Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+3
Mcqueen
3rdforum
Gypsy
7 posters

Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )?

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? Empty Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )?

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 15:43

Looking especially in the Las Chafiras area or los cris/pdla.
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? Empty Re: Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )?

Post by Gypsy Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 15:54

Strange question - are you planning on taking it back to Ireland?  I would think probably El Kilo and there are branches in most towns.  Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3275847336
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? Empty Re: Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )?

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 15:57

No,I would be using it there and leaving it behind me.  I've been looking on line at accommodation. The apts without air con are up to €250 euro a week cheaper than the ones with. We could save a fortune and maybe even stay in Los Cris/PDLA areas if we could use mosquito netting around the window frames and leave the windows open at night.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:00

Meant to add, Eileen doesn't like the portable air con units. They are too noisy for her.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:00

Anyone know what the Spanish term for mosquito netting would be?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:02

you can buy a house for €40,000 ..
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:03

Thanks Gypsy!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:06

3rdforum wrote:Anyone know what the Spanish term for mosquito netting would be?
    mosquito is spanish for fly 
    why would anyone want air-con in tenerife ,it dont get that hot ??? 
    and i have never had problems with flys ...
    are you sure your not booked on a flight to the congo ???
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:18

mosquito is a little fly
    yes it does
    we always get bitten
    no
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 16:23

3rdforum wrote:mosquito is a little fly
    yes it does
    we always get bitten
    no
    moscas is spanish for big fly
    oh no it dont - 30c is about the max
    dont eat meat - they can smell the animal on your skin ..
    thry why i live here - not to cold in winter - not to hot in the summer (and 7% vat)
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 17:13

Take a roll of net curtain and some tape with you, DIY  as soon as you get in the apartment,
    We dont have it and never been asked about it Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3561243520
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 17:47

20c is hot. 30c is fecking boiling especially indoors.

Thats not a bad suggestion Reg. might just do that! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:12

Never used air-con in all the times I've stayed in Tenerife Dermo. Never bothered with mosquito netting either! lol!
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:21

We don´t have air con, never felt the need a ceiling fan is more than sufficient, but I do understand about the mossie netting as I get bitten quite badly.  We have it on our bedroom windows as I always leave the windows open.  I think it is a good idea about the net curtain.  You will be able to pick some up in the charity shops for a few pennies and then a few tacks to keep it in place - sorted. 

If you are clever you can avoid the buggers because it is only the females that bite .... so do a bit of mossie spotting / sexing before you get here  weather
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:30

The Lone Ranger wrote:Never used air-con in all the times I've stayed in Tenerife Dermo. Never bothered with mosquito netting either! lol!
    Did you leave the windows open at night? We did that last year and got bitten badly even with the mosquito repellant plugged in
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:33

Gypsy wrote:We don´t have air con, never felt the need a ceiling fan is more than sufficient, but I do understand about the mossie netting as I get bitten quite badly.  We have it on our bedroom windows as I always leave the windows open.  I think it is a good idea about the net curtain.  You will be able to pick some up in the charity shops for a few pennies and then a few tacks to keep it in place - sorted. 

If you are clever you can avoid the buggers because it is only the females that bite .... so do a bit of mossie spotting / sexing before you get here  weather

I'll bear that in mind. Can just picture myself at 4am chasing a mozzie about the room with a magnifying glass!

Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh7gCUT2FPNmnaGNgZSlmWgB65clwcgNt0B08MaxzyVPM0HGdH
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Post by Mcqueen Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:38

Cam wouldnt have known if a bear ate him all up Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 1460810463 Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3025408739
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 20:20

3rdforum wrote:20c is hot. 30c is fecking boiling especially indoors.

Thats not a bad suggestion Reg. might just do that! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 294053457
    it hotter then 20c in the garden here today,house is 15c and i got me heating on 
    yes best with NETs ,buy two place them between the windows ,and ths is important put your laptop between them .... Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 294053457
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 20:45

Nope, Mermaid says they were closed. (I couldn't remember! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3025408739) Just slept under a sheet though...
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 21:16

The Lone Ranger wrote:Nope, Mermaid says they were closed. (I couldn't remember! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3025408739) Just slept under a sheet though...
    sometimes I did have them open just a wee bit. Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 294053457 . I usually react very badly to bites but the last time we were there i was not too bad for them attacking me.
    LUCKY
    LUCKY

UK Male Posts : 39

Post by LUCKY Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 10:59

3rdforum wrote:Looking especially in the Las Chafiras area or los cris/pdla.

I purchased some yesterday at the ferretia in Guagaucho just up the road from the market, 1 metre x 1.5 metre, and the cost was only 1 euro 91 cents. Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 2472758156
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 15:14

Where is that Lucky, the bus station in Los Cris??
    Mermaid
    Mermaid

Scotland Female Posts : 10439

Post by Mermaid Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 15:29

3rdforum wrote:Where is that Lucky, the bus station in Los Cris??
    Dermo he said it was Guagaucho just up the road from the market.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 15:34

Guargacho is just up from Costa del Silencio...
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sun 8 Feb 2015 - 15:49

Thats a different spelling!!  Guargacho to Guaguacho ffs! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 506932706 Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3025408739 Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 3025408739 

Thanks Lucky! Where can I buy mosquito netting ( to cut to size if possible )? 294053457 Anyone know the Spanish for duct tape??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:50