Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Tenerife Forum of Fun!

Not a member? Register here to join our fun forum!
Once you register, you will receive an e-mail asking you to validate your membership. Click on the link and away you go!

Thank you for joining, now have some fun!

Tenerife's Forum of Fun

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Tenerife's Forum of Fun

A place for visitors and residents to share experiences and have fun at the same time.

Welcome to Tenerife Forum of Fun! Register and join in!

4 posters

Waste of resources?

Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Scotland Male Posts : 59106

Waste of resources? Empty Waste of resources?

Post by Campbell Brodie Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 17:43

Men in hospital after falling from canoe.
    Kayaker's body found in River Findhorn.
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Waste of resources? Empty Re: Waste of resources?

Post by 3rdforum Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 21:35

I was just thinking the same here. A group of hikers decided to climb Carrantouhill, Ireland's tallest mountain the day the last Storm was due. One of them fell and it took 20 rescuers to get him of the mountain. should have left the kent there

"In Kerry, up to 20 members of the Kerry Mountain Rescue Team stretchered an injured climber off Carrountoohil in the McGillycuddy Reeks in conditions described as atrocious."

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1229/756604-weather-storm-frank/
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    3rdforum
    3rdforum

Ireland Male Posts : 22953

Post by 3rdforum Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 1:12

Should be the law everywhere
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Scotland Male Posts : 23101

Post by Adam Mint Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 4:05

I totally disagree, although I think the muppets referred to in the first post were absolute twats for doing what they did   to get themselfs in the shit it's their choice, I raced motorbikes and  got my fair share of what "I'd" paid in to the NHS budget, so should it only be people who chose to smoke and drink  themselves to death that get treated...

Oh and for the cu#ts  that sit around all day in high vis think nothing about spending millions on training days,,, but moan their tits of when they've got to do it for real,,, feck the load of drama queens off, ITS WHAT YOU GET FECKIN PAID FOR...........

Now do the job and shut it..........................

Waste of resources? 3417148095
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 9:53

Paul Novak wrote:, the  “Ley de Tasas”, properly Ley 4/2012 de 25 de junio de medidas administrativas y fiscales, allows for charges to be made up to a maximum of €6,000 when rescues are required because of recreational or sporting activities that involve risk or danger.
    Charges towards costs for emergency assistance can be made when the participant –

• was undertaking an activity defined by the law as risky (see list below)

• failed to obey official warning instructions or bans

• failed to observe warning signs

• was undertaking a banned activity

• was undertaking an activity without required authorization

• was undertaking an activity without equipping themselves appropriately

The Ley de Tasas sets charges in terms of the numbers needing rescue, and so a rescue involving up to 4 victims will have a ceiling of €6,000. In very rare cases where larger groups are involved the ceiling will be set at €8,000 for 5-8 needing rescue, €10,000 for 9-16, and €12,000 for 16+. The law also allows got the charges to be levied against the estate of anyone who dies during their rescue, a measure which the regional Goverment insists complies with the provisions of national fiscal legislation.
    The list of activities classified by the law as risky is the following – the law says “this type of activity”, so other similar activities will be deemed to be included.

scuba diving, open sea swimming, windsurfing, kitesurfing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, wakesurf, skurfing, jet skiing, bodyboarding, surfing, rafting, hydro, kayaking, rowing, descending barrancos, bungee jumping, kite buggy, quads, rock climbing, pot holing, mountain biking, motocross, mountain motorbiking, equestrian trekking, horse riding, skiing, snowboarding, paraskiing, snowbiking, skibiking, hot air ballooning, parachuting, base jumping, ultralight flying, powered paragliding, para[i]gliding, hang gliding and parasailing.being scottish
    [/i]

All the things you aren't covered with by normal travel insurance! Waste of resources? 3025408739
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 10:09

The Lone Ranger wrote:Men in hospital after falling from canoe. One of these men have since died of their injuries.
    Kayaker's body found in River Findhorn.
    Campbell Brodie
    Campbell Brodie

Post by Campbell Brodie Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 11:17

Daily Mail Another one...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 12:57

Fell asleep before I got that far...

Waste of resources? 588840738
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 13:01

Adam Mint wrote:I totally disagree, although I think the muppets referred to in the first post were absolute twats for doing what they did   to get themselfs in the shit it's their choice, I raced motorbikes and  got my fair share of what "I'd" paid in to the NHS budget, so should it only be people who chose to smoke and drink  themselves to death that get treated...

Oh and for the cu#ts  that sit around all day in high vis think nothing about spending millions on training days,,, but moan their tits of when they've got to do it for real,,, feck the load of drama queens off, ITS WHAT YOU GET FECKIN PAID FOR...........

Now do the job and shut it..........................

Waste of resources? 3417148095

Well that's one new year resolution out the window after just four hours five minutes...
    Adam Mint
    Adam Mint

Post by Adam Mint Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 15:02

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-35205477

This is exactly what I'm on about, whoever ran this operation be it the army, navy or airforce we, the taxpayer were paying for it anyway, now let's face it our service boys and girls ain't exactly out there killing baddies every five minutes or so, no, they're sitting around on their arses most of the time doing feck all, and if they ain't doing that their training, now you don't hear the feckers moaning about the amount of money they spend on that do you,,, but when they actually have to go and rescue someone, it's moan moan moan cost cost cost... Now it's going to be run by a private company, and I don't suspect they're a charity, so they will be looking to make a profit,,, and whose providing that profit, us, the taxpayers...

Angry2 Angry2 Angry2

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Sep 2024 - 18:10