Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Campbell Brodie
Jimandsi
cunningham
Gypsy
8 posters

Wow we are busy on a Sunday

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Wow we are busy on a Sunday Empty Wow we are busy on a Sunday

Post by Gypsy Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 13:01

After we had so many people looking in last Sunday I have just done a check to see who is on line, we have 18 guests looking in from as far afield as Russia and USA plus of course Peanut who is here every day but yet to post. :Crazy:
    cunningham
    cunningham

Wales Male Posts : 3211

Wow we are busy on a Sunday Empty Re: Wow we are busy on a Sunday

Post by cunningham Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 13:18

Gypsy wrote:After we had so many people looking in last Sunday I have just done a check to see who is on line, we have 18 guests looking in from as far afield as Russia and USA plus of course Peanut who is here every day but yet to post. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 2908439648
    yep, along with 16 other lurkers.Wow we are busy on a Sunday 811500621 Wow we are busy on a Sunday 2219006651 just had a look 47 now online,beats yesterdays record of 32.
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 14:11

I've just been elsewhere and it's as dead as a Dodo. :sleep2:

So they could all be having a nose around here. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 2761542443

---

That's me nearly all done now peeps. Just a game of golf tomorrow, then del Duque for a couple of weeks.
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 14:16

Jimandsi wrote:I've just been elsewhere and it's as dead as a Dodo. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 4047409108

So they could all be having a nose around here. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 2761542443

---

That's me nearly all done now peeps. Just a game of golf tomorrow, then del Duque for a couple of weeks.
    has someone warned them of your visit?Wow we are busy on a Sunday 3077217049 good afternoon jimbo.Wow we are busy on a Sunday 294053457
    Jimandsi
    Jimandsi

England Male Posts : 1361

Post by Jimandsi Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 14:27

From what I've heard, the South is virtually deserted.

Despite all the hype and bullshit being posted elsewhere about record numbers of holidaymakers and Tenerife's tourist industry "booming" there seems to be one thing missing:-

Mr Tourist.

I'll get myself some tatts, an earring and a footy shirt with a pillow stuffed down the front and wander up and down LC prom whinging about the beer prices to make up for them, I think.

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 14:32

Jimandsi wrote:

Despite all the hype and bullshit being posted elsewhere about record numbers of holidaymakers and Tenerife's tourist industry "booming" there seems to be one thing missing:-

Mr Tourist.

I'll get myself some tatts, an earring and a footy shirt with a pillow stuffed down the front and wander up and down LC prom whinging about the beer prices to make up for them, I think.

Have a good holiday Jimbo. Let's hear all about it when you get back. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 997289320
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 14:42

Jimandsi wrote:

Mr Tourist.

yep bullshit.pure propaganda, be sure to wave to us on the las vistas webcam.we cant miss you its as dead as a dodo.its never like that on sunday afternoon in winter.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 15:22

Jimandsi wrote:

Mr Tourist.

Have a good holiday Jimbo, I'll look out for you too. We can do a forum meet up, just the 2 of us and all the lurkers peeping round the corners Wow we are busy on a Sunday 3025408739 Wow we are busy on a Sunday 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 15:26

I will be there in 10 days time, no parking problems or traffic jams then.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 16:20

Why would anyone want to leave this lovely weather?
    Wow we are busy on a Sunday Rain10
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 16:37

I have only the odd shower Cam but not very warm. Is that your disabled parking bay outside? And your jungle needs cutting back..........
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:00

Perfectspecimen wrote:I have only the odd shower Cam but not very warm. Is that your disabled parking bay outside? And your jungle needs cutting back..........
    yea, get the black and deckers out cam instead of farting about on here all day.Wow we are busy on a Sunday 3077217049
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:02

Perfectspecimen wrote:I have only the odd shower Cam but not very warm. Is that your disabled parking bay outside? And your jungle needs cutting back..........
    Nope, there's an empty house next to me, couple went into care though their stuff is still in the house. It was his disabled space too. We didn't get on with them, glad they're gone but don't know who'll turn up next. Wow we are busy on a Sunday 1498946960
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:06

I can move in then, you will like that, just fired up a boat engine with no exhaust on. Great on a Sunday afternoon.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:11

Perfectspecimen wrote:I can move in then, you will like that, just fired up a boat engine with no exhaust on. Great on a Sunday afternoon.

Was it an outboard? Hope you had it in a barrel of water...
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:18

No, 1100cc inboard, sounds sweet. Thanks ebay.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:28

The Lone Ranger wrote:

Was it an outboard? Hope you had it in a barrel of water...
    How come you know about that Cam, A big no no because you melt the rubber tips on the water pump, if you dont, very costly, and annoying,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 17:42

Underdog wrote:
    How come you know about that Cam, A big no no because you melt the rubber tips on the water pump, if you dont, very costly, and annoying,

Was in the Royal Engineers mate, had to do watermanship and boating, heavy ferries etc for getting tanks across rivers. Great fun
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 18:07

Wow we are busy on a Sunday 459784477 Wow, I bet thats a great life, playing with big toys, I watched some on tv, They were like them dukw, known as ducks, they drove into the river and the sides came down, joined them all up, and hey presto, a bridge strong enough to drive a tank over, Must cost a fortune to buy and use,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 18:18

Underdog wrote:Wow we are busy on a Sunday 459784477 Wow, I bet thats a great life, playing with big toys, I watched some on tv, They were like them dukw, known as ducks, they drove into the river and the sides came down, joined them all up, and hey presto, a bridge strong enough to drive a tank over, Must cost a fortune to buy and use,
    I was the Command Vehicle driver on an Armoured Personnel Carrier and also the Troop Signals NCO. Worst bit about that was when we had to camouflage the vehicles I had to do mine myself as the only other 2 people in it were a staff sergeant and a lieutenant, they weren't about to help me...also we had to keep a listening watch throughout the night on the radios. I ended up doing most of that too...gits!
    cunningham
    cunningham

Post by cunningham Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 18:22

The Lone Ranger wrote:
    I was the Command Vehicle driver on an Armoured Personnel Carrier and also the Troop Signals NCO. Worst bit about that was when we had to camouflage the vehicles I had to do mine myself as the only other 2 people in it were a staff sergeant and a lieutenant, they weren't about to help me...also we had to keep a listening watch throughout the night on the radios. I ended up doing most of that too...gits!
    you should hasve given the buggers a right rough ride .bar stewards.Wow we are busy on a Sunday 1498946960 no, bastardos
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 18:37

In the 70's i ended up with an iron pig, Some deal or other, but it liked a drink, I couldnt shift the thing, One night a mate rings up to say a self service petrol pump was dishing out free petrol, i was up there like a shot, Filled it up, and all the jerry cans that was on the thing, I was there a long time, Next week i advertised it in the local paper, armoured car with 100 gallons of petrol thrown in, Queueing up for it they was, Phew, I remember driving the thing, you had levers inside that brought iron plates down, you looked through little slits, You wouldnt know if you hit anything, Looking back, I must have been up for anything, But a mate bought an half track, he was well mental, we all stood outside his lovely bungalow his parents left him, Wondering where he was going to park it, he came thundering down this lovely quiet lane, Straight over the dry stone wall, and on top of the green house, well we couldnt stop laughing, he was like oddball in kelly's hero's. hatch went up. he stuck his head out and said, "i always wanted to do that" he hated the green house,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 18:58

Underdog wrote:In the 70's i ended up with an iron pig, Some deal or other, but it liked a drink, I couldnt shift the thing, One night a mate rings up to say a self service petrol pump was dishing out free petrol, i was up there like a shot, Filled it up, and all the jerry cans that was on the thing, I was there a long time, Next week i advertised it in the local paper, armoured car with 100 gallons of petrol thrown in, Queueing up for it they was, Phew, I remember driving the thing, you had levers inside that brought iron plates down, you looked through little slits, You wouldnt know if you hit anything, Looking back, I must have been up for anything, But a mate bought an half track, he was well mental, we all stood outside his lovely bungalow his parents left him, Wondering where he was going to park it, he came thundering down this lovely quiet lane, Straight over the dry stone wall, and on top of the green house, well we couldnt stop laughing, he was like oddball in kelly's hero's. hatch went up. he stuck his head out and said, "i always wanted to do that" he hated the green house,
    We used them pigs in Northern Ireland in the '70s. Handy when the locals were lobbing bricks at you.
    Wow we are busy on a Sunday Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvnr0EHE9zZ8nMkppvRtYb7jdyCpdCF9EVTNBUx7sBRSKObpwB
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 19:10

Yeh thats the bugger, no bull bar though, If i remember right, they was made by humber, and had an engine made by alvis, 6 cyl petrol, We used to drive down a certain road, and knock it out of gear, just to hear the tyres humming, it had sand tyres on the thing, Jeez, i must have been barking mad, My mate with the half track was always being pulled by the police about tearing up the road with the tracks, so being a bit of a loon, he bought a scammel tank transporter, just to carry the half track on, Why ?, Happy days, I think he was booted out the army with mental health reasons, Would explain a lot,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 18 Sep 2011 - 19:17

Underdog wrote:Yeh thats the bugger, no bull bar though, If i remember right, they was made by humber, and had an engine made by alvis, 6 cyl petrol, We used to drive down a certain road, and knock it out of gear, just to hear the tyres humming, it had sand tyres on the thing, Jeez, i must have been barking mad, My mate with the half track was always being pulled by the police about tearing up the road with the tracks, so being a bit of a loon, he bought a scammel tank transporter, just to carry the half track on, Why ?, Happy days, I think he was booted out the army with mental health reasons, Would explain a lot,
    He should have fitted the rubber pads to the tracks, that way you're allowed on the public roads as they don't tear up the tarmac.
    In Germany we put the pads on 'til we drove to the training areas then took them off for the old cross country stuff.Wow we are busy on a Sunday Tank4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 14:33