Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

2 posters

Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays

Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

England Male Posts : 99

Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays Empty Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays

Post by Dronnyman Thu 9 May 2013 - 17:26

Watchdog 7 May 2013. Passengers are entitled to compensation when a flight is delayed for more than three hours. Exceptions to this are when the delay is due to "exceptional circumstances", such as volcano ash or a bird flying into an engine. Technical faults are not normally regarded as exceptional circumstances. Follow-on flight delays do not count as e.cs either. Claims can be made for delayed flights up to SIX years after the flight, assuming you can prove you were on the flight. Write direct to the airline to put in your claim. If it is rejected, contact the Civil Aviation Authority who will take up the matter on your behalf www.caa.co.uk. Their service is free of charge. Thomson, Thomas Cook and Monarch are the airlines refusing to pay. Now that´s a surprise!
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays Empty Re: Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 9 May 2013 - 18:35

I have an on-going claim from Thomson about 4 years ago now. Its a long time to be holding my breath...... Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays 3025408739
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays Empty Re: Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays

Post by Dronnyman Thu 9 May 2013 - 19:25

Have you tried contacting the CAA? Apparently, they don´t even ask which party you voted for last week! Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays 4226408756
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 9 May 2013 - 20:41

A week is a long time in politics.
    Dronnyman
    Dronnyman

Post by Dronnyman Thu 9 May 2013 - 21:01

Perfectspecimen wrote:A week is a long time in politics.

How true, but have you or haven´t you? ...my money is on "No, not yet"
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Fri 10 May 2013 - 20:13

Frankly I'm past caring now. I walked past gate 24 the other day just to gaze at the peoples faces that had already been sat there for 10 hours. Not pretty. Compenstion Claims for Flight Delays 755705644

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 18:46