Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
3rdforum
Gypsy
Mcqueen
Daryn
8 posters

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment

Daryn
    Daryn

UK Male Posts : 656

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Empty Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment

Post by Daryn Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 1:23

Tenerife Royal Gardens

Entrance to the complex is by going up the ramp and through the Taurus Restaurant, go directly up the stairs onto the top terrace. The Taurus Restaurant is really good by the way, lovely food and you get a discount if you let them know you are staying in the complex, oh and cheap pints of lager through the day which is very important lol.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0609

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0902

Looking back into the restaurant from the upper terrace

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0901

Once on the terrace you will come to a security door which you need the security code to gain entry into the complex, a security guard sits at this door through the night and the whole complex feels really secure but without looking like a prison.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0900

We used Regs apartment which was apartment C0-15, a ground floor apartment, go over the bridge turn immediate left and about the 5th apartment in, their is no back door the main entrance is the patio doors facing the pool.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0898

This is the entrance to the apartment sorry should have moved our towel lol.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0945

The key will be in the key safe on the wall on the right when your facing the patio doors, it now sounds silly me explaining this but we arrived at night and we were looking all over the place for this, I was even round the back of the apartment lol. You will be given the safe key safe number before you go.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0595

We loved this little private terrace area. In the morning it was in the shade until about 11am so it was lovely to sit and cool down. Once the sun hits its red hot and there for the rest of the day, but look how close to the pool you are and you can just pop into the apartment and get a cold drink out the fridge.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0591

Living Room

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1002

Aircon unit cost is €1 and gives you 2 hours use but you can stop and hold the time whenever you want.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0998

The shopping trolley lol, we had a good laugh about this, not very macho looking is it BUT if you want to go to the cheapest supermarket and stock up on large bottles of water it comes in very handy and yes I did use it lol. Cheapest supermarket is Mercadona and about 15 minutes walk, here is a map http://www.tenerifetravel.com/maps/southtenerife_large.html the apartment is in D9 and Mercadona is in CC Abora in E8, many thanks go to Gypsy on the Tenerifes forum of fun for that info. 

Typical costs €1.04 for 8 litre bottles of water at mercadona, 45 cents for a baguette, the nearest cheapest supermarket which is only about 3 minutes round the corner from the apartment charge €1.40 for 8 litre bottle of water and 65 cents baguette  I've mentioned that supermarket further down.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1001

The apartment has a separate bedroom with two single beds but the lounge also has bed settee for extra guests.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0547

As you can see we just arrived and hadn't even unpacked.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0548

In the lounge was a flat screen tv with English channels, BBC1 / ITV / CH5 etc basically you wont miss the soaps, a radio and DVD player.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1003

Various books and a few DVD's for those that needed them.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1007

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1006

Bathroom

Well as you can see the apartment has its own washing machine and is of a good size, the power shower is the best ever really powerful with jets all over the place.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0552

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Dsc00610

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0550

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0549

They even supply a hairdryer.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0988

Kitchen

The kitchen has everything you need and is spotless, we only used the fridge kettle and toaster, well we are on holiday not going to cook lol 

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0545

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0996

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0995

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0993

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0992

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0991

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0990

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0989

An iron is provided and the ironing board was behind the bedroom door.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1008

Bedroom

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1005

View from the bedroom window over looking the cactus garden at the back of the complex, the main bins are also round the back but no where near this apartment.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_1004

Again another flat screen tv on the bedroom wall, we never used this one.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0557

A safety deposit box is in the wardrobe and free to use, you make your own digital number up so no key required.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0555

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0553

Terrace 

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0563

Pool Area

Lovely pool area and gardens and well cared for. The beds are locked up and not opened until the lady finishes cleaning the pool area down with the smallest mop she can find lol, honestly its like watching paint dry and the times for the beds varied between 8am and 10am this really got on peoples nerves, the sunbeds are free and the wife and daughter wanted them, why Ill never know. 

With it being August the complex was full up so yes you had to stand there early to get a bed, again that could be upto 2 hours waiting hehehe.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0899

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0898

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0561

Extra bits and pieces to help you out

Just a little information for you, coming out of the complex and down the Taurus Restaurant ramp turn left and your heading in the direction of Los Cristianos, turn right up the street and your heading towards the Safari centre 3 minutes away.

So Im going to show you what you come to turning left.

Directly under the ramp is a restaurant called Little Italy and they do lovely meals we liked the steaks also you have a nightclub on the other side of the ramp that plays everything from cuban music to modern day chart tunes, if you go in this nice nightclub dont have the draught its rank the locals were drinking bottles. Dont worry about this club you cannot hear it from the side of the complex we are in.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0904

So turning left out of the complex you will see a few restaurants.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0905

And one of the many beaches.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0906

So not far, infact the end of this first block you will come across this restaurant with the friendliest staff you will ever meet, really polite, smiling all the time and having a laugh with you, it wasnt a posh looking restaurant but the food was great, we had the special offer which was a 3 course and I had the pepper steak it was really nice.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0907

Past the above restaurant you come across this supermarket, blink and you will miss it, I mentioned this place at the top of this review, its the cheapest in the area, they do really nice fresh cakes and breads. the prices are a little more than mercodona but it saves you a very long walk.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0913

Pass the supermarket and turn immediately left.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0908

Keep looking to the left and you come across the Surfers Bar

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0909

Best get here early if you want a breakfast, we never ate here but people had reserved tables. I had a few beers pints of San Miguel a couple of times in the afternoon and it was good stuff and only €1.50

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0910

Ok this is the last bit, just past the Surfers Bar is a chip shop called Scampis, again this was recommended to me by the members of Tenerifes Forum of Fun, couldnt fault it, we bought cod and chips from here and the fish was some size, nice and fresh.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0911

Complex is circled in red and arrow points to apartment position...
    Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Captu216

Taxis

No need to phone for taxis, a taxi rank is right outside the complex and we always saw at least one taxi sitting day and night.

Taxi to and from the Airport
    We paid about €27 from the airport to the apartment but the roads were busy due to a concert
    On the way back it cost us about €22 these prices were for 3 of us, we had 2 large cases and 3 small hand luggage bags.
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Empty Re: Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 9:11

Thats a great review Daryn, Some people get nervous looking after themselves, but once you have done it dosent seem so scary, and you can please yourself what when and how, Good work,  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 294053457
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Empty Re: Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment

Post by Gypsy Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 10:12

Great review Daryn ..... I will pinch it and send it on to people who may be interested in booking when I pass on Reg's email address.
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 12:44

Thanks, I think it takes all the guess work out of it, I was having to keep sending messages to Reg as I didnt know what was included and what I needed to do lol, little things like is the patio doors the main entrance or is it round the back, yes we went round the back with our luggage, that little key safe at night could we hell find it hehehe. Anyway easier now Reg just send them the link and its all their for them shouldnt go wrong now.

Get on with my other reviews now, trips and resort
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 13:28

One old couple spent half hour with a box of matches trying to read the numbers,
    I said why didnt you use your mobile phone to see it,  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3275847336  Never thought he said  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3025408739 
    His wife later told me he burnt his fingers with the matches, Took the 2 weeks to heal  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 1498946960 
    We have a key safe in the porch at home, really usefull for the neighbours should the alarm go off or us when we go away, no need to carry loads of keys about,
    you can change the code as often as you want too, Its the future I'm sure, Blady keys  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 16779677
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 14:16

Enjoyed that. Well done Daryn ( and Reg )  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3318427985  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3318427985
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 14:16

Feckin key box numbers impossible to read blind drunk at 4am, tried it once and once only, tip, safety pin key in pocket...

Informative forum this innit...  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 1483819851
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:02

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3025408739 I never use the one on our apartment either, But they have a funny system over there, pull the door shut and your screwed, ? Whats that all about  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 1498946960 , First thing i do with a motor home or caravan is hide the spare set underneath, Saved me twice that has  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 755705644
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:10

I've just posted about your apartment on Facebook Reg. As Tesco says, "every little helps"  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3025408739
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:17

Thanks Dermot, Shame it hasent more bedrooms for your lot,
    But they cost that much you never get your stake back, Doubt i ever will anyway,  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3561243520
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 15:26

I keep you in mind for when we kick some of them outta the house!
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 16:28

I also posted it on Tripadviser and had 4 people ask for the info.  But one didn´t send contact details - they were the Irish couple.  I'm saying nowt !!
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 16:33

Wasna me!!!
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 16:52

Mcqueen wrote:
    We have a key safe in the porch at home, really usefull for the neighbours should the alarm go off or us when we go away, no need to carry loads of keys about,
    you can change the code as often as you want too, Its the future I'm sure, Blady keys  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 16779677

I wouldnt use one and never left the keys TBH, I reckon it would be really easy to get into, it just looks like them bicycle locks you used to get, they were really easy to crack, I used to open them all at school and swap them round so people couldn't get their bikes out hehehe.

BUT because of the added security at the complex you have to get in first before you even get near the door, got to say when Im away Im always paranoid about leaving money in a safety deposit box as we were robbed once,, they took the lot but your apartment and the complex well Ive never felt so secure, even my daughter said she felt safe and secure there, at night coming in that security guy was another plus although not sure how long he stays, I sat outside once and he left at 01.30am

Its a great holiday accommodation and I would defo like to use it again if we go back to PDLA and Im sure you should have that booked up all the time. Ive told the lads at the club about it for you.

Now here is another thing, going back to PDLA, Ive been getting bored lately looking for places to try and after trying the main holiday resorts anything else would be hard to match, we like big resorts with lots of little places close by, Magaluf, Palma Nova, PDLA, Benidorm etc. I have to say PDLA looking around is a very nice place compared to the rest.

But we promised ourselves next year we are going to try somewhere else. My wife wants to go to Florida but Im not keen, I was cracking up being on a plane for 4.5 hours what would I be like for 8 plus hours.

Oh one thing I would say, FFS get that cleaner a wide brush and wide mop its ridiculous she could have it done in half the time, every morning we watched her sweep up and mop up before she unlocked the beds lol, so frustratingeveryone was going mad as we didnt know what time the beds were available from one day to the next hehehe.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 17:39

Security guard ( Louis ) go's walk about, he dosent sit there all night, Those cleaners spin it out for a few hours then they all bugger off shoping or sit in the garage down stairs, They could do with the sack or a whip, If you saw the costs of keeping them it would shock you,
    Also the 3 maintainance guys take the p--s , Culture seems a bit too layed back for my likeing,  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 16779677
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 19:29

Great that shopping trolley Reg, nice touch.  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 294053457  Just perfect for collecting the fags. Have you got one in blue?
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 20:33

great review Daryn. Loved the pics reminds me of the last time I was at TRG visiting Reg lol
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Thu 21 Aug 2014 - 20:50

Perfectspecimen wrote:Great that shopping trolley Reg, nice touch.  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 294053457  Just perfect for collecting the fags. Have you got one in blue?
    Janet has one too, I dont go near the thing  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 1498946960  Street cred and all that  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3025408739

I like to look after the oldies that stay 6 weeks plus, I dont want them dropping dead and wanting a refund, That Mercadonas a bit of a trek for the shopping without one, Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3275847336
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 18:11

Cant find the edit button for my review so can admin please add this to the bottom to finish it off thanks.

The Complex is circled in red and the red arrow is where the apartment is within the complex.

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment Map_tr10

To make enquires about renting this apartment contact Reg email-  regdixon106@talktalk.net
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 18:14

Tell Mcqueen to have a good look at that picture, then the photos on the lounge wall, spot the difference...

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 2485877773 Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 2485877773 Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 2485877773 
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Fri 22 Aug 2014 - 19:13

Shut it Mint  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 506932706  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 3025408739
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 23 Aug 2014 - 1:33

About once a year I get a knock on the door, chancer trying to sell me aerial photos of my pile. Hmmm, Looks similar on Google Earth i say.  Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment 1498946960
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

Post by Topdog Sat 23 Aug 2014 - 9:11

Why would you want a photo of washing powder or yer Farmers.
    Nice review Daryn, charge. weather
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 23 Aug 2014 - 11:12

Yes excellent review, however you missed out the bad bits. Now I know the average cockroach can move a bit faster than your tortoise and you may have had trouble spotting their entire family but surely worth a mention. And is the complex dog friendly? Are pussy cats drinking from the swimming pool? Did you buy any sunglasses?
    Daryn
    Daryn

Post by Daryn Sat 23 Aug 2014 - 19:01

Yes I saw the odd cockroach but not in the apartment lol, it was squeaky clean and no problems like that, cockroaches are all over Tenerife its rife, but I found Los Cristianos town was the worst for them.

I suppose when you have that sort of climate its just ideal for them to live and breed, you will never get rid they have been on the earth longer than us.

2 cats around the grounds our Kate loved them ...........

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0955

This one made the most weird crying noise Ive ever heard in the mornings lol

Tenerife Royal Gardens / Reg's Apartment SAM_0943

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 2:35