Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

iPads

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

iPads  Empty iPads

Post by Adam Mint Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 14:59

Friday night I'm on iPad rummaging around the net, suddenly I lose internet connection, it's nothing to do with internet supply as other devices are working, I check iPad internet settings, all are as should be, then I notice a update notification, so I click on that, iPad goes through a 15 minute download, download finished I switch iPad back on,,, internet's working but all's changed:- 

Different background.
    Keyboard bright and glarish.
    iPad status, time and battery level notification banner now integrates with page you are viewing.

The above I can live with, but:-

Keep getting pop ups to download games apps.
    iPad taking longer to do anything.
    I play a scrabble game called "Words With Friends" on it, as part of accepting the free game download, every time you send a word an advert pops up, (that's how they make their money), you have to watch about three or four seconds of the add then a "X" appears which if you tap with your finger the add disappears, well it did untill download, the "X" now don't seem to line up with the bit of the screen that activates the advert removal, end up tapping the screen everywhere around the "X" untill you hit the right spot...

Oh, the forum now comes up as blue and grey lines with black writing in them, no picture, no red option boxes etc, I have to click "Classic Version" to get the forum to look as normal...

Any advice...

iPads  206331103
    searcher
    searcher

Scotland Male Posts : 7625

iPads  Empty Re: iPads

Post by searcher Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 15:40

Can you get your normal browser , I.E Firefox etc or has this taken over as your homepage?
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 15:51

Don't know my way around iPad to well, so don't know how to check, as said since download layout of iPad has changed, whether that's to do with change of browser I don't know...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 15:59

Thinking about it, the format of the iPad when going on the internet was the same as my laptop, and that's Internet Explorer,,, can I download that so it runs my iPad for Internet...

I  iPads  3561243520 ...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 16:03

Just tried to download Internet Explorer, massage came up saying I need a Windows PC ...
    Mischief Maker
    Mischief Maker

Scotland Female Posts : 896

Post by Mischief Maker Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 17:28

yeah IE will only work on windows operating system (and it's rubbish anyway)
    ipad's standard browser is safari which should be fine but chrome and firefox can be downloaded too
    apples and windows don't mix (for those who don't know, internet explorer is a microsoft product i.e. the makers of the windows operating system)

sounds like there is a new version of iOS (the operating system used by ipads and iphones) and they have updated the layout of everything
    sorry i can't help with fixing it as i don't have apple products
    BobMac
    BobMac

Scotland Male Posts : 517

Post by BobMac Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 18:30

They have just released Ver 7.1 Of IOS which has apparently been completely redesigned !!!

Full details can be found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 20:08

My work phone is an i-phone and we've been told not to download the latest update until they say!
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 20:54

Can understand why, it's shite...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 5:30