Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+2
Mcqueen
Gypsy
6 posters

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife?

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? Empty Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife?

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 10:35

Now Karen Whittaker is no longer practising - phoned her surgery this morning to be told 'she's gone!'  does anyone know of any other English doctors as opposed to a doctor who speaks English!.   I have posted this on TF so if I get any recommendations from there I will also post on here.

And before anyone asks, no problems, just time for annual tests Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1554180325
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? Empty Re: Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife?

Post by Mcqueen Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 11:39

You would think an English Doctor would have taken over a busy practise like that Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 3275847336 
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? Empty Re: Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife?

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 11:45

Apparently two doctors have taken over, word has it they are from the 'Excellence practice' down in Golf del Sur. And the lady this morning did say they both have English but when we are talking about medical IMO it is important that you should be able to understand everything that is being said to you not just get the gist. Have an appointment in the morning so will report back but R, you know me I like to have a choice rather than just 1 option, hence my question.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 12:03

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 294053457  Yep, Very important having a good doctor,
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 14:48

Val used EXCELLENCE earlier this year , not a problem with language , Val still raves about the care and treatment she recieved and thinks they are the dogs danglers
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 15:18

Have they taken over the patient list for now. That was sudden because just before her holiday she was not sure if she was going or staying.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 16:20

Told them we were registered and have an appointment for tomorrow but the lady seemed very vague, perhaps she is just finding her way around the filing / computer system.  Will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Don´t you just love it when you get some smart arse guy telling you if it is women's problems he is prepared to take a look.  I am tempted to tell him it is terminal to wipe the smirk off his face.  Still he probably already knows what it is as he will have read it here first.  Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 16:21

Topdog wrote:Have they taken over the patient list for now. That was sudden because just before her holiday she was not sure if she was going or staying.

Yes she told Allen the same thing about 3 weeks ago, as nothing had been signed or properly agreed to.

@Bill, OH also used Excellence a couple of years ago, they were excellent too but very very expensive, something like €90 for the consultation whereas Karen was only €30 for something new and pennies if you needed a repeat prescription.
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

Post by searcher Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 17:25

Cost Val 27 euro + prescription ,but it was well worth it not having to wait 3 weeks to see a doctor
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 18:49

Good luck tomorrow Gypsy, let us know how you get on.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 19:05

Good to see nothing changes Garlicbread always was a knob so hardly surprising he found the comment 'Brilliant'.  Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960 

Thanks TD, it is Jim not me but I think I might go and hold his hand. Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1554180325
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 19:12

Don't know how up to date this is Meryl...Brit doctors, Tenerife
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 19:34

Thanks Cam, some bits are a bit out of date like Karen and Policlinica Dr Spreafico who has also gone, but others are still current. Interesting there could be someone in Costa del Silencio. I have also seen the British Surgery but assumed it was just a walk in clinic for tourists.

Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 22:01

Garlic...............Garlic.....Bread........Garlic Bread, with cheese.
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Tue 2 Jul 2013 - 23:10

Gypsy wrote:Told them we were registered and have an appointment for tomorrow but the lady seemed very vague, perhaps she is just finding her way around the filing / computer system.  Will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Don´t you just love it when you get some smart arse guy telling you if it is women's problems he is prepared to take a look.  I am tempted to tell him it is terminal to wipe the smirk off his face.  Still he probably already knows what it is as he will have read it here first.  Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960

That's terrible that, someone on that forum with a sense of humour...

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Post by Gypsy Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 11:53

Adam Mint wrote:
    Gypsy wrote:Told them we were registered and have an appointment for tomorrow but the lady seemed very vague, perhaps she is just finding her way around the filing / computer system.  Will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

That's terrible that, someone on that forum with a sense of humour...

Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960

Yes quite unusual BUT there are things you can joke about and things that if you don´t know the background you should steer clear of.  

What if I was very worried because I had found a lump that could be cancerous, what if I was concerned because I was having heart problems, what if the problem was really serious or life-threatening (it can happen!!). Those sort of stupid remarks could really upset some fragile folk.  As it happens it is no less than I expected from the twonks on there and just confirms that in the 2 years I have not bothered going on I have missed nothing - it is a bit like tuning in to Corrie after a long absence, the storyline and the faces are the same just the victims change. Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 14:01

Gypsy wrote:
    Yes quite unusual BUT there are things you can joke about and things that if you don´t know the background you should steer clear of.  

What if I was very worried because I had found a lump that could be cancerous, what if I was concerned because I was having heart problems, what if the problem was really serious or life-threatening (it can happen!!). Those sort of stupid remarks could really upset some fragile folk.  As it happens it is no less than I expected from the twonks on there and just confirms that in the 2 years I have not bothered going on I have missed nothing - it is a bit like tuning in to Corrie after a long absence, the storyline and the faces are the same just the victims change. Anyone know an English Doctor in Tenerife? 1498946960

If I had any of the symptoms you mention above I wouldn't care less what language the quack spoke as long as he/she could fix me, even if it involved voodoo...

:doc1:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 10:37