Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Blyth Spirit
searcher
6 posters

Malaga report

searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Malaga report Empty Malaga report

Post by searcher Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 16:40

As promised here is my trip report, arrived on time [trumpets blasting] weather was very kind ,we had clouds every morning but they cleared by midday and the temperature was around 19c each day in fact I got caught out the first day and paid the price with a bright red face.

Malaga was very busy and looked quite clean and tidy, prices are very good ,we went into the one of the nicest bar/cafes we have ever been in and were prepared for a shock, we only ordered cafe con leche and a large vino blanco, the cost 4 euro needless to say not so nice places were slightly cheaper.

We used the local trains quite a lot and visited various resorts along the coast, most looked a bit run down especially Torremolinos which was filthy and looked as if it was really suffering a lot of hardship, but hey ho the prices were through the roof especially in one Irish bar we went into , a small wine and a half pint of the black stuff set us back 10 euro needless to say we won,t be back , Benalmadena on the other hand was buzzing and looked as if it was really prospering, we had lunch in an Italian restaurant overlooking the marina, we had a huge pizza siciliana, a very big mixed salad and a large side of french fries all washed down with a couple of drinks each [soft and wine] and the bill was under 30 euros, and we shall be back,almost forgot the bill also included two of the best coffees we have ever had.

All in all it was a very successful break and put us in the mood for Tenerife next month, by the way Cam we met a lovely couple from your home town John who is a retired fireman and Jeanette his wife.

Journey home again ontime [more trumpets] we hope to repeat this experience more frequently in future as it really is great value for money
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Malaga report Empty Re: Malaga report

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 17:12

Malaga report 294053457

We love Malaga superb city so much great culture great buzzing cafe culture love the back street in the centre and an excellent transport system.

The train system down the coast is immaculate and one of best we've every been on and so cheap.
    Agree about Torremolinos not that struck on it bit there are some nice areas out towards the Benalmadena marina La Carrihulea if memory serves me right.
    Benalmadena Marina is excellent for food and surprisingly cheap considering its in the heart of the marina.

Did you venture up to the Arroyo de Meil part of Benalmadena (know as the Royal by locals) great up there much more Spanish some lively tapas bars and the odd long established ex pat bars proper bars owned by ex pays who've lived out there for year & years one called Raffles just off train station is superb, very nice lady runs it so friendly.
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 20:25

Yes we agree Arroya de la meil is lovely , that was the station we arrived at , we didn,t know Benalmadena had so many stations , the only thing that lets it down are the lookie lookie men there are thousands of them, Tenerife has nowhere as many as the costas, the price of a trip on the railway is great , most journeys cost 1-65euro and if you return within 2 hours it,s free, another thing that lets Benalmadena down is the dogs dodo, we never spoke to a Brit who didn,t have at least one dog, there are signs in all the parks saying it is illegal to abandon dogs so maybe us softies are fulfilling a need by adopting all the strays
    Blyth Spirit
    Blyth Spirit

England Male Posts : 1239

Post by Blyth Spirit Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 21:13

Totally agree about the lookie lookie men the prom is full if them, mind there not pushy in fact quite the opposite their rather jovial.
    Last May we took the bus to Marbella from Feungirola and it was exec with lookie lookie men but there all got off at a random bus stop near a camp site a good distance outside Marbella, someone on the bus pointed out they all lived on the same camp site !.
    Sure enough on our way back several hours later they were waiting for return bus ready to start there nocturnal shift.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 22:06

Thanks for the report Searcher. Any photos you'd be willing to share??
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 22:15

When we go together just Val and I we don,t bother taking a camera as we always end up with just Val in all the photos, when we go with the family we do take photos though
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Thu 13 Dec 2012 - 22:19

Nice report.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 1:24

Lovely area of the peninsula I like Mijas especially now it has a new chocolate factory. We stayed in Estepona earlier this year and will probably go back as there was so much to see and do. Apart from Gib which I hated.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 14 Dec 2012 - 21:40

Gypsy wrote:Lovely area of the peninsula I like Mijas especially now it has a new chocolate factory. We stayed in Estepona earlier this year and will probably go back as there was so much to see and do. Apart from Gib which I hated.

Them feckin' monkeys are vicious gits...
    searcher
    searcher

Post by searcher Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:03

We all knock Gib myself included but there is no getting away from the fact that you can pick up some real bargains ,we looked at a 42in Samsung H.D/3D/ SMART T.V which was no thicker than a I-phone and it was under £600 , we settled for a Ltr of Havana club 7 years for £9-99p
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:33

I have moved this thread guys because it was posted in 'OFF TOPIC' and I am sure that is not the correct place.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:52

Gypsy wrote:I have moved this thread guys because it was posted in 'OFF TOPIC' and I am sure that is not the correct place.

I've created a new forum called "Trip Reviews" Gypsy, I'll move it to there. Malaga report 294053457

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 0:47