Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

5 posters

Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one.

3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. Empty Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one.

Post by 3rdforum Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 13:57

Gypsy's post on Stephen Fry meeting God at the pearly gates got me thinking. The guy in this speech got "Person of the Year" award here, and Stephen Fry presented it to him. This speech is why the guy ( name Panti Bliss) received the award. The background to it is that there is a same sex marraige referendum coming up and the lad was interviewed on radio for his views. The radio station made an official apology the next day for braodcasting "unsuitable material" as it was threatened with legal action. This prompted outrage amongst the general public ( freedom of speech and all that). Listen to the speech. You may not agree with gay lifestyle, but the speech is brilliant.

Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. Empty Re: Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one.

Post by Adam Mint Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 16:37

Should have been put down at birth...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

England Male Posts : 30546

Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. Empty Re: Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one.

Post by Mcqueen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 17:28

I dont understand why they feel the need to share what gender or preference they have Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 3561243520

Do what you like but i dont want to know, I dont tell you what i like, Shut up Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 506932706
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 17:31

Exactly, almost eleven minutes of me, me, me, me, me, me, me...
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 17:33

Queer and Gods go hand in hand Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 506932706
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 18:13

Oh very mean spirited!! I'm going to vote against same sex marriage cos they are changing the adoption laws here before the referendum to allow any civil partnership to adopt. If they want to get married, I'm ok with that, but a child should be raised by a mother and father ( if possible). Both have a strong role to play rather than 2 of a kind trying to do the job
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 19:16

I could throw up when i see Elton and David holding that poor kid,
    As for that Fry bloke getting married to that lad half his age , if that was a bloke with a young girl he would be a perv,
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 19:37

3rdforum wrote:Oh very mean spirited!! I'm going to vote against same sex marriage cos they are changing the adoption laws here before the referendum to allow any civil partnership to adopt. If they want to get married, I'm ok with that, but a child should be raised by a mother and father ( if possible). Both have a strong role to play rather than 2 of a kind trying to do the job

I do understand where you are coming from but I would rather have two people of the same sex love and raise a child with good morals, values and sense of self worth rather than a traditional couple who abused the child or just had them so easy (like shelling peas) that they did not value them.

Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 19:50

One of the kids today was raised by 2 women, you can see where the kid is heading already Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 1498946960 
    Another from a chav set up, benefits and sky tv sorts, no manners and loud,
    A few from normal wealthy parents, bit spoiled etc,
    But the ones that behaved the best and helped the others were brothers and sisters, spent all day making sure that the others had there share and helped the most, very well behaved, thanked us for the time and effort we put in, I could have hugged and kissed them, but were not allowed are we,
    Perfectspecimen
    Perfectspecimen

Liechtenstein Male Posts : 14451

Post by Perfectspecimen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 20:01

So was marriage originally a religious thing and then the State got on the band wagon or the other way around? Personally I cant see any point in it particularly by members of the same sex, just an excuse for a party and unnecessary wallet emptying.  Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 1483819851
    Mcqueen
    Mcqueen

Post by Mcqueen Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 21:02

Was going to call this a gay rights speech but its more a gay tolerance one. 2485877773 Good evening Vince
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Post by 3rdforum Sat 31 Jan 2015 - 22:52

Gypsy wrote:
    3rdforum wrote:Oh very mean spirited!! I'm going to vote against same sex marriage cos they are changing the adoption laws here before the referendum to allow any civil partnership to adopt. If they want to get married, I'm ok with that, but a child should be raised by a mother and father ( if possible). Both have a strong role to play rather than 2 of a kind trying to do the job

I do understand where you are coming from but I would rather have two people of the same sex love and raise a child with good morals, values and sense of self worth rather than a traditional couple who abused the child or just had them so easy (like shelling peas) that they did not value them.

The trouble is there is no guarantee of either couple doing right by the child . Thats why I said mother and father if possible. And  Vince is right, marriage is a religious thing. The gays already have civil parnership which entails all the benefits of tax law and inheritance tax etc just the same as any other couple. What this referendum should be about is getting rid of the constitutional status of marriage , full stop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 15:38