Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

3 posters

Another Bargain Cruise

tenerifesunshine
    tenerifesunshine

UK Female Posts : 54

Another Bargain Cruise Empty Another Bargain Cruise

Post by tenerifesunshine Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 15:34

So, who fancies a 7 day cruise visiting Spain, France, Italy, Sicily and Tunisia????

Departing 10th May 2013..............Balcony Cabin and All Inclusive upgrade including branded spirits.

1200 euros for 2 people.///////............................... yup................ 600 euros each!!

info@tenerifesunshine.com or call 922 751 867
    Another Bargain Cruise Downlo10
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Another Bargain Cruise Empty Re: Another Bargain Cruise

Post by Topdog Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 8:57

Done this one too nice trip. Tunisia is only pitfall, nearly got robbed by taxi driver. We were with Anne and Fred(Tenerife people) and taxi driver pulled a knife demanding more, but my knife was bigger. Explain later. In saying this that was a one off and souks are great, use organised trip in Tunis though.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 9:28

Would love to but would miss at least half of it as we are in the UK then for a big Another Bargain Cruise 3130101840 and can't miss it.

Sorry V this year all booked up but will be looking at Nile next year and we hope Cambodia and/or Laos
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 10:10

Gypsy wrote:Would love to but would miss at least half of it as we are in the UK then for a big Another Bargain Cruise 3130101840 and can't miss it.

Sorry V this year all booked up but will be looking at Nile next year and we hope Cambodia and/or Laos
    jan wants to do the nile
    tenerifesunshine
    tenerifesunshine

Post by tenerifesunshine Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 10:17

TD - You can't just say things like this happen in Tunisia!!! Thats like saying people only get mugged and robbed in Tenerife!!!!!

Any of you, if you want some quotes sorting, simply email info@tenerifesunshine.com letting us know what you are after, and we will converse with you to find your perfect holiday!!! xx
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 10:47

Which is why I said Souks are great. No they don't just happen and don't happen all the time, but we should have taken the advice of the cruise ship and used the tour at this port.
    if people do go and use own taxi make sure you only use ones at port gate, these are controlled and safe as houses. Then you will enjoy Tunis.
    tenerifesunshine
    tenerifesunshine

Post by tenerifesunshine Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 11:00

I feel the same about Morocco........................ we took a taxi....................... I have experienced Casablanca twice now..................... next time, I think I will stay on the ship!!!!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 11:17

We hired a taxi for the day in St Kitts, guy kept stooping and talking to mates, we then asked to have an hour on a nice beach for a swim and said he can wait or di what he wants, he asked to be paid. I said nada, but agreed to part pay him he then got nasty, to which I responded, he went off saying we were now stuck as only few taxis ever come to this. Beach. I got guy at beach bar to give me a number. Taxi turned up big oldish guy ask where our taxi was. We explained, he took us to this top hotel for afternoon drinks and canopies. This was free, a friends hotel. Then a tour of the Hollywood of st Kitts, then back to ship. He would not take a penny, ask if the original taxi was there, which it was, honest truth he pulled the taxi driver through his window and then extracted the payment from him. He said one more time and he would not work again. He was head of the Taxi drivers association at the port.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 11:29

tenerifesunshine wrote:I feel the same about Morocco........................ we took a taxi....................... I have experienced Casablanca twice now..................... next time, I think I will stay on the ship!!!!

I love Morocco, felt very very safe there, wasn´t keen on Casablanca as it is just like any other big city also far more French than I expected. I was cross I didn´t buy the Montblanc pens for €5!! Adored the souks and the medina in Fez those in Marrakech were a bit more touristy but still nice and had tea (mint) with a Berber (no it wasn´t Juba an old guy) weather Stayed at Erfoud on the edge of the Sahara. Everyone was very friendly and not at all pushy. The places we went were not really the sort I would venture to on my own, so a Moroccan guide was essential and he was great.
    tenerifesunshine
    tenerifesunshine

Post by tenerifesunshine Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 11:47

Definitely next time we would take a private shore excursion.

I think things are different for us now we have a little person in tow!!!
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 12:30

Yeah I liked morocco,safe as houses.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 1:14