on Facebook yesterday I sent an email to Alice who is fostering 4 of the 6 dogs that have homes to go to in the UK. I said because it was hard to know what was true and what was not that I was not happy handing over money at this stage. I know that in the past she has always had to feed the dogs she fosters from LA out of her own pocket and she said after a couple of bags of food at the beginning they have been funding this themselves. I have agreed with her to drop off a couple of bags of food to help out.

In answer to your question H, as to how much it costs I did read that they were wanting to raise €2000 to send the 6 dogs to the UK. I said to Alice I couldn´t understand why people who had taken them on would not be paying all their transfer costs. She did say that to the best of her knowledge the new owners have contributed too, so the answer would be something in excess of €350 per dog.

I hope that for all the dogs sakes things get sorted out quickly, but having looked at the Fecapap facebook page they have posted photos of the refuge and while it may not be 5 star it looks as if they have the basics in place, shelter, water, space and hopefully when people start to fund raise again it will improve. This is the link to the images and the dogs look happy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 17:04

Gypsy wrote:After reading various comments on Facebook yesterday I sent an email to Alice who is fostering 4 of the 6 dogs that have homes to go to in the UK. I said because it was hard to know what was true and what was not that I was not happy handing over money at this stage. I know that in the past she has always had to feed the dogs she fosters from LA out of her own pocket and she said after a couple of bags of food at the beginning they have been funding this themselves. I have agreed with her to drop off a couple of bags of food to help out.

In answer to your question H, as to how much it costs I did read that they were wanting to raise €2000 to send the 6 dogs to the UK. I said to Alice I couldn´t understand why people who had taken them on would not be paying all their transfer costs. She did say that to the best of her knowledge the new owners have contributed too, so the answer would be something in excess of €350 per dog.

I hope that for all the dogs sakes things get sorted out quickly, but having looked at the Fecapap facebook page they have posted photos of the refuge and while it may not be 5 star it looks as if they have the basics in place, shelter, water, space and hopefully when people start to fund raise again it will improve. This is the link to the images and the dogs look happy.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150994718268940.422070.522808939&type=1
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] not wishing to have an argument mum, no coment .Alleged abuse at Live Arico 1498946960
    Joel David
    Joel David

UK Male Posts : 128

Post by Joel David Sun 5 Aug 2012 - 23:01

The topic of this thread is highly imotive, quite simply there are those among us who care about the well being of defenceless animals and those who don't. I respect both points of view as we are all entitled to them and i would never argue or try to change the opinion of some-one who has no feeling or compassion for the wellfare of animals. I personaly do care and help if i can and when i can in my own way, i have read so many posts on various forums calling for animals in overcrowded situations to be 'put down' or 'put to sleep', these are dressed up ways of saying 'kill them' as they would be better off dead!. If those poor creatures could speak and you offered them that alternative i have a pretty good inclination of what their answer would be. It may be so that L.A. did lose the plot and take on more animals that they could humanely deal with, but i truly believe they did it with good intention an an effort to prevent some from being 'put down'/killed. Some of us are under the misconception that the proccess of 'putting an animal down' is that that some kind hearted vet turns up and sings them nursery rhymes whilst they inject them with a potion that sends them off to heaven. If they were to see the actual horrendous reality of them being herded into a shed that has no ventilation and then gassed i think they may just think twice about the easy option of 'putting them down'. There is no simple solution and images of what may be percieved as senceless cruelty certainly do not help, the recent pictures showing their new 'home' is encouraging but if the 'culling brigade' had had their way many of those creatures would never have survived to be re-housed. Charity can sometimes be a dirty word as quite often some people use it for their own selfish benifit, either to promote themselves or their businesses or to bleed off the lions share of what kind hearted people donate to them. I personaly believe that the people running L.A had good intention and were faced with the horrible dilema of either turning abandoned animals away or killing them, it's easy for those of us who are oblivious to reality, sit on the sidelines and say "it's more humane to put them down", but i would not like to be in the shoes of the people who would have to make that decision. I do hope that this episode does not deter those of us who do care about the welfare of abandoned animals from donating to genuine animal refuge centres.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 1:32

i go along with gypsy... my dog makes me lauf and is great company while gf is stuck in russia .....
    but stray dogs who cant be found a local home should be put to sleep ..... i know it sounds hard but with things as they are need to keep the numbers down on this small island ...
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 13:25

I'm with Gypsy and TV too Alleged abuse at Live Arico 871748619
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 13:28

Cruella de Vil wrote:I'm with Gypsy and TV too Alleged abuse at Live Arico 871748619
    hi linda, ben, carrol and kev not turned up then? Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2485877773
    Cruella de Vil
    Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 14:19

Leaving just now Howard Alleged abuse at Live Arico 871748619
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 14:24

Cruella de Vil wrote:Leaving just now Howard Alleged abuse at Live Arico 871748619
    hope you all behave yourselves, dont do anything i wouldnt do.Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2485877773 Alleged abuse at Live Arico 2485877773
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 14:24

Me too don´t have to be there until 3.00pm
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:38

Seen this video for the first time today.
    Disgusted!
    I left these scum books and clothes in the shop in February...never again.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 19:54

CC, some of the helpers knew nowt of what was going on and People like SuzieQ worked tirelessly, such a shame. Some of them are still doing as much as they can to keep the dogs well. Such a shame that some people can ruin things with such terrible behaviour.
    CaribeCelt
    CaribeCelt

Ireland Male Posts : 1045

Post by CaribeCelt Wed 29 Aug 2012 - 21:16

Topdog wrote:CC, some of the helpers knew nowt of what was going on and People like SuzieQ worked tirelessly, such a shame. Some of them are still doing as much as they can to keep the dogs well. Such a shame that some people can ruin things with such terrible behaviour.

Has that scumbag been charged or what??
    I am sure certain helpers were unaware but I wouldn't leave them a sock now tbh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 3:58