Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

What age to let kids babysit?

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

What age to let kids babysit? Empty What age to let kids babysit?

Post by 3rdforum Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:18

Just dropped Eoghan in to his first teenage disco. Eileen said it was us that should be going out on Valentines night. That got me thinking. What age should you let kids babysit their younger siblings at? eoghan is 14 in 2 weeks, Shona is ( a very mature ) 11 and Darragh is 5. Personally, I wouldn't have any problems leaving the older two in charge but Eileen is afraid to leave them on their own. We would only be 5 minutes away if we went out for a drink. Whado you think?
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

What age to let kids babysit? Empty Re: What age to let kids babysit?

Post by Mcqueen Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:29

We used to baby sit for people - Well Janet did, So i know first hand what go's on, So i recon 30 to 35 to be on the safe side,
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:40

What age to let kids babysit? 3025408739
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:41

Not sure about Irish law but in the Uk there is no age limit of leaving your kids in the home alone nor for siblings to look after others. Big but coming, it has to be safe to do so. In other words if you have a very small child and you go hang the washing out whilst they are sleeping, this is safe. If you leave a 14 year old in charge of a five year old whilst you go out, this is ok depending on the type of 14 year old and indeed the health if the five year old. Plus the house needs to be safe. You can actually do a small amount if baby sitting at 14 in the eyes of social services, thus a short time safe house and trusted children, use your own as loads of potential Jimmys out there.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 21:45

Janet and her mate Christine with the big headlamps looked after a small baby when the mother went out, Engleburt Humperdink was seeing to her when he was in town He stayed at a house on street lane, Tom jones did too sometimes, late sixties about, Anyway i stopped going because the house stunk of pea and somebody nicked the front light off my bike  What age to let kids babysit? 3913804730 
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 22:24

I'd prefer to leave Eoghan and Shona in charge rather than have a stranger come in to babysit. Eoghan would get lost playing a video game or reading a book, but Shona would take the responsibility very seriously. If she was the 14 year old, I wouldn't hesitate. Might be safer to give it another year or two.
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 10:23

3rdforum wrote:I'd prefer to leave Eoghan and Shona in charge rather than have a stranger come in to babysit. Eoghan would get lost playing a video game or reading a book, but Shona would take the responsibility very seriously. If she was the 14 year old, I wouldn't hesitate. Might be safer to give it another year or two.
    I would wait a couple more years.
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 15:53

Be fine Dermot offer an insentive, " I will slap yer if you don´t look after her properly"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 22 Sep 2024 - 3:40