Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

+4
Campbell Brodie
Adam Mint
Gypsy
3rdforum
8 posters

The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos

Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos

Post by Gypsy Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 18:08

3rdforum wrote:We went to the Olive Garden in the end. Major disappointment. How it is rated as being in the top ten restaurants in Los Cris is beyond me. As a certain chef said, it was like as if they gave up half way through. I'm not saying that it was bad, just that it is no better or worse than the plethora of restaurants available in southern Tenerife.

Agree. Everyone raves about the size of the portions but in many cases it is something like a bloody big breadroll or a load of rice.  OK but depends what you want and unfortunately the majority of holidaymakers want CHEAP and QUANTITY, and sod quality.

searcher wrote:
    The Lone Ranger wrote:What the feck are olives all about, nasty wee things with a crappy taste...The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos - Page 2 211

Chillies as well ,yet some folks love them  The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos - Page 2 1293740352

Not keen on olives but HATE chillies  The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos - Page 2 1498946960
    Topdog
    Topdog

England Male Posts : 21262

The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos - Page 2 Empty Re: The Olive Garden, Los Cristianos

Post by Topdog Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 18:20

I love Chillies and Olives........now Olive Garden is similar to many they just pay loads of rates etc so have to grab what is available. Shame because if someone went the whole hog and just did the best they would soon get a name, Tipsy Terrace another one, best products on the Island but no best for for the price they can charge to get bums on seats, that is not a dig but an oberservation and an understanding. The best products are not cheap. Wish people that have bars and restaurants would think when they went on holiday, how many places offering cheap meals that walked past, how many far too pricey they walked past, keep it good, keep it fair and get some happy faces on seats and others will turn up.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 18:39

Well said TD. Never liked Tipsy Terrace either though the food was nice. The staff there could take a course in how to welcome/attend to customers.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 19:02

Not the bestproducts around I thoughtthefood quitepoor when I ate there
    Gypsy
    Gypsy

Spain Female Posts : 12655

Post by Gypsy Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 21:28

3rdforum wrote:Well said TD. Never liked Tipsy Terrace either though the food was nice. The staff there could take a course in how to welcome/attend to customers.

Same here I much preferred a couple of doors down at the Harbour Club Wine Bar, simple food, fair prices, they do a lovely Sunday Roast but not one of your €7 piled high, theirs is a small starter and main for €12.50 or 3 courses for €15 Always been nice so I'm happy to travel the extra miles and pay a couple of euros more for my Sunday lunch.
    Topdog
    Topdog

Post by Topdog Fri 24 Jul 2015 - 21:46

try Friendly Dolphin best  in Los Gig for SUNDAY ROAST NOW AND TAOAS IS GOOD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 10:01