Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+6
Cruella de Vil
Gypsy
Topdog
Mermaid
Mcqueen
Campbell Brodie
10 posters

Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please).

Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 Empty Re: Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please).

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:11

Mermaid wrote:have you got a 40" screen then? :Tongue:

At the top you have view posts since last visit, view your posts, unanswered posts

hope this helps
    Thats what i do now (posts since last visit) but on 'other forum' it has a button that says todays posts which lists threads from the last few days. Then i just scroll down til I find something that may be interesting.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 Empty Re: Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please).

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:28

Those forums are Vbulletin, ours is phpBB. 2 different animals V. I think what you see is what you get, sorry mate.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 20:33

The Lone Ranger wrote:Those forums are Vbulletin, ours is phpBB. 2 different animals V. I think what you see is what you get, sorry mate.

Ahhhhhh thanks anyhows.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 21:23

Perfectspecimen wrote:
    Thats what i do now (posts since last visit) but on 'other forum' it has a button that says todays posts which lists threads from the last few days. Then i just scroll down til I find something that may be interesting.

How long does that take then? Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 2761542443
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:01

underdog wrote:Maybe a thumbs up or thumbs down button, Customised, Dont have to get involved in an argument then, Good luck with that one, :)

Best I can do so far is to add a "Thumbsup" and "Thumbsdown" to smilies group.

good :thumbd:
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:11

good
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 22:13

good Good idea LR
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 26 Aug 2011 - 19:23

Any chance we could have a map with different places on etc Hotels,Bars.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 26 Aug 2011 - 19:29

Mermaid wrote:Any chance we could have a map with different places on etc Hotels,Bars.

I'll knock something up when I've got a bit of time as it takes a while to do that. 😄
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Fri 26 Aug 2011 - 21:18

Gypsy wrote:

I don´t want one of those I'm not planning on going to Scotland Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 3025408739

A Tenerife one,I should have said. :Happy:
    muggle
    muggle

Post by muggle Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 0:49

Not been on for a few days but love the new smilies Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 811500621 Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 1251549321 Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 1629994992
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 13:32

Hi Muggle,pleased to see you posting again Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 1293356558
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 20:46

Yes welcome back Muggle hello
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 20:59

DO we have a forum on the best places to visit in tenerife. If not, can we have one? This was the reason I joined the other forum and also to find out about the best bars and restaurants. If people gave me the name of their fav restaurants/bars, I might be able to do a review based on what they say and also by reading other reviews on Trip Advisor etc. What do you think?
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 21:01

I see Gypsy has already that one covered. I might help her out with a few more.What about a places to visit section?
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 21:02

In the top section we have a few bar and restaurant reviews and also things on places too visit. There are also a couple of fun ones with guessing as to where that give you some nice places. :Big Smile:
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 21:07

We have this thread https://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com/f9-tfof-where-to-eat-and-drink-in-tenerife

I don´t hold much store by tripadviser reviews though because a lot of them are from people who are either friends of the people they are reviewing and only ever post the one review or they have a grudge against a bar or restaurant.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 22:21

I had a look on trip advisor for the first time, I looked up tenerife royal gardens, One family in august had a great time, Say apartment A, Another family had a fantastic time in apartment C, But the apartment inbetween B, Over run with cockroaches, electric kept tripping out, Complex not lit very well at night, anybody could walk in or out and not be seen, Fact, My son stayed on that block, i asked him, did you see any cockroaches, Nah, Did the electric go off, Nah, was it dark at night Nah, Did you see loui the security gaurd, Yes he walks round and round at night,If he see's you he waves, ? All the same week as this moaning git, Sure there is cockroaches, like anywhere in tenerife, Sure the electric clicks off if you shove your finger in a socket, or spill water when filling up the iron, Trip advisor is not gospel, Read it all and make your own mind up,
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 Empty I dont know ?

Post by Mcqueen Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 18:41

Err, Not sure if i'm in the right place, Can we have a sticky for , What did you have for your tea tonight, Vince just set me off,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:24

Underdog wrote:Err, Not sure if i'm in the right place, Can we have a sticky for , What did you have for your tea tonight, Vince just set me off,

Perfectspecimen wrote:I got one too. Dumb things OH has done. Just spent all day trying to get her ally wheels off, she had a puncture and found a knight in shining armour to change the wheel, and now the key for the wheel locks is missing. Grrrr........

Both good ideas. Just start a new topic in "General Chat" with your title and members can add to it when they like.
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 19:44

Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 1199265026
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Post by Mermaid Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 20:01

to get this thread back on topic. My suggestion is before posting think,check you are posting on topic. Member Suggestions. (Helpful ones please). - Page 2 2761542443

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 13:43